• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyarlathotep

Eldritch Abomination
I will always respect Unfezant. It defeated three of alder's pokemon and made me champ when all my other pokemon were down.

It is not like Unfezant is the the weakest Pokémon.
The problem is its boring and bland design. Plus, it is just a generic regional bird.

gliscor&yanmega

I must say, I'm disappointed in the handling of the rival's battling and team(Starter obviously would be there, and I suppose the other two are reasonable for early additions, but the same routes he would of got those from had other Pokemon he could have used, plus why not a 4th Pokemon, Bianca and Cheren had 4 just after Burgh's gym, this guy has three still after Skyla's gym), however, I do love his actual storyline, well from what I know of it so far. He does appear very often, perhaps appears more then any other rival, his story seems to get drawn out nicely, and we team up with him rather often enough, so at less one part of him is great to me, and I'm sure post story his team will be more interesting to battle, although he'll still probably have Unfezant and a Simi. Still, I like how they are handling him at less character wise.

I feel the need to retract my statement, while we don't really battle him all that often(Still the team isn't that interesting for me), we do Tag with him a lot, which I would assume is meant as a form of replacement for battling him, I still wish we could have battled him a few more times during the story, but overall I think I'll be fine with it in the end, I still love how much he appears and the rivalry isn't so focused on the battling which allows people to see a new side to rivalries as battling isn't all rivalries are about.

I'm still not sure on this or not, but I do believe the new rival holds the record for most appearances in the game, and while he may not hold the record for most battles(I don't believe he has the lowest in that category either), he still seems to have a nice fleshed out story and being more developed then past rivals for the most part.

GigaGalvantula

Joined for B/W2
I feel the need to retract my statement, while we don't really battle him all that often(Still the team isn't that interesting for me), we do Tag with him a lot, which I would assume is meant as a form of replacement for battling him, I still wish we could have battled him a few more times during the story, but overall I think I'll be fine with it in the end, I still love how much he appears and the rivalry isn't so focused on the battling which allows people to see a new side to rivalries as battling isn't all rivalries are about.

I'm still not sure on this or not, but I do believe the new rival holds the record for most appearances in the game, and while he may not hold the record for most battles(I don't believe he has the lowest in that category either), he still seems to have a nice fleshed out story and being more developed then past rivals for the most part.

I like that about Hue too.

Aurath8

Hue punched a Neo Plasma. He does not talk to villains, he punch them.

Having a good team or not, this guy is epic.

Awesomeness level of Hyu increased by the factor of pi squared.

I've gotten over Hyu's team now that it seems we'll be tagging up with up a lot throughout the game. If they gave him awesome pokes it'd be far to easy.

diakyu

So do we know if he ever got his Liepard back?

KyuremCraze

Aspiring Author
Yay! Some REAL Violence In Pokemon :D

diakyu

And apparently he leaves it behind in Giant Chasm:

kyurem-ow.png

If only we were able to take it to ourselves
I was under the impression that was the item that fused Kyurem with resh/zek. Guess not. Weird to just leave it there.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Oh, boy, that would be awesome... maybe to sell it or maybe it can be a held item whoe knows.

He is like Lord Zedd from Power Rangers, his staff totally completes the whole fantasy dark lord look he is trying to go for.

diakyu

So I was skimming through Pokebeach's live translations from his stream and I found this-
"Once you cross the bridge in Chargestone Cave, you hear an off-screen voice saying that it’s perfect that this cave is full of electricity and that it’s the perfect place for him. Now he has to stop something to save himself and his friends."
Any Ideas as to who this is?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
So I was skimming through Pokebeach's live translations from his stream and I found this-
"Once you cross the bridge in Chargestone Cave, you hear an off-screen voice saying that it’s perfect that this cave is full of electricity and that it’s the perfect place for him. Now he has to stop something to save himself and his friends."

Sounds like somthing N would've said in BW1...

Tickle Me Cooper

A Black Protagonist
Who ARE these two!?!?!

Ver-mont

Upon defeating the three Dark Trinity members, they disappear and leave the Liepard behind. The Rival stays behind as you exit.
Oh, so he does get the Liepard back after all.

I can't think of anyone right now... "it's perfect that this cave is full of electricity", why?

Who ARE these two!?!?!

Who are you talking about?

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo

matt0044

Apparently, you can "talk" to the staff as seen at the end of this video (unfortunately, I have no idea what it says or how to translate it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKygRUGqMQs&feature=relmfu

IT CAN TALK?! Oh wait, do you mean you go to it, press "a" and the box say "It can't be moved." or something.

And where did the Shadow guy take Ghetsis to? Is it another sequel hook or is he going to give up for good? He may as well since he's been beaten by a kid for the second time. That's not good for an already bruise ego so I'd like to assume that he gave up unless... there's going to be a BW3! Nah, the latter wouldn't happen. Or would it? Nah.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.