• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurath8

Why does Giovanni, a leader of criminal group, a wanted person, decide to join a stupid gym leader tournament in the first place anyway?

You could ask similar questions about a lot of leaders. Why would Volkner travel to unova when he could(and should) be maintaining Sunyshore City through Sunyshore tower?
Not to mention how haven't they aged like Caitlin has over the past 5-9 years or so. If Blue was 13 in HGSS, how is he's exactly the same here.

Honestly, I think no reason will be provided as to why the Gym Leaders are in Unova or why none of them have changed in the past few years at all.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
Why did they make blaine look like some old timer in HGSS :'( he is my fav gym leader and he looked so cool with his lab coat.

HE LOOKS LIKE HE WORKS IN THOSE CHEAP FUN FAIRS DX

stenli

Flabebes
The other gym-leaders being there just make sense because it's an officially organized event or whatever. My point is, Giovanni is known as a CRIMINAL LEADER. Why would he show himself on public? Even then he isn't even a gym-leader anymore.

I'd love to see him on anime-ish Rocket vs Plasma plot instead, if that ever happens.

Chomper4

The other gym-leaders being there just make sense because it's an officially organized event or whatever. My point is, Giovanni is known as a CRIMINAL LEADER. Why would he show himself on public? Even then he isn't even a gym-leader anymore.

I'd love to see him on anime-ish Rocket vs Plasma plot instead, if that ever happens.

Maybe he reformed in the games.

Aurath8

It's been a very long time since TR disbanded. It's been even longer since Giovanni was involved in the Team. He could done his time jail and been released since then. He isn't(or shouldn't) be a gym leader anymore. That does puzzle me.

It just occured to me that this could be gathering of both current GLs and ex-gym leaders.

ForeverFlame

I assume that this is non-canon. Sort of like DLC characters or something. We'll have to wait for Tate and Liza before we come to a conclusion though. BW2 take place ~10 years after RSE, so Tate and Liza should be adults by now.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You could ask similar questions about a lot of leaders. Why would Volkner travel to unova when he could(and should) be maintaining Sunyshore City through Sunyshore tower?
Not to mention how haven't they aged like Caitlin has over the past 5-9 years or so. If Blue was 13 in HGSS, how is he's exactly the same here.

Honestly, I think no reason will be provided as to why the Gym Leaders are in Unova or why none of them have changed in the past few years at all.

Hmm, it sort of reminds me of how Palmer, Dahlia, and the other Frontier Brains were in Sinnoh and Johto at the same time. I guess it'll never be clarified, but I personally don't mind so long as we get to interact with the Gym Leaders/Champions outside of the tournament.

Shockking

i dont know anymore
Anyways, we know Kyurem will get new formes but what about other Pokémon getting some? They weren't aren't in that 'formes list' that originally hinted at Kyurem getting a new forme but what if some poke got a forme or so à la Rotom. That could be cool, maybe they could put that into the story as well instead of it just being there like Rotom or Shaymin...

No other Pokemon will be getting new formes aside from Kyurem.

Take a look at this article.
This lists all Pokemon found in the BW coding that has different formes, including non-legendaries.
If suppose there were other Pokemon that will be getting new formes in BW2, it should be part of this list.

HAH. I was right after all.

That is all.

GalladeX

Hmm, it sort of reminds me of how Palmer, Dahlia, and the other Frontier Brains were in Sinnoh and Johto at the same time. I guess it'll never be clarified, but I personally don't mind so long as we get to interact with the Gym Leaders/Champions outside of the tournament.

Well, the Battle Pyramid was mobile in the anime, so perhaps they were implying that the Sinnoh Battle Frontier (literally) moved to Johto.

I assume that this is non-canon. Sort of like DLC characters or something. We'll have to wait for Tate and Liza before we come to a conclusion though. BW2 take place ~10 years after RSE, so Tate and Liza should be adults by now.

tate and liza wont confirm anything because the other leaders wouldve shown aging too

rook09

Of science.
I'd still like to know what Akuroma has to do with the World Tournament. I mean, it was mentioned that he studies Pokemon strength wasn't it? But his appearance reminds me a lot of Team Plasma's outfit colouration, what with the black and light blue. I don't know if he's been confirmed as the professor for the generation or not, but, and this is a bit stretched, maybe he's the champion? Didn't Ghetsis imply that Alder was only looking after the position of champion, and so maybe Akuroma is the champion? It would answer why he's involved in the tournament. It's highlly unlikely and do correct me if I'm wrong.

I'd still like to know what Akuroma has to do with the World Tournament. I mean, it was mentioned that he studies Pokemon strength wasn't it? But his appearance reminds me a lot of Team Plasma's outfit colouration, what with the black and light blue. I don't know if he's been confirmed as the professor for the generation or not, but, and this is a bit stretched, maybe he's the champion? Didn't Ghetsis imply that Alder was only looking after the position of champion, and so maybe Akuroma is the champion? It would answer why he's involved in the tournament. It's highlly unlikely and do correct me if I'm wrong.

Well Akuroma is confirmed NOT to be the region professor. But is the AR researcher are professor this time or is Juniper still? I wanna say still Juniper...

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy

Where is it seen that he's involved with the Tournament?

rook09

Of science.

On the actual Serebii website, on the World Tournament section it's mentioned that Akuroma is involved. I also remember seeing an image of his sprite at the tournament as well, but I can't seem to find it :/ Well, it's at least on the list on the website at the moment.

Last edited:

silicon

Swordsman
Well Akuroma is confirmed NOT to be the region professor. But is the AR researcher are professor this time or is Juniper still? I wanna say still Juniper...

Bianca brings the starters to the player for Juniper, so Juniper is still the professor.

In the first trailer he's shown walking onto what we now know is the tournament stage.

S/D/J

On the 2 teams shown, maybe N could be leading the old Team Plasma(As a"good" team), fighting against the "corrupt" black Team Plasma

kemal07

Bianca brings the starters to the player for Juniper, so Juniper is still the professor.

In the first trailer he's shown walking onto what we now know is the tournament stage.

I wonder why he would be battleable in the tournament...

He looked like a host or the owner of the facility... but Cynthia is indeed the owner...

Can Akuroma act like scott?... he does concentrate on the strength of Pokemon so maybe he gets us to partake in the event, or a Battle Frontier (if there is one)... But still, there is this weird 'evil' aura coming from him...

Status
Not open for further replies.