• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

YuKingMenoko

Dead Man Walking
Wow Chatot imitating Wobbuffet made my week. and it was good to see Dustox get some airtime. So-so epi pretty funny.

YuKingMenoko

Dead Man Walking
Wow Chatot imitating Wobbuffet made my week. and it was good to see Dustox get some airtime. So-so epi pretty funny.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I'm not fond off the way Chatot was pronounced. I've been saying "CHAT-it" because it sounds more like "parrot" than "Chat-TOT" does. The emphasis on "Tot" annoys me because it implies that Chatot is a baby. I mean, I'm not one to argue with PUSA about their pronounciations (They cleared up the whole Bonsly fiasco, after all), but I think "CHAT-it" rolls a lot better, quite frankly.

Also, Carina's voice annoyed the crap out of me. She sounded like an even more obnoxious Lisa Ortiz.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Am I the only one who thought this ep was nearly as bad as the giant Butterfree ep from early BF?

The only thing I liked about this episode was the Sceptile Vs. Dustox battle at the end. Some of Chatot's lines were funny, but not enough to save the episode.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Am I the only one who thought this ep was nearly as bad as the giant Butterfree ep from early BF?
No, but then again, I never thought the Butterfree episode was all that bad in the first place. I think "Sitting Psyduck", "Aipom and Circumstance", and next week's episode are bigger atrocities, personally.

CabbyFish

It's B and it's W...
Eh.... This was an ok episode. The more they said Chatot's name, the more it sunk in with me. I just think that NOA gave it horrible spelling. Chattot is a little eaiser on the eyes for me.

Quote of the episode: "Cacnea's dizzy without being blonde". It was so stupid it was funny.

Back when this aired in Japan, I was hoping for Ash would catch it . After hearing that awful word mimicing, and I thought Mime Jr. was bad, I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

Yawwwwwwn. 4 out of 10 from me. They could have thought of a better story to debut Chatot in after the new Pokemon drought.

-PANCAKE-

Edit: Speaking of the pokedolls 4kids used to remove (if that is true)... Was Chatot REALLY eating cookies, or were they originally rice balls?

I believe those were cookies in the original.

The episode was pretty good. Chatot was pretty cool imitating everything everyone said just like a real parrot. Ada (if that's spelled right) makes a very good comedian imo. "Pika Pika, use rock throw!" "That's a rock type attack!" LOL! I wonder who did Chatot's voice? It was very well played indeed.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No, but then again, I never thought the Butterfree episode was all that bad in the first place. I think "Sitting Psyduck", "Aipom and Circumstance", and next week's episode are bigger atrocities, personally.

Heh, funnily enough I think those three episodes are much better than this one and the giant Butterfree ep. Go figure.

Preety good, some of the lines were funny, and last battle was alright, at least I don't have to question then name Chatot anymore >.>

ThaKang

BJ a.k.a. Tha Kang
Help!

I need help, I had the idea to stay up all night until it came on, but then my da told me i should try to go to sleep. so i did and my alarm woke me up for aipom and circumstances. so thought maybe i can lay my head down for a second. then woke up and fosters was on. so can somebody please tell me what happened on this episode? it hasn't been updated on serebii.net yet.

peace out cuz cuz

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I'm not fond off the way Chatot was pronounced. I've been saying "CHAT-it" because it sounds more like "parrot" than "Chat-TOT" does. The emphasis on "Tot" annoys me because it implies that Chatot is a baby. I mean, I'm not one to argue with PUSA about their pronounciations (They cleared up the whole Bonsly fiasco, after all), but I think "CHAT-it" rolls a lot better, quite frankly.

Also, Carina's voice annoyed the crap out of me. She sounded like an even more obnoxious Lisa Ortiz.
To be fair, when I announced the name originally, I did say how it was pronounced.

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
I can't believe that silly bird actually did a rap. Fingers pointing, arms crossed and everything...heh! It even did a dookey booty dance and shook it's butt! Thats probably gonna tick some people off who wanted to keep Parrap as it's name insted of Chatit errrr... Chatot.

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
I am getting sick of rap. It's all I hear from my cousins. Hear that rap crap in the episode totally lost me. And is this the second time I see a human hospital in the Pokemon World.

Strangely, I wanted to hear Chatot say it's name. or sqawk.

Medea

Excalibur

No, I'm right behind you.

I wasn't too fond of this episode (either version for that matter). Perap (or Chatot) was VERY annoying (even though it was indeed a cute thing)

The only thing that was kind of cute was the rap and that's all I can really comment on.

Oh and Brock's little song and dance thing kinda sucked.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Will catch this one whenever it reairs

Hikarii

Two i's, not one!
I liked this episode.. ^^; I think Sarah Natochenny has gotten a LOT better doing Ash's voice. Don't know what else to say, except that the "rap" was really close to the original.

By the way, when has Takeshi's Paradise been sung before? I forgot, and I want to know if they kept the lyrics 4kids used for that one. Wait, am I making any sense?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. XD I'll go listen and compare.

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
So, apart from the apparant generic cartoon parrot voice Perap was given for it's speaking role, what voice did it use when it wasn't talking human? Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?

Last edited:

Wendigo

I heart Grimgravy.
I'm trying to see when this episode is coming on. Damn it, I woke up at the wrong time.

So Chatot had the generic parrot voice? They should've had it with a voice like a DYH Amazon Parrot. They sound like Mario Cantone with Tourette's. XD

Legendary Raikou

This was a pretty good episode! Exept I fell asleep like 10 minutes before it was over because I was so tired and I don't even remember falling a sleep haha! But at least ill be able to catch the last 10 minutes of it next Saturday. But overall Chatot was a cool Pokemon!

PANCAKE

I can't smile :|
So, apart from the apparant generic cartoon parrot voice Perap was given for it's speaking role, what voice did it use when it wasn't talking human? Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?

Oh hell. I erased it off my DVR cause I thought it was a dredful episode. To be honest dude, there really never was a time it sat alone without someone talking and it repeating. I think it just kept saying the last thing over and over again till someone else got it goin.

Gah! I was hoping someone would give Chaot a cracker without water to wash it down.