• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Also, speculation as to the fate of past chartacters:

Hilbert/Hilda: Pulled a red or has taken over Alder as current champoin

Cheren: Wanderer or Champion or maybe with Alder investigating where Ghetis is

Bianca: Junipers assistant, no question

Alder: Pulled a red, still champoin or with Cheren investigating the whereabouts of Ghetis

N: Turns up at the begining of BW2 with the Dragon on the front cover

Ghetis: May or may not show

Shadow Triad: Again, may or may not show, may or may not be Striaton trio

Iris: New Opelucid Gym Leader in both versions

Drayden: New champion?
I don't understand why Alder and/or Cheren would be searching for Ghetsis. It's not like they are the police. Any arresting from them in BW1 I assumed was like a citizen's arrest...

Perhaps N is searching for Ghetsis though?

I don't think he necessarily has to be in the sequels btw. It's quite possible he released his dragon. It's not like that wouldn't fit with his personality.

And I honestly would be a bit ticked if Drayden became champ. I would accept it after a few minutes, but he really played no role in the first game and moving the 8th leader up out of left field like that is something I hope they wouldn't repeat. I'd rather have a double battle with Iris and Drayden for the 8th gym battle.

I think it would be cool if the player's mom played a big(ger) role in the sequels. Gold/Crystal's mom functioned as a bank and Lucas/Dawn's mom participated in contests. A useful mom would be interesting. At least give us one strong parent...

TWN

5326 7398 1244
We do not know that. It is entirely possible that we might have the same characters as we did in the originals.

Yes, it is possible that the Game Freak board of directors were on crack throughout the games' development, but not likely.

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer
since it is sequal and NOT 3rd game it is not possible to play as original charecters. HOW are they going to explan that your charecter who ( conquired elite four, defeated N and Ghetsis ( don't know defeating Adler and cynthia counts as Cannon) ) all of sudden losses their pokemon, and have to start from square 1. Unless they decided to not include gym battles in this game how are they going to explan gym battles your charecters fought before? what is the point? Why would they be fighting elite four again?

JBiGGiE

I won't lie. I'm on board with the sequel speculation, but the lack of information from the latest CoroCoro has me fearing the worst.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
I won't lie. I'm on board with the sequel speculation, but the lack of information from the latest CoroCoro has me fearing the worst.

Why? They always give us plenty of information when it's a third-version game. If anything, the lack of information means its something unexpectedly different than the norm and they don't want us to know what they're up to.

Brettd66

THIS.

Why aren't you people willing to accept that? Do you realize that you are committing mass homicide whenever you bring that up (all those brain cells....gone)?

/discussion

Just to let you know I have been playing Pokemon since red. I assure you I didn't lose any brain cells. And up until a couple weeks ago people would of thought it was crazy if someone said they thought the next game would be black and white 2. After I read the person you quoted's post it made sense so don't worry I accept that it isn't going to be N.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
To save you guys some time, here are the boxarts. Gotta love them.

Pokemon_Black_2_Boxart_JP.png
Pokemon_White_2_Boxart_JP.png

Notice that the cartridge box are black, unlike the boxes on the CoroCoro scan. Maybe those are limited editions.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
What can I say? Both of them look real nice. I'm just having an issue imagining a Fire-Dragon type using Ice-type moves. Or is it the other way around?

Anyhow, thanks for the Illustrations! There was news regarding the Box art covers on Serebii.Net, including news on Nobunaga' Ambition.

TWN

5326 7398 1244
To save you guys some time, here are the boxarts. Gotta love them.

Pokemon_Black_2_Boxart_JP.png
Pokemon_White_2_Boxart_JP.png

Notice that the cartridge box are black, unlike the boxes on the CoroCoro scan. Maybe those are limited editions.

The box arts look wonderful. I hope all the box arts from now on start looking this awesome.

Are you talking about the plastic casing? CoroCoro didn't depict colored casing; the red and blue were merely stylistic outlines. If red and blue were on the casing, it wouldn't have wrapped around to the left side of the Nintendo DS logo.

dainswfc

I feel you will play as the player from your previous save but you will be in hoenn thats because i think the 5th gen will have R/S remakes but they cant afford to make any more on ds. So the final battle much like in G/S i feel will be against brandon/may. I feel unova would just be too boring again plus all the hints such as the dive ball catching pokemon beter underwater yet you cant catch anyone inder water

I feel you will play as the player from your previous save but you will be in hoenn thats because i think the 5th gen will have R/S remakes but they cant afford to make any more on ds. So the final battle much like in G/S i feel will be against brandon/may. I feel unova would just be too boring again plus all the hints such as the dive ball catching pokemon beter underwater yet you cant catch anyone inder water

We are not going to Hoenn and we are not playing as the previous character. If we went there it would make no sense for us to have no Pokemon and have to start over after we just defeated the Elite 4. GameFreak is a company, they focus on making money. They know that if they make these games in Unova people will still buy them. It is the first ever sequels in Pokemon. They also know that if they make a Hoenn remake people will buy that too. Why would they combine them and lose potential money?

DBK

Renegade Trainer

Ugh...where do I start.....

Game saves (or other data (minus pokemon and items)) cannot be transferred over.

It's a sequel. So it's a pretty safe bet that Hoenn will not be in the game. There are various other reasons, but I don't feel like listing them.

And it's not because they can't afford it, it's because they can't make the most money that way.

The Dive Ball increases your catch rate when fishing and surfing too.

/discussion

rocky505

They can still add new dive spots with seaweed so the Dive Ball description can make sense though.

Black$tar

Gym Leader
If you get a new character and if the Hero of Black and White 1 where to appear in the game then were would you live in the game?
I mean unless you live in another place which is impossible because they would have to edit the Town/City and change everything.
Unless we really go to Hoenn it isn't possible.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
If you get a new character and if the Hero of Black and White 1 where to appear in the game then were would you live in the game?
I mean unless you live in another place which is impossible because they would have to edit the Town/City and change everything.
Unless we really go to Hoenn it isn't possible.

That's probably what they're going to do. Don't expect to see the same Unova we have all come to love. They will change things. It wouldn't be a stretch for them to add another building to a town or to even add another town. It's very possible and more likely than going to Hoenn another region.

Status
Not open for further replies.