• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You would think that May being a coordinator can make all these cool combinations for the kiddies, but the Eevee/Squirtle thing could have been much better.

CyberCubed said:
You would think that May being a coordinator can make all these cool combinations for the kiddies, but the Eevee/Squirtle thing could have been much better.
Then again it was one of those last minute things. Sure she could have used one of her old techniques, but you have to admit, young children can be amused very easily. :p

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
CyberCubed said:

Like this?

potential episode segment said:
Haruka: "Zenigame, Withdraw! Eievui, Shadow Ball!"

[Zenigame goes into its shell, Eievui fires a Shadow Ball into a hole on its shell at point-blank range. Black smoke bursts out from every opening on the shell.]

Chidzuru: "Uh... is it alright?"

Haruka: "Heh heh... of course it is. ^^"

Chidzuru: "It isn't moving... and is that blood dripping out of its shell?"

Haruka: "^^' Oh... well... uh... XD that's just your imagination! Hey, look over there!" [quickly punts the lifeless shell off the screen while the children are distracted]

me: "Best... episode... EVER!!!"

But since that didn't happen... uh... I don't have much to comment on. Nice to see Heigani return to assist in Takeshi no Paradise XD, and I too noticed every one of Satoshi's Pokemon was used in this episode (the same could be said of Haruka, but sadly, Wakashamo couldn't make an appearance -_-). As for the rest of the episode, it was pretty cute (and might I say, Perap seems to really fit its namesake in those bits with Anri), but nothing to write home about.

Last edited:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
LOL you've got a wicked sense of humor Yamato-san. Let's stuff Perap in with Squirtle so we can both die happy. Maybe even Aipom if there's room. Well, it get's rear handed to it next week so that doesn't matter.

Porygandrew

I hate Perap now. I used to like it, now it's just friggin' annoying.

Anyone else think Ash was a punk? I mean at the end Team Rocket was retreating already and they had blasted off earlier, so why kick a dog when it's down and make a cheap, back-handed attack like that to poor dustox?

And actually when that first started, my first thought was, "That stage's too small and the hospital kids are too close for a pokemon battle. It's too dangerous for them to be that close."
Then I remembered I was watching Pokemon and that common sense doesn't apply.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Porygonandrew said:
Anyone else think Ash was a punk? I mean at the end Team Rocket was retreating already and they had blasted off earlier, so why kick a dog when it's down and make a cheap, back-handed attack like that to poor dustox?
Beating up moths in front of little kids makes you feel like a big man!

Oh Yamato-San. Your unbridled hatred of Squirtle never fails to amuse. And many an Ecks Dee was had by all :p

So am I the only one to be slightly disturbed by the fact that the children's hospital had some pretty dire standards?
I mean, think about it. While the nurse was checking up on sickly-little-girl, Random the Perap flutters in through the window. And she seemed to be completely content with this assumedly wild bird prancing around in the same room as a sick child. Now, we all know it belonged to someone, but she didn't. So apparantly in the Pokémon World, it's OK to let wild critters enter a hospital? Pokémon World medical staff roolz!

When all I had to judge this ep by was a preview revealing very few details, it didn't seem like Perap was going to do anything remotely musical. Which, needless to say, would have been a little awkward considering it's got a quaver for a head. So I was pleasently surprised to see it perform that...uhh...rap...thingie.
Bah, but enough of that. The main thing is, in a bizzare twist of fate, I actually found myself smiling at the colorful bird's antics. So it's all good.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Yamato-san said:
Like this?

Haha.

In any case though, the Eevee/Squirtle thing really makes you want to see double appeals during the next Contest arc.

It'll be one of the best ways to keep the appeals fresh and interesting, two Pokemon playing off one another with their attacks. Let's hope the writers realize this.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Gravy said:
Beating up moths in front of little kids makes you feel like a big man!

Kids love violence, Ash was making it entertaining!

And Cybercubed, great idea! So, anyone know if Perap has the same voice actor as the movie one?

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Yeah, it's such a lovely paradox that sick little children at a hospital are amused at watching creatures beat the crap out of eachother.
Though, one must admit that it's the perfect place to fight, eh? Not so far from getting aid and whatnot.

Of course, a Pokémon Center would've been more suitable...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Commentary! Yay!

-Summary of the first seven minutes: Perap's cute, the comedy act DOES sound like a sort of rapping, another boss fantasy, blah blah blah.
-Oh noze! Salesmen!
-HOLY **** THOSE BEANBAG THINGS LAUGH WHEN SQUEEZED THAT'S CREEPY ;;
-Jessie and James cannnot make decent CREEPY BEANBAG THING laugh recordings. No wonder Ash-tachi are freaked out.
-Wakanatwo wants one? NO! DON'T FALL FOR THE TRAP OF A LAUGHTRACK! They're CORNY! D:
-Perap copied the laughing. MAKE THE IT STOP MAKE THE CREEPY LAUGHING STOP.
-Oh noze the beanbags exploded and killed everyone...er, created a smokescreen that allowed TR to get Perap.
-...odd musical cue right there...
-IT CARRIED OVER TO THE MOTTO? ;_;
-The Meowth baloon took off diagonally? Must be the wind or pehaps a blatent defiation of the LAWS OF PHYSICS.
-Perap's adorable even when it's been stolen and doesn't care. "Manene!" "Ma-nene!" "Sou~nansu!" "Sounansu!"
-TR's blasted off and OH GOD THE LAUGHING BEAN BAGS ARE FALLING AND LAUGHING.
-Perap's cute when it talks.
-Perap ran...er, flew...away! OH NOZE!
-Perap's habit of repeating what people are saying even when it's flying away is ADORABLE.
-Perap's random non-Wakanatwo-taught phrases might be a clue as to where it went? No way! 8O
-"Perap" can only be the first word in a sentence so many times before it starts to get repetitive.
-Perap flew into a random kid's room! STALKER BIRD!
-Must be a real quality hospital to let random birds in the room.
-Doctors that treat humans! Gasp!
-They fed it cookies? Chocolate chip cookies?! THE THING'S A COOKIE ADDICT! Or the cookies made it friends with the kids, but I like my explaination better. >:p
-Sick girl with teal hair:pERAP'S GOT AN OWNER? WAH THAT'S NOT FAIR ;; *emos* Other kids:You're a Pokemon comedian? Coooooooooooool. :eek:
-Pokemon show! YAY!
-Clapping ensues. Except for the kids with broken arms. And a random ungrateful brat in the front row stage left and another in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat.
-Sick girl's covered up her face with a blanket! Gasp!
-Music starts. Girl peeks out from under covers.
-La la la la la la nante suteki na, la la la la la la (heiheihei!) moji no (heiheihei!) narabi! Heigani Takeshi no Paradise!
-Max sweatdrops, girl is back under covers. Obvious decisions.
-Symphonic Medley starts! Girl peeks out from covers again! IS THERE A SINGER IN THE HOUSE THAT'S NOT TAKESHI FOR ONCE?
-Ash, Pikachu, and the Horrific Bowties present...a Pikachu running along the top of a rolling Donphan!
-The girl got up! GASHP!
-Pikachu fell off! The kids laugh! Yaaay!
-Max teleports from the girl's windowside to stage and simotaniously aquires a Horrific Bowtie of his own, along with a bowl of Pokemon food and a Gonbe to catch it as he throws it.
-The girl went outside! Max offers her the Pokemon food, not to eat but to throw at Gonbe, which she does.
-TEH GURL LAFFED ZOMG. And by now the ungrateful brat in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat is clapping, thus removing the "ungrateful" label.
-May has a Horrific Bowtie too!
-May does her appeal using two Pokemon, and would have gotten a 8.9 in her appeal if not for the fact that using two Pokemon is not allowed. Oh, and it makes sparklies that amuse the kids and all that.
-The kid in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat looks vaguely like Sabrina. o_O
-More fashion disaster! Wakanatwo has a Slightly Less Horrific Bowtie, Jail Attire Socks, high boots, and a red top hot.
-OH GOD THE BEANBAGS ARE BACK
-Another motto! With proper music this time!
-NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DRESS IN THIS EP. DX AND THE BOWTIES! @_@
-Sounansu has a bowtie too. XD
-Ash-tachi have magically changed out of their horrendous outfits!
-Except for Wakanatwo.
-Kids: ":O"
-Musashi and Meowth hit James with fans! OLD SCHOOL KANTO STYLE FTW! :D
-Polka o Dolka music!
-Cacnea gives James a painful hug. The children LAUGH. Clearly they enjoy seeing others in pain.
-Cacnea falls off the rotating paper umbrella thing and is knocked out. What a pushover!
-Max makes a comment. TR IS NOT AMUSED. Cacnea is staying put with swirly eyes.
-OMG DUSTOX LIVES
-Jukain knocks back Dustox with a Generic Contact Move(since I can't tell waht it actually is. Probably Quick Attack). The kids are impressed. They DO enjoy seeing others in pain! Sadists!
-Jukain gets into *** Kicking Mode Deluxe once the kids start cheering for it. Jukain - It does it for the CHILDREN.
-TR:"Ohshit." Perap:"Huh? What's going on again?"
-Cacnea is sent out to battle again, but...it's still knocked out! Lawl!
-Dustox managed to deflect Jukain's Bullet Seed somewhat? Whoa.
-PERAP IZ FREE. And probably still has no clue what's going on. That bird dun care who it's with!
-But it Pecks Meowth at Wakanatwo's command. And then mimics the "itai nya itai nya!"s Meowth says. XD
-THE KIDS LAUGH ONCE MORE. God they love seeing other beings in pain too much.
-Ahaha TR started to fly away without Dustox. That symbolizes something, and you KNOW it.
-Poor Dustox is Leaf Bladed by Jukain. Despite it currently doing nothing but trying to catch up with the fleeing TR. Jee Ash, trying to entertain the kids even MORE with the pain of LIVING CREATURES?
-Oh, he was just helping it catch up to TR's balloon. Which BLOWS UP once Dustox hits it.
-Yana! Yana! Yana! Yana! YANA KANJI!
-So so so so sooooounansu!
-And the girl gives Wakanatwo a tin of the cookies Perap always liked. SWEET! In the "mmm, cookie" way. Dammit, now I want cookies.
-Moral of this story:pain amuses children.

I'm sorry, but in that episode Perappu's continually repeating things was NOT funny, just plain annoying. Much like Team Rocket.

So? It wasn't the only thing that was meant to be funny, And you probably didn't laugh at the Jokes because you don't understand japanese o_O

CrimsonX

So? It wasn't the only thing that was meant to be funny, And you probably didn't laugh at the Jokes because you don't understand japanese o_O

lol. Perap's repeating things did get on my nerves a little though

chriswilliam92

Heat Trainer
We will most likely get an english name for perap soon because battle frontier has just started to continue in the US so I'm expecting an english name before the episode premiers.

Raikou95

if Perap doesnt have an english name yet,will the name in the english episode just be Perap?

Myzou

if Perap doesnt have an english name yet,will the name in the english episode just be Perap?

The new episodes will probably stop this week, if you notice, they convieniently scheduled it so that Perap would air on monday, in other words, bvefore any shinou pokemon were introduced. Chances are, they wanna at least advertise pearl/diamond first.

EDIT: New Rank! Must get new one, this one has Mr. Mime on it... Eww >.<