• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
No, it's actually the simplest way. Anyway, enough discussion about hacking.

If you know what you are doing, it's simple. If you don't, then you could seriously screw up your game (but I guess that's true for any hack).

Alright, no more hack talk. :)

Shockking

i dont know anymore
I was one of the people that talked a lot about this at the start of the thread and before that in the news thread. I bet people have just been saying the same things over and over, we covered a lot of stuff. Anything someone says has probabl already been mentioned. Anyways, we know Kyurem will get new formes but what about other Pokémon getting some? They weren't aren't in that 'formes list' that originally hinted at Kyurem getting a new forme but what if some poke got a forme or so à la Rotom. That could be cool, maybe they could put that into the story as well instead of it just being there like Rotom or Shaymin...

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I was one of the people that talked a lot about this at the start of the thread and before that in the news thread. I bet people have just been saying the same things over and over, we covered a lot of stuff. Anything someone says has probabl already been mentioned. Anyways, we know Kyurem will get new formes but what about other Pokémon getting some? They weren't aren't in that 'formes list' that originally hinted at Kyurem getting a new forme but what if some poke got a forme or so à la Rotom. That could be cool, maybe they could put that into the story as well instead of it just being there like Rotom or Shaymin...

No other Pokemon will be getting new formes aside from Kyurem.

Take a look at this article.
This lists all Pokemon found in the BW coding that has different formes, including non-legendaries.
If suppose there were other Pokemon that will be getting new formes in BW2, it should be part of this list.

TWN

5326 7398 1244

This lists all Pokemon found in the BW coding that has different formes, including non-legendaries.
If suppose there were other Pokemon that will be getting new formes in BW2, it should be part of this list.

How is that proof of no other Pokemon getting forms? Can that bit of coding not be changed for BW2? Besides, that list indicates that Kyurem will be limited to two forms; Kyurem is already confirmed to have three.

I believe that Kyurem will actually have four forms. Call me crazy, but I could see Reshiram and Zekrom getting new forms as well. Hear me out: according to Unova mythology, Reshiram and Zekrom were once a single Pokemon that was broken into two; it is indicated in BW1 that the form of Kyurem available for capture is the "shell" of of that Pokemon. That looks to be the case as well; Reshiram and Zekrom stand tall and gracefully, while Kyurem looks to be old and broken. If this myth has any truth to it, it is logical to believe that Kyurem was once a whole being that channelled both fire and lightning energies, and that these energies were stripped from it when Reshiram and Zekrom were concieved. No energy means no heat, and results in ice (which explains Kyurem's typing and bodily makeup).

That said, Kyurem's new Black and White forms seem to convey that in BW2, Kyurem will absorb back half of the energy that its whole form once had. That is why each form is half-covered in ice: because half of its energy is still missing.

So if the energy is "absorbed back" into Kyurem to create these forms, where does that leave Reshiram and Zekrom? Well, obviously they're not going to disappear for many obvious reasons regarding game mechanics, so I think they're going to simply be "drained" of their energy similar to how Kyurem's standard form is drained. This is where I could see Reshiram and Zekrom each having new forms: "drained" forms that seem old and decrepit like Kyurem's standard form.

It's a bit of a stretch, but it fits what we know and what we've seen.

Shockking

i dont know anymore

I actually was referencing that article when I said formes list, and as that other user already mentioned, how does that rule out other formes. After all, that Chart seems like Game Freak foreshadowing or a lttle mistake near the end of dev of BW. Anyways, I don't think we should be so absolute as to rule it out as an option. What Pokémon do you guys think could get other formes? Perhaps Volcarona could get one of when it 'served as the sun' i.e. FLAMES! He is a near legendary poke in BW after all, it would seem sensible.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
How is that proof of no other Pokemon getting forms? Can that bit of coding not be changed for BW2? Besides, that list indicates that Kyurem will be limited to two forms; Kyurem is already confirmed to have three.

I actually was referencing that article when I said formes list, and as that other user already mentioned, how does that rule out other formes. After all, that Chart seems like Game Freak foreshadowing or a lttle mistake near the end of dev of BW. Anyways, I don't think we should be so absolute as to rule it out as an option. What Pokémon do you guys think could get other formes? Perhaps Volcarona could get one of when it 'served as the sun' i.e. FLAMES! He is a near legendary poke in BW after all, it would seem sensible.

This is what led me to believe that no other Pokemon will get new formes.
Allow me to quote a part of the article...

Going back to Diamond and Pearl‘s game data, we have also found the same forme chart. It shows that Rotom, Shaymin, and Giratina had placeholders for new formes (a "1").

Let's use Rotom as an example. In DP's code, the Rotom forme placeholder has "1" as a value. When Platinum was released, it has five new formes, not one. That "1" is not an indication of how many new formes Rotom will get, but rather an indication that it will have a new forme in a future game.

So if, for example, Stunfisk, is to have a new forme, whether it'll just be a single forme or a hundred new ones, don't you think the value should have been pre-coded as "1"?

BUT! If we're talking about something similar to the Spiky-eared Pichu, then it's a totally different thing.

It is possible that there are other Pokemon that might receive a similar treatment (Chocolate Vanillite anyone?). Take note though, Spike-Eared Pichu is not a "forme", but a different Pichu with a totally different natural appearance. Similar to Spiky-eared Pichu though, it will most likely be untradable and be exclusive to that game alone.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
As for Genesect, its in the area where all the magical event Pokemon go, so its an event Pokemon. More importantly its the only legendary without a movie or short, so its gonna be given special treatment either way. As for the main character, give us the opposite gender of your choice for the hero, even if its gonna confuse people. Or give us new protagonists.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I hope we don't get another SEP because he was the most worthless thing ever.

I think there's a chance we'll get new protagonists. But, knowing GF they'll just be lazy.

Janovy

Banned
I think there's a chance we'll get new protagonists. But, knowing GF they'll just be lazy.
Lazy enough to make two direct sequels to Black & White games? :p

Geekachu

As people have already mentioned, the playable character is always presented as the nameless, silent protagonist, with whom players can easily relate to. If an already well-established character was made to be playable then it gets rid of that aspect of the playable character's appeal.

Aside from Wulava's explanation, if one references reason there's absolutely no point in shoehorning some other random forms into the new games.

But I agree that even another form of Kyurem could be revealed, which depicts the original Unova dragon.

More importantly its the only legendary without a movie or short

Thus far.

SEP?

The Genosect thing could workout. If it has a new story, N could have used the dragon he has and combined it with Kyurem to make one of the new forms. Ghetsis after he ran away could have taken Genosect from the scientists. He could want to use him to get back and N and complete Team Paslma's mission. N could battle Ghetsis and lose. Kyurem could leave after that and go crazy similar to the fighting between Groudon and Kyorge in RSE. The other dragon could come and try to stop him. If there is a 4th form he could transform into it here. That would take place after you battle Ghetsis, after N. When you beat him Genosect sees him as weak and leaves. He could go to Challenger Cave or something and wait there for you to battle him. In a sense he is waiting for a stronger trainer.

Icy Meteor

Boundary Pokémon
It is possible that there are other Pokemon that might receive a similar treatment (Chocolate Vanillite anyone?).

You've won me over, if GameFreak or the Pokémon Company ever run out of ideas, they seriously need to get down to these forums and go through these threads.

iwillHM01you

Ever since I played Black for the first time I was hoping that Gray would have Cheren and Bianca as playable protagonists, with Hilbert or Hilda and Cheren or Bianca as the rivals

Wasarym

'lectric-blue flavor
The Genosect thing could workout. If it has a new story, N could have used the dragon he has and combined it with Kyurem to make one of the new forms. Ghetsis after he ran away could have taken Genosect from the scientists. He could want to use him to get back and N and complete Team Paslma's mission. N could battle Ghetsis and lose. Kyurem could leave after that and go crazy similar to the fighting between Groudon and Kyorge in RSE. The other dragon could come and try to stop him. If there is a 4th form he could transform into it here. That would take place after you battle Ghetsis, after N. When you beat him Genosect sees him as weak and leaves. He could go to Challenger Cave or something and wait there for you to battle him. In a sense he is waiting for a stronger trainer.

My thoughts on Ghetsis using Genosect: after he is defeated, Ghetsis will declare Genosect useless, and Genosect simply leaves, being too weak to do much else after being defeated. What's cool about this is that it mirrors the end of BW1, where Ghetsis has his absolutely heartless rant about how worthless N is after being defeated. Genosect would even leave, just like N, unknown if you'll ever meet him again (you probably will in an event though).

Also, Genesect is an altered creature, no longer what it could have been.
N is an altered person, no longer who he could have been.
Both produced for nefarious purposes...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

OMA, yes! There's no point in a Pokemon that you can't evolve or trade.

As long as Genesect isn't directly shown or mentioned in the game.

kemal07

I think this is the part where we all get quiet because we already have run out of things to speculate because of the limitation of news = D...

I would like to bring something different up... In every 3rd version we usually get remodeled Gyms and E4 Rooms... I thought all of them were awesome and doesn't really need any remodeling but it is something that they always do... Which ones can we see changing?

pkmntraineramit

Then why not call them Grey? They are titled Black 2 and White 2. If they were simply just going to be the third version then there is no need for the 2.

obviously you didnt read my post. This called black 2 and white 2 so that it keeps the differences of the originals, but ads a better plot to the story (much like platinum did to diamond and pearl)

Exflar

Well to be honest, Grey would just mean Black and White would be tweaked and added with minor goodies.

Black and White two are meant to be "direct sequels". Meaning, not 'adding' to the existing plot, but rather 'continuing' the plot.

I also hope Anthea and Concordia get a larger role in these next two games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.