• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

strangest pokemon evolution

CrYsTaL-Suicune

Trust..Bond of heart
Though it is really not the evolution part that I have felt strange about(only because most of the pokemon go through drastic changes in form), I always thought it was weird what the dex entry says about Shelgon's evolution to Salamence. It goes like "it looked up in the sky and dreampt about flying so much that one day, it grew wings." How does this even work???? I don't think huge,amazing mutations take place by wishing. If so, I'd be growing wings right now too. LOL. just my two cents

You've got a point there... But maybe Shelgon wished on a real wishing star, you know. Maybe he wished on Jirachi?

Skull-Kid

Shelgon to Salamence.WTF? It's a shell that evolves into a DRAGON!?! Thats a little odd don't you think?

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Shelgon to Salamence.WTF? It's a shell that evolves into a DRAGON!?! Thats a little odd don't you think?

I think that a larva casing itself and growing wings is weird, that happens in the real world. Why can't a dragon larva do the same and become a dragon in a fantasy world?

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
I'd have to say Bidoof to Bibarel. A beaver to a horridly ugly beaver. What's that all about?

spearow_treecko_lover

...What do you want?
I just do NOT get how Nincada evolves into Shedinja.
And Probopass is funny looking.
And when I first heard Bellossom (i.e. in Pacifidlog Town some girl says "I'll trade you my Corsola for a Bellossom) I was all "OK, time to go and get a Bellsprout and evolve it."

fhqwhgads

When it first evolved in Blue, I was like, "They look the same! Yes, they look so ***damn much like the same person!"

webxprt

but shelder also is really messed up when attached to a slowbro/king
What do you think?

I think the slowbrow\king thing is hinting at the next big thing for the next gen pokemon games. Think about it, many of the big additions have been hinted at in the anime, before they made it into the game. Ie double battles (jessie and james always did this in the anime), baby pokemon (togepi being discovered), so what is slowbrow hinting at? The answer is of course, fusion evolution. I can't wait for this to happen, that is, if it does.

And for all you uber nerds out there with no life, ready to call me out on some shenanigans, yes I know slowbrow's evolution was talked about in the game before the anime, but I guess this hint is special.

webxprt

but shelder also is really messed up when attached to a slowbro/king
What do you think?

I think the slowbrow\king thing is hinting at the next big thing for the next gen pokemon games. Think about it, many of the big additions have been hinted at in the anime, before they made it into the game. Ie double battles (jessie and james always did this in the anime), baby pokemon (togepi being discovered), so what is slowbrow hinting at? The answer is of course, fusion evolution. I can't wait for this to happen, that is, if it does.

And for all you uber nerds out there with no life, ready to call me out on some shenanigans, yes I know slowbrow's evolution was talked about in the game before the anime, but I guess this hint is special.

MidnightStorm

I get what you're saying, but I can't really relate b/c I don't watch the anime enough to make the exact connection. Fusion Pokemon, I like the idea...

fhqwhgads

They did the Mantyke and Remoraid thing this gen, so why didn't they do Shellder and Slowpoke? Because neither Slowbro nor Slowking was revealed this gen, so Slowpoke already had evolutions methods for them.

CleoCosette

Glitter and be Gay!
I just do NOT get how Nincada evolves into Shedinja.
And Probopass is funny looking.
And when I first heard Bellossom (i.e. in Pacifidlog Town some girl says "I'll trade you my Corsola for a Bellossom) I was all "OK, time to go and get a Bellsprout and evolve it."

Well... Nincada doesn't exactly evolve into Shedinja... ;292;
Agreed.
Hehe... I find that trade unfair anyways! :p!

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
I should also mention Kakuna to Beedrill. They should make Kakuna more named after a larva.

CleoCosette

Glitter and be Gay!
I should also mention Kakuna to Beedrill. They should make Kakuna more named after a larva.

Well, I kinda agree, I think Kakuna looks more like a Beetle Pupae than anything. Ever raise Mealworms? If Kakuna is the Pupae, well, then it should evolve into something more Beetle-ish. But Kakuna is named after a Larva, well, Pupa, CACCOON into KAKUNA, you know?

Leki

Gym Leader Morty <3
Hm, well....

Snorunt > Frolass
Remoraid > Octillary. Took me a long time to figure out they were related. :p

All I can really think of that I didn't like.

Vashperado_S

~+ Sound Trainer~+

YES! thank arceus! someone else who thinks there should be fusion evolution! but actually, i think it might have already happened, because i think to evolve mantyke you have to fuse it or something with remoraid... but yes!

fhqwhgads

someone else who thinks there should be fusion evolution! but actually, i think it might have already happened, because i think to evolve mantyke you have to fuse it or something with remoraid... but yes!
You have to have one in your party and it doesn't disappear. Yeah, total fusion right there.

wad11656

CrazedPokémonBreeder
Bronzor into Bronzong...?? I mean...a metal disc into a metal giant bell or something? Whatever...there are a few strange ones out there...XP

I say Remoraid into Octillary. A fish into an Octopus. I don't get it. I also say Smoochum into Jynx. You've got this cute little thing that evolves into the 2nd ugliest pokemon.(On my list of the ugliest pokemon.) I also say evos. where you've got one spieces that evolves into another, completly different spieces. Like Magikarp(fish)into Gyarados(Sea Serpent)

-Summer-

BeatFreaks Fo Lyfe<3
Well id have to say Flaafy into Ampharos, its like some sheep into this weird gifaffe thingy.