• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Straight-up OU Hyper Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Don't judge.

Okay so this is my first time posting here and I really don't know what's going on so be gentle. Also this team may not be quite as specific as it says in the rules and I don't have as much competitive under my belt as I'd like to.

Tested under username Matoro Mahri on Showdown.

Infernape @ Life Orb or Leftovers (I've tried both and neither seems to work better than the other, it just depends on the particular team I am facing.)
Blaze w/ Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpD
Close Combat/Flare Blitz/U-turn/Stealth Rock

This guy...I don't know what to do with him. Some battles he rapes, others he gets raped. Idk.

Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce w/ Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Psychic/Reflect/Light Screen/Hidden Power Ground

She's always worked fine. Very little counters her except Steel-types, which HP Ground surprisingly often takes care of, and Dark-types, which are obviously a forced switch-out.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Multiscale w/ Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Dragon Dance/Fire Punch/Outrage/ExtremeSpeed

Yeah so standard Dragon Dancer. I don't have enough experience to try any gimmicks so the time-tested mons are safe. I find Fire Punch works way better than Waterfall and covers Ferrothorn.

Haxorus @ Lum Berry
Mold Breaker w/ Adamant
36 HP/252 Atk/220 Spe
Dragon Dance/Outrage/Earthquake/Iron Tail

Okay. This is literally my favorite Pokemon ever. The only one I use a shiny spire for, Haxorus is completely unstoppable. Nothing stands in its way unless it's locked in. My favorite part is Skarmory. OMFG, when their precious flying-type gets Earthquaked, it is hilarious. So Outrage hits anything else, especially after a DD. The EV spread was taken straight from Showdown recommendations to out speed something, I forget what. The fourth moveslot is still open, I've never had to use it. Suggestions for strengthening this absolute powerhouse are open, not that it really needs it.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician w/ Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Bullet Punch/Roost/Swords Dance/U-turn

Offensive Scizor set. The recommended set is defensive but on a Hyper Offense team this is what it takes. STAB bullet punch is the default move. I must say it seems like Scizor is quite overrated. I am fully comfortable with replacing this team member, and I would appreciate advice on what goes with this synergy.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Inner Focus w/ Jolly
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Bullet Punch/ExtremeSpeed/Close Combat/Swords Dance

Standard fast physical sweeper. Behind Scizor, this is the most useless mon on this team. There are very few situations in which it is applicable, and the only move that it can use is Close Combat. Also open to suggestions for replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.