• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIA

<<< Recent Shiny
Well to be honest, Grey would just mean Black and White would be tweaked and added with minor goodies.

Black and White two are meant to be "direct sequels". Meaning, not 'adding' to the existing plot, but rather 'continuing' the plot.

I also hope Anthea and Concordia get a larger role in these next two games :)

Thanks for saying something thats been covered 10000000 times in the thread. No really thanks.

All silliness aside I think we've run out of things to speculate on. Were gonna have to wait and see when we get more news. Anyway Im gonna say lets wait and not cover stuff thats already been speculated.

pkmntraineramit

Wanna make a bet? >:]

They wouldn't make two third versions and keep the same version differences as the first two versions--that doesn't make any sense. The third version either brings the exclusives of both originals into one game, making it a unique version; or comes up with its own exclusive, making it a unique version. If Black 2 were to have the same exclusives as Black 1, well then how is Black 2 unique from Black 1? It ruins the whole "third version" concept if everything about them is the same as the original duo; especially if they have the same colors on the boxes, extremely similar Pokemon mascots, and the only thing about it that's different is a 2 (which indicates a sequel in almost every case).

I'll owe you a soda if I'm wrong. :)

One could argue that this generation is breaking the rules we've come to know and love(?) and therefore the above argument is in valid.
inb4 I get told off

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Working on the assumption that these might be sequels (I say might because there are some seriously rabid forum-goers around here who will go Nazi on you if you imply that *gasp!* they are sequels, y'know, despite the great honking 2 in the title) it'd be fantastic fun if you start out as a new trainer, some junior rookie from Nuvema...

...and as you go you follow the path of the legendary trainer from however many years ago who beat N and vanquished Team Plasma, just like how Gold had to follow in the footsteps of Red. Jumping timeline could mean that maybe Bianca and Cheren would mature as trainers - maybe even become Gym Leaders or Elite Four themselves (Cheren could become Champion, even!)? All wild speculation of course, but it would be amazing to walk through a Unova that's been altered slightly by time.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
One could argue that this generation is breaking the rules we've come to know and love(?) and therefore the above argument is in valid.
inb4 I get told off

And that's why these games are most likely sequels. But I wasn't just speaking of the games' established formula; I was speaking of general business sense. Using the names "Black and White" and the colors black and white to advertise games that are essentially the same game as two other games named "Black and White" that use the colors black and white for the same system just isn't good business sense.

Working on the assumption that these might be sequels (I say might because there are some seriously rabid forum-goers around here who will go Nazi on you if you imply that *gasp!* they are sequels, y'know, despite the great honking 2 in the title) it'd be fantastic fun if you start out as a new trainer, some junior rookie from Nuvema...

...and as you go you follow the path of the legendary trainer from however many years ago who beat N and vanquished Team Plasma, just like how Gold had to follow in the footsteps of Red. Jumping timeline could mean that maybe Bianca and Cheren would mature as trainers - maybe even become Gym Leaders or Elite Four themselves (Cheren could become Champion, even!)? All wild speculation of course, but it would be amazing to walk through a Unova that's been altered slightly by time.

This would be great. I would love to see Cheren as the champion and maybe Bianca as a gym leader, but I don't know which one. It would be cool if she opened up her own gym that did not have a specific type, but I don't see that happening.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Bianca might just take Striaton Gym, especially if that "crack" theory about Shadow Triad = Striaton trio actually happens...

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I think it's well hinted-at in BW1 that Bianca is dedicating herself to research instead of battling. I support the idea of Cheren being Champion though.

Bianca is the embodiment of truth, and Cheren of ideals (the themes in BW1). Bianca thinks she wants to be a trainer, but truth separates her and leads her to the path to which she's fated. Cheren, however, yearns for strength--which I think will allow him to bend his own fate in order to achieve his goal of becoming Champion, thus fulfilling his pursuit of ideas the same way Bianca found her truth.

Also: Alder, the current Champion, makes it clear that his pursuit of strength was not too different than Cheren's is. Hint hint.

Last edited:

Aurath8

I think it's well hinted-at in BW1 that Bianca is dedicating herself to research instead of battling. I support the idea of Cheren being Champion though.

Well-hinted? I'm pretty sure Bianca stated herself she would help out in the lab with Prof. Juniper.
Maybe Bianca could be the new professor? But still, she's probably too young for that.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
Well-hinted? I'm pretty sure Bianca stated herself she would help out in the lab with Prof. Juniper.
Maybe Bianca could be the new professor? But still, she's probably too young for that.

Probably still an assistant; even so, I bet she'll be the one to deliver your starter Pokemon.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
So, how far in the future do you think the game will take place? I expect to see Ghetsis.

I'd like to know more about the trinity, too.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
Interesting Ideas' but what I'm wondering is how Kyurem relates to Zekrom and Reshiram? Was it created as a result of the other two splitting or something else.

Last edited:

Coca Cola

So are these games a reboot of black/white a sequel or a normal 3rd version game? I've seen so many posts I'm unsure what truth or flase.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
So are these games a reboot of black/white a sequel or a normal 3rd version game? I've seen so many posts I'm unsure what truth or flase.

We don't know yet, but most of us are assuming it's a fusion of sequel and "third version": same region and assets, but new story (a continuation of BW1).

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I like the idea of Cheren being the new champion. Bianca may be Juniper's assistent.

If they do keep the same story line, I think a fight VS. Bianca's father's Darmanitan would be pretty sweet in Nimbasa city. It would throw another "challenging" aspect. Also, it would be neat if they threw in Cilan into the mix of random rival battles.

R_N

If they do keep the same story line, I think a fight VS. Bianca's father's Darmanitan would be pretty sweet in Nimbasa city. It would throw another "challenging" aspect. Also, it would be neat if they threw in Cilan into the mix of random rival battles.

Why would they randomly throw in an anime fight (one that would be pitifully easy ingame) & cilan fights (ash doesn't even fight cilan again)

pela

I could see Bianca being the new professor Juniper or her assistant but not a gym leader. Maybe Bianca could be a professor in a sevii-islands like region. If Cheren is the champion I will end myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.