• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy for Palkia-HELP!

Hudsonn98

I'm playing Time and I feel like such a noob but Palkia keeps trashing my team. My team consists of:

Torchic lvl 59
Dig
Flamethrower
Shadow Claw
Rock Slide

Totodile lvl 60
Ice Fang
Hydro Pump
Superpower
Crunch

Anyone have any suggestions on what to use/do/items?

Like with many boss battles, grind and stock up on Reviver Seeds. I died several times, too but you just gotta keep going. It's usually a good idea to be able to attack from a distance, but I can see you don't have many long ranged attacks with you. Any throwing item you have in the inventory can be used to deal some damage before attacking up front.

Don't know if you like using Wonder Mail Generators, but it could come in handy.

Michielleus

I hack Unova
1. Disable Hydro Pump and Superpower on Totodile. They're completly useless.
2. SEEDS. Totter seeds, sleep seeds, any seed! Throw it at Palkia's face and try to kill it.
3. Dig is useful if you're lucky. Foolish Palkia, ruler of space, does not see that you're underground.
4. Spacial Rend kills you, don't bother spamming a lot of reviver seeds.
5. Try again, and again, until you finally win.

nathandg0924

Back in the meantime
Hope you have reviver seeds. Also use those seeds that can cause status to him (orbs don't work). Be mindful of Spatial Rend which could kill your team.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Hmm. Have you maxed out Torchic's IQ? Go berserker, activate Aggressor and Intimidator, make sure Clutch Performer is active, and spam Dig. As for Totodile, I'd disable all his moves other than Crunch. To be honest, he won't be much use, so I'd just let him hold an Oran Berry to throw at you or eat himself and heal off a Spacial Rend.

This is why I love Mudkip, he laughs at all late game bosses.

sniperman1194

Walking Pokedex
Just chuck Hunger, X-eye, and Sleep seeds at it while you pound it from afar with ranged attacks. Also, keep at least 6 Reviver Seeds in your bag. You never know when he will use Spacial Rend.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Just chuck Hunger, X-eye, and Sleep seeds at it while you pound it from afar with ranged attacks. Also, keep at least 6 Reviver Seeds in your bag. You never know when he will use Spacial Rend.

My thoughts exactly, and it is the same way I did with Dialga. But you may want to throw in a Focus Blast on Totodile. That's good on lowering Sp. Def, which would make your other ranged attacks stronger.

Though you may have a hard time doing this, Hudsonn. Since Palkia is a part Water-type, he can easily obliterate Torchic, and you'll need a diverse movepool for Totodile, since he is a pure water type himself.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
I know your feel bro. Try looking for seeds. Any seed will do. They really helped me out. I luckily found a sleep seed and a couple of the confusion ones and they really saved me. That's all I have to say. Also, tr o make sure that your partner has a berry, just I case. I haven't played that part in a whil, so I might not be that helpful...

Ditto B1tch

Your team is at high level, so I have only these as suggestions:

*take some Revive Seeds (from 5 to 10 should be enough)

*link moves (go to Electivire's Link Shop in Treasure Town)

*throw status-ailment seeds at Palkia (Totter, Sleep, Stun Seed, for example)