• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strange/funny move situations in D/P

MiGhTy_MiChAeL

I'm Maelstrom
The title says it all. Example. Vital Throw always goes last. If you have a Pokémon faster than the opponent, and it uses Metronome -> Vital Throw, would that be possible. I know, it's a bit difficult to understand this thread, but hey, it's me.

Sion9

Probably. IIRC, if Sleep Talk selects Roar, then it will still have normal priority.

Of course, the ability to test that particular situation is a bit...difficult...

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Yes, it would still work, and it's the same with moves like Sleep Talk and Assist. However, that also means if one of these moves selects Quick Attack or a similar move, and you went second, you don't get priority anymore.

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
Metronome -> Extremespeed

Went last.

Last edited:

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Lemme think here.

The foe uses Metronome and uses Explosion, dying and nearly killing you. You use Mirror Move, and explode yourself.

Exploding Fearow and Pidgeot...apparantly a new terror in Kanto.

The Golux

Not a Mere Device
Somehow, I can't picture a Pidgeot surviving an explosion... unless perhaps it was from a very low-level Shuckle or something...

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Lemme think here.

The foe uses Metronome and uses Explosion, dying and nearly killing you. You use Mirror Move, and explode yourself.

Exploding Fearow and Pidgeot...apparantly a new terror in Kanto.

lol

with me the flinch set of togekiss only works 50% of the time

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
not sure what happens but this has crossed my mind before:

Ya no Earthquake does nothing to flyers for the obvious reason because it shakes the ground....

What happens if you used Hidden Power Ground or Mud Bomb or something like that?

They also count as ground types but in the mud bomb case mud bombs are fired at the opponent and hidden power well.. its not exacly an earth shaking attack is it?

Just wondering what happens in this case, im guessing it doesnt effect flyers but im not sure why it wouldnt...

phantom1113

Not a random nub
not sure what happens but this has crossed my mind before:

Ya no Earthquake does nothing to flyers for the obvious reason because it shakes the ground....

What happens if you used Hidden Power Ground or Mud Bomb or something like that?

They also count as ground types but in the mud bomb case mud bombs are fired at the opponent and hidden power well.. its not exacly an earth shaking attack is it?

Just wondering what happens in this case, im guessing it doesnt effect flyers but im not sure why it wouldnt...

yea i know, just like flygon using dig and eartquake still missing...

Keizer

The Helios
How about a ferrow using mirror move on a pokemon who just used dig? I'd say burrowing ferrows are much scarier then exploding pidgeys. Now how about we hack a diglet to get it to know fly? rofl

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
How about a ferrow using mirror move on a pokemon who just used dig? I'd say burrowing ferrows are much scarier then exploding pidgeys. Now how about we hack a diglet to get it to know fly? rofl

lol now that would be funny

'Hey!? whats that flying threw the air!? Oh its just a diglet!'

Keizer

The Helios
Hey i didn't know pidgey's exploded on impact.^_^

PokeProMaster

Nike-Air-Force
what about a torchic doing surf or something like that (by using mirror move)

Or ever thought how a diglet/dugtrio can use slash or shadow claw? what does it scratch em with? its nose? lol

bWo

Were Taking Over!
Hypnosis,yawn,sing(any sleep attack) or blizzard,ice punch(any freeze move)then psycho shift...PS is supposed to give the status problems to the foe,but if if the user is frozen or asleep,then I guess not...

Yeah,related to pokeproMaster's last comment,lots of pokemon on all fours can do sucker punch...not really impossible,but kinda weird.

ground tamer

Hahahahahaha
An exampile of this happened in my game when i was battling for my 7th badge in my pearl. My Tozicroak used Revenge on Candice's Abmosnow(sp). I was hopeing for a 1 hit shoot and i ended up getting it, but my toxicroak went first. I didn't no what move she used to make me go first and i was a bit baffeled by the situation. I mean, it really doesn't matter to me why i went first seeing as how i went first, its just bugging me a bit.

MAGNITUDE

Lock on + Sheer cold.

Gotta love it xD

1st turn: Used Metronome, got Mind Reader.
2nd turn: Used Metronome, got FISSURE.
3rd turn: hi i like pie
4th turn: Used Metronome, got EXPLOSION.

Didn't happen with me, but with some random Smogoner and he told that on the forums.

By the way, the "most strange move situation in D/P" is Wooper STILL learning Focus Punch.

Last edited: