• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Heres ny theory...Looker in B/W was actually Ghestis in disguise. He made your character do all the work to find the other sages and now hes rebuilding the team. This theory makes sense, right?

No, that doesn't make any sense at all. Ghetsis was taken care of.

-N as the player. Massively far-fetched, but it would be awesome imo. Have N lose his Dragon at the start (to Ghetsis and Kyurem?), and have him receive a starter from Bianca and challenge Gyms because why not. It would be similar to Black and White, but still be a sequel.

Wont happen. The main series games are always a nameless, speechless hero that the player can project themselves onto. By becoming an actual character you break that.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Gym Leaders

Do you guys think that the Gym Leaders will be the same? If so will they be changed in anyway such as Pokemon/challenge order/type?

I think in some places there will be a new gym leader but not all of them.

I personally think that the Gym Leaders will remain the same, but will probably receive updated teams, I was hoping that if these games were going to be Pokémon Grey, that Iris and Drayden would challenge the player to a double battle, but since the titles are Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 I'm no longer sure.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Anyway, I'm guessing that two things can happen here one its about 20 years after the original events and you live with Father(Male)/Mother(Female) and N is back or Looker finds the new MC and sends to find N/Ghetsis.

ManhattanTheStarr

The only way we could have completely new Gym Leaders would be for there to be an entirely new region... Maybe there's another region attached to Unova, like with Kanto and Johto? Where there's the same Pokemon, but different Gym Leaders, and Elite Four? Gah, there's far too many possibilities...

YoungFitting

Pokemon Master
There are several things I expect in BW2:
1. More than just Unova Pokemon will be accessible before completion of the story mode. However, I doubt it will be all of them or even close to all.
2. If they are true sequels, the region will look different. In Black 2, it will be futuristic. In White 2 will appear to be back in time. Basically, the entire region's design will resemble Opelucid City from their respective prequels.
3. The Musketeer Trio (and obviously Kyurem) will have a much greater role in the plot.
4. There seem to be many characters and areas that were just thrown into Black and White with little explanation. I am mostly referring to the Abyssal Ruins, Looker, and Cynthia. I believe that some of these characters will be more involved in the story line.

Grey Wind

Won't happen. The main series games are always a nameless, speechless hero that the player can project themselves onto. By becoming an actual character you break that.
Oh I know, that's why I said massively far fetched. It will never happen, but I think it would be pretty cool.

My Speculations would be
Bianca's given up on being a Trainer and decided to either help Juniper or Become an assistant to Iris after the events of the last game, Cheren Decides to become Alder's Deciple and Become's Champion at the end of the Post Game. N Makes a return only this time he's begging for forgiveness but Is arrested. (A bit graphic for a Pokemon game but hey. :D) Ghetsis is still on the road since the events of Black and White 1. Gym leaders stay the same except maybe Iris leaves for training only leaving Drayden or Drayden leaves and Iris is the Gym leader. Team Plasma is pretty much gone.
So, uh, what happens in the game?

I personally think that the Gym Leaders will remain the same, but will probably receive updated teams, I was hoping that if these games were going to be Pokémon Grey, that Iris and Drayden would challenge the player to a double battle, but since the titles are Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 I'm no longer sure.
They will most likely have minor team changes, like in the other third versions (are these counted as the third version?).
If it's set a few years later I'd like to have at least one Gym change. Make Cheren a leader, that would be pretty sweet.

cantab

Quotes from the old news thread.

I think they're doing it to save money and make a quick game which will give them money but more importantly more time than what they would normally have to create the first 3DS Pokemon game.
This. All this talk about going to Hoenn, major expansion of Unova, etc etc would be awesome, but I don't think it's realistic. BW2 are stop-gaps while Game Freak work on Pokemon games for the 3DS. I think they'll be more like Yellow or Crystal than Emerald or Platinum, with only minor tweaks to the plot.

I remember BW being hyped as something really new, and it ended up pretty much same old same old.

The things in the logos look like gemstones, but that doesn't mean they are. A VCR looks like a toaster, but don't put bread into it!

possibly another youngster named O who will be N's replacement in Ghetsis's plan.
Such a character could appear, but the name "O" I feel is unlikely since a character with the same name appears in a well-known work of erotic fiction.

Manchee

extra toasty
Ohohoho, I've been waiting for this section.

Assuming that the game is indeed a sequel set after BW (and not just the third version split in two), some (wishful thinking) stuff I'd love to see is:

-Bianca as the professor. She decided to help Juniper with her research at the end of BW, so it would be pretty awesome to see her as professor.
-N as the player. Massively far-fetched, but it would be awesome imo. Have N lose his Dragon at the start (to Ghetsis and Kyurem?), and have him receive a starter from Bianca and challenge Gyms because why not. It would be similar to Black and White, but still be a sequel.
-Seven Sages battle, Shadow Triad battle. We've wanted this since BW came out, I'd love for it to happen.
-If it's a different player character, a battle with BW's character.

I probably went a bit too far with speculation, but eh, it would be nice for some of this to happen.

I think it seems quite out there to have N going and getting a starter, when he doesn't really like capturing Pokémon/owning them in the first place. Unless that changed by the end of the game, I honestly don't remember that well. :p

I'm hoping this is more of a sequel too, rather than a third game. If they create a feature to fully customize your character, this could be a time to introduce that, and have Hilbert/Hilda as the Champion. I dunno. If there's any kind of battle between the Seven Sages, I'll be really happy with that at least. They could have broken out of prison, it's an easy enough excuse.

Blitz Lucario

This definitely looks like an interesting idea since Pokemon has never really had a direct sequel to any of its games. Some things that I would like to see in the games are:
  • The games are set a short time after the events of the original BW. Maybe have new characters but I would prefer to play as Hilbert/Hilda again, maybe a little older with new outfits.
  • Maybe having some connectivity to the original BW, so if you use Black 2 Version and Black Version you can maybe copy your team from the older one to play against in Black 2.
  • Rematches against normal trainers, maybe include some something similar to the VS Seeker.
  • A triple battle with the the Striaton Gym Leaders, I think it would be interesting for you to use three Pokemon at once against Cilan, Chili, and Cress. They could either have the Pan's or the Simi's later on in the game.
  • A expanded Unova where we could maybe get some extra routes or a completely new area.
  • Zorua is obtainable without the use of the Celebi/Legendary Beasts Events. Maybe it could be given to you as an egg, similar to the Rilou egg given in D/P/Pl.
  • Team Plasma is heavily involved in the story and Ghestis or someone else who took command of Team Plasma when he was arrested.
  • Back to an earlier point if Hilbert/Hilda do return I think they should try to find N to help them defeat Team Plasma once and for all. He could still have the opposite dragon for whichever version you are playing. But say the player released their dragon after the original game so you have to find it again.
  • Telling us more about the history of Unova's past, so that we can know about the underwater ruins, the Musketeer's role in the war, and the story of the two princes. Maybe even include a time travel event where you the player take a role in the war, or just watch what happened to understand.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
That sounds like an incredibly boring game with no plot. So you really want to battle all the same leaders again? and if Plasma disbanded who would be the main antagonist/who fuses Kyurem and zekrom/reshiram? Why would N just automatically be arrested he has more of a potential plot then that

If the game really is a "Sequal" then Team Plasma shoulda been completely split by this point only to have a new organization take place. But I'll take back my Idea of N's arrest and Have him unsatified from the last game to get the power he wants ignoring that he made the same mistake from the last game.

Ludwig

This definitely looks like an interesting idea since Pokemon has never really had a direct sequel to any of its games.

Gold and Silver are sequels to Blue, Green and Red.

Writing that made me realise that it's possible that the story will be against a new team plasma, similarly to how Gold and Silver fought against team Rocket after they were defeated by Blue, Green and Red.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
Gold and Silver are sequels to Blue, Green and Red.

Not really in the sense of a direct sequel, Gold and Silver have their own stories, they just heavily reference the events of 3 years before involving Red and Team Rocket.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Sequal or no sequal, it's a new game, which means you should start with nothing again. For GF to require you to synch your BW copy to your BW2 copy to play, or have the story only make sense if you have played BW is a lot to ask of the consumer. If this is the case then I expect someone like Ghetsis to return in an attempt to finish what he started, considering he escaped. All the while you'll learn more about Ghetsis, Team Plasma, and N.

Ace of Shades

My thoughts.
-The game starts off with Kyurem calling upon you and asking you to go and get back Reshiram/Zekrom from N
-You go to Nuvema Town to explain the situation to Alder, who is currently residing there after you beat him, and Juniper
-They say that N was just spotted in a nearby region that's when Cheren and Bianca arrive
-The 3 of you are about to set off when Juniper tells you to leave your pokemon and change your clothes because if you didn't N my recognize you
-alder then takes you 3 to the airport place in Mistralton
-when you arrive you meet into a professer who is friends with Juniper and he gives you guys new starter, from Tepig/Oshawott/Snivy
-you travel through this regions 6/7 gym like facilities
-then you meet N atop a mountain and when he is about to go with you Kyurem comes all annoyed because you took so long
-It then kidnps Reshirm/Zekrom and N, who calls out for help as they are taken away
-When you arrive back In Unova your pilot never lands but has you parachute down into Nuvema Town which has been destroyed
-You find your pokemon which are the same level as your strongest new pokemon
-You must then save each Gym city from The 6 sages/Those 2 plasma girls
-You must then battle The Shadow Triad and Ghetsis who brainwashed Kyurem and sent him after N to bring him back to be used to fuse the 2 dragons
-after beating them you get to N who is under white/black Kyurem's control
-You must save him from kyurem and Kyurem from team Plasma

P.S. The other small region has pokemon from all gens

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The only way we could have completely new Gym Leaders would be for there to be an entirely new region... Maybe there's another region attached to Unova, like with Kanto and Johto? Where there's the same Pokemon, but different Gym Leaders, and Elite Four? Gah, there's far too many possibilities...

It doesn't have to be an entirely new region, it could be in the future as well. Gym Leaders can be replaced.

Oh I know, that's why I said massively far fetched. It will never happen, but I think it would be pretty cool.

I like how it is now, for the main games. That would be something more fitting for a spin-off.

If it's set a few years later I'd like to have at least one Gym change. Make Cheren a leader, that would be pretty sweet.

I'm thinking it'll either be set a few years in the future, similar to Gold and Silver, or it's an alternate telling of B/W. Characters are the same and such, but events are different.

Not really in the sense of a direct sequel, Gold and Silver have their own stories, they just heavily reference the events of 3 years before involving Red and Team Rocket.

No, they're definitely direct sequels.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
We'd probably see N with his Reshiram/Zekrom (depends on which game you buy) again in the sequel, since he took off in the ending of B/W. And one other thing concerning this matter, I believe N will help you during your journey, or may become one of your rivals in the game, along with Cheren and Bianca.

B/W2 should be similarly related to Platinum in a way, since that was a sequel to D/P, yet B/W2 on the other hand should be a sort of story expansion from B/W. And not to mention that there's an obvious connection between Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina; Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyurem will resemble this also. And not to mention Genesect, Meloetta (Both forms) should be a tad bit easier to receive in the sequels.

But this is just what I'm predicting.

Last edited:

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
I'm thinking it'll either be set a few years in the future, similar to Gold and Silver, or it's an alternate telling of B/W. Characters are the same and such, but events are different.

I'm anticipating something like this.

With Generation 5, GF was trying to rekindle Pokemon in the eyes of the incoming generation of kids, and that's why it was considered a reboot of the series with new Pokemon and an extremely comprehensive playthrough. I highly doubt at the opening of the game the player will be struck with news that Unova is under attack, or have to do some excrutiating journey from the get-go. It would make more sense that you start out how you would have in BW (though, with a new character, perhaps, and new gyms, and maybe even routes) but mid-story be clued in about the upcoming plans of a new Team Plasma.

But of course I don't have a clue either. It just makes more sense to speculate logicaly, by taking into consideration the consumers' perspective.

Pokemonpal7

Jungle Ninja
Has anyone thought what could be north of the league? Because that could be an interesting place to explore. There could be a desert with deserty Pokemon, or a marsh with marshy Pokemon, or a another forest with foresty Pokemon, or a savannah with savannahy Pokemon.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
No, they're definitely direct sequels.

I'm sorry but they're not, if you wish to get technical the correct term in which to describe Gold & Silver would be a stand-alone sequel. They take part in the same world and feature cameos from old characers, but playing Gold & Silver without playing Red & Blue would not negatively damage the player's experience and Gold & Silver is a completely original story, which like I said before heavily references the past events of Red & Blue.

Zalman

Master of Puppets
I'm gonna laugh at all of you if/when this turns out to be a standard "third game" but split into two.

No, but seriously, I really doubt it, but it sure is an interesting idea. I just don't think they would go through all that trouble for nothing, as the game would sell like crazy anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.