• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy Guides: Which companies are making them this time?

TooCoolScyther

Sea Ruby Trainer
Just wondering if anyone knows.

Versus Book had the BEST ones for R/B/Y/G/S/C until they stopped doing it. Prima continues to do it I think... and I saw one for D/P made by Prima. But I never really liked Prima. But at the same time... the Nintendo ones are horrible because they leave out all the extra stuff.

Are those the only two that are available for D/P? Anyone know of any other one? And yes, I do mean the book. Even if a website like Serebii.net or GameFAQs has all the info one may need... it just seems like a hassle to check the internet for "Wild Pokemon".

You know what I mean? I'm sure there are those who prefer the book over the internet in most cases. There I go again, turning this into a debate/discussion.

Av0idTheL1ght

Pokemon USA is doing one too, but I don't trust them sometimes.... their info is right normally, but when I got one before, it was lacking.

Prima is always bad IMO....

Hype_chao

Eevee FTW!
Prima, ughhh.
Their guide for FR/LG was absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen, it only showed islands 1-3, and failed to elaborate on anything except the main storyline, I actually beat the game easier following my old R/B guide...
They have failed.

gradevoirs_leader

Salamance is god.
yeah primas E guide isnt bad i hate there FR LG walk though i didnt even think of buying it it was that bad, and im looking forward to getting the dp walkthough with all the hints and tips:D i hope its made by a decent company that takes the time to look at the games

ChaosAngel

MINE!! :D
Prima, ughhh.
Their guide for FR/LG was absolutely the worst thing I have ever seen, it only showed islands 1-3, and failed to elaborate on anything except the main storyline, I actually beat the game easier following my old R/B guide...
They have failed.

Yeah, I agree with u.
FR/LG Prima guide was THE worst ever.

Anyways, most likely that Prima will continue.
I'm sure that there will be an official nintendo guide.

aquasuicune

I think Prima is the one who made the collectors edition pokedex. Sooooo many errors in that thing. For the kanto/johto pokemon, shadow ball was shadow ball. For the hoenn pokemon, shadow ball had shadow punch's data.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I can give some info on Japanese D/P players guides. The ones I have are a D/P pokedex guide made by Ninteno Dream. (The Japanese eqivalent to Nintendo power) It's a 701 page book and has a complete pokedex with pretty much everything Serebii's pokedex has. It shows all of the gender differances and tells you everything about EVs and EV training.(Yes, An officeal guide explanes EVs. OMG) It has lots of other usefull info too. Probubly alot better than what the US will get.
I also have a 3rd party guide made by WLC. It's pretty much the same as the Nintendo Dream one but has slightly less info.
And last is a normal players guide. (No pokedex in this one) It's made by Nintendo Dream and is probubly close to what the US will get. It has maps, A walkthrough and so on.
Hope that helps.:)

War Raichu

Thunder Master
really makes me miss Versus Games. I don't think any other Pokemon guide gave you information on trainer battles like they did.

Yanick

I don't think it would be that bad to have a Prima guide. They did a hell of a job for the Zelda: Twilight Princess guide, it's perfect. If they do the same for a D/P guide, it would be a great guide

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I'm getting Nintendo and Prima like I did with FR/LG.