• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Storyline and Characters Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
[IMG139]http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/518/518940/c20120805_poke_014_cs1w1_640x480.jpg[/IMG139]

Umm, whoa.

Funnily enough, his mouth deformation also seems to be on the same direction Ghetsis' is.
[IMG139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/avatars/trainers-bw/geechisu.png[/IMG139]
[img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/avatars/trainers-bw/ghetsis.png[/img139]

Attachments

• geechisu.png
    geechisu.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 16

R_N

...huh
I never noticed that ghetsis had a...what would you call it a lazy lip? on his right side before

I hope we get a transcription of what masuda and company were saying

Izanagi

'Sup!
Yeah, a translation would be greatly appreciated. Ghetisis does have a "lazy lip" now that I really look at it.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
What I hope is that someone, somewhere manages to translate the text on the Sage/Triad/Goddess arts. But that's extremely unlikely. :(

Tsutaja1996

If I'm looking at some of this correctly, it seems that at one point Hilda (and likely Hilbert) were going to be the protags for BW2. Or, more likely, for the would-be "third version" before they decided on sequels.

and man look at the art of the sages!

Where are you seeing Hilda and Hilbert? :eek:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I find this one the most interesting because of his arm.
It's like the opposite of Ghetsis' black right arm

I had to squint to see it. That's weird. Based on the theme of this art, it's probably not a glove. I actually wish they would make a Pokemon game with a creepy-realistic style now.

R_N

People, please stop taking on concepts as if they had been actually accepted

I don't think anyone is? The closest is me bringing up that one of the concepts has an arm similar to Ghetsis' and one person replying "OH MAN IT WASN'T JUST SHADING"

everyone else is just commenting on some of the concepts and what they could have meant

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
I don't think anyone is? The closest is me bringing up that one of the concepts has an arm similar to Ghetsis' and one person replying "OH MAN IT WASN'T JUST SHADING"

everyone else is just commenting on some of the concepts and what they could have meant

And even that was mostly sarcasm on my part.

I just think it's interesting that the "black arm" thing seems to have been intentional.

Last edited:

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
Umm, can anyone answer this question. Is Memory Link usable twice? The reason I'm asking is because I only have one copy of pokemon White and I'm planning to get both Black and White 2. And whoever says this might not belong in this thread, do note that Memory Link has an impact (however small) on storyline and characters and I don't think this would belong in the help thread since I'm not trying to use it (as I don't have any copy/rom of the game) and this is just an honest question. That aside, anybody else thinking of how Gamefreak is increasingly getting darker and darker in the story's mood since you're literally almost impaled by ice and if such actually happened and was animated you would most likely see a gory mess of the MC? And thinking about it, wouldn't it have been awesome if they actually made a "Good End/Bad End" situation that happened depending on your choices and if you failed your earlier save would have been loaded. That would be interesting to see in the games which are about 98.9% linear and canon when it comes to the storyline.

diakyu

Yeah, I get the feeling the back arm was a scrapped concept. Maybe it was something they thought up of when thinking about yin-yang concepts? But why would they keep it in the intro of the first game? Maybe it was a concept that would of been put into play in the third version. But then trashed when they made a sequel instead. It certainly interesting.

Edit: of course that's under the assumption that is a black arm.

Last edited:

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
That's basically how I feel about people taking Ghetsis's scar/birthmark/tattoo/whatever seriously, as if it was canon.

Is there any reason to not take it seriously? The games are silent about the origins of his space monocle, and there's been no Word of God on the developer's part to contradict the concept art. Why is it unreasonable to assume that his space monocle covers a scar/birthmark/tattoo/hole drilled in his skull, when the concept art suggests that it does and we have no contrary information?

Ver-mont

Is there any reason to not take it seriously? The games are silent about the origins of his space monocle, and there's been no Word of God on the developer's part to contradict the concept art. Why is it unreasonable to assume that his space monocle covers a scar/birthmark/tattoo/hole drilled in his skull, when the concept art suggests that it does and we have no contrary information?

Because that's just concept artwork. It can be anything. Maybe the monocle covers that thing. Maybe they were studying shape and position for his monocle before settling into the final design. Maybe the scar/birthmark/tattoo thing was scrapped in favor of the monocle. Too many maybes.

Eterna

Because if it isn't shown to us it probably doesn't exist. Why even bother giving him a scar if they're just going to cover it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.