• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy With a Smile (547)

HoennMaster

Cobalt_Latios

Well, I finally got around to seeing this episode, which is highly unusual for me. Meh, maybe I'm just suddenly busy all of a sudden? Anyway, I gotta say, as far as all the battles went in this arc of 5 episodes, these 3 battles were pretty decent. A 20 minute episode consisting of 3 separate battles in which 2 of them are decent, and one of them is very good is pretty impressive. Of course, it's nothing most of us haven't seen from this show already (battle count, not the quality mind you).

The first battle of Dawn vs. Kyle (was that his name? I'll have to check later) was good. Spinning Bide was great, and the use of Dark Pulse from Crawdaunt was good to see too (though, three special moves and only one physical move, despite his physical stat being the highest baffles me. Oh well, it's not uncommon in this show anyways. I'll just leave it be).

Then, May vs. Zoey wasn't half bad either. I actually thought it was rather ingenious that Zoey create a wall of water and used Shock Wave to follow suite. Now, why is it that even though it was super effective it didn't appear to knock down all that many points? Are super effective hits not that "super" anymore? Eh... The rest of the battle was enjoyable enough.

And of course May vs. Dawn. I honestly was amazed at how good the battle ended up being. I was particularly impressed that they used Secret Power's game mechanic to a good extent. Ice Shard was good to see too; I was really expecting much there. Is it just me, or does Glaceon's tail and head flap things seem like ribbons the way they're animated? (Maybe I should just stick to my basics...) Piplup did pretty well too, in fact this might be it's best performance yet. I was surprised to see Glaceon with Mirror Coat. There's one thing that I knew was a factor: Ice types aren't very effective towards Water types, yet in reverse, Water types are neutral towards Ice types.

Dawn won by a hair. It was close. In fact, this might be even closer than the last contest May had in Kanto.

Jessie hogging the camera was hilarious. Both May and Dawn were just, "what??"

Johanna: the mainstream media sure has changed.

Great end to the whole Wallace cup.

~C_L~

jwla

I don't really remember the battle being so repetitive when I saw the episode in Japanese. It was actually kind of boring this time around. It was still good, and I am still happy for Dawn.

Genome

pro-SHARK WEEK
Indeed. I'm surprised May didn't teach Glaceon a good freezing move. Platforms and ice traps over this PEW PEW and dodge/reverse.
I'm not really sure why I am quoting myself but WHOA. How did May not use A SINGLE ICE BEAM (which apparently it did know) in this match? It was sure long enough for some tricks. Could it have forgotten it overnight? Do contests only allow you to register 4 moves(they haven't broken the move limit rule..yet), or is this a claim for future May that she went easy here? Dirty, dirty May.
This is an even sillier annoyance but when Piplup throws the whirlpool I just can't help but think "Goku from DBZ throwing the spirit bomb".
I will now see that every time. NONONONOONONONOOONNON

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ah, it was nice to hear somebody besides Ash recite the episode title. They did that quite a bit in season ten, but it's been a while.

Great end to the Wallace Cup. I loved May and Dawn's battles, and the one they had together. It was surprising that Zoey didn't advance, and that Dawn beat May, but at least it was fun to watch. I'm glad Dawn finally got her second ribbon.

I also thought the part where Jessie gets all fired up was downright scary, especially the way she said that one line (I can't remember it off the top of my head). I did LOL at the part where she said Dawn's stuttering words were "profound". :) That reminded me of those weird reporters in the RSE game, who will say any weird combination of words you say are "profound". Dawn's mother's comment about the media was funny too.

Overall, awesome end to the Wallace Cup. I hope we do see May again in the future.

Ayra

~Master Coordinator~
I wasn't too pleased that Dawn beat May. May's much better, in my opinion, but, I'm glad Dawn got her second Ribbon, but I was even more displeased that she won by luck. I don't think luck has any place in a Contest. But, that's just me. But, May untaught Glaceon Ice Beam. Its four attacks go: Ice Shard, Mirror Coat, Secret Power, and Shadow Ball. Not too smart on her part.

~Ayra~;267;

milenadrg

I am glad Dawn got another win under her belt. She's been needing one for the longest time and anothe rribbon. It'll be handy for her and her quest. Besides, there's al ot of time before the Grand Festival. Who's to say Piplup will remain Piplup? A lot of us thought May's Torchic would remain Torchic, but she ended up evolving into Combusken.

Bryon

How do you know Blaziken iz SHE?

uber gon

Accept Change
So the guy's name is Kite? Great, now we have Dot.Hack in the series.:D

What's next? Balmung, Orca, Cubia?:p

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
This was a great battle, but i'm surprised that Dawn managed to beat May.

At least we got to see her Glaceon which was nice, and it was a really strong battler.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm sure 100% that if Glaceon was using his Ice Beam on Piplup's whirlpull every time, he was winning.

Torpoleon

I'm sure 100% that if Glaceon was using his Ice Beam on Piplup's whirlpull every time, he was winning.
Hmm. I don't remember it using Ice Beam. I think it was Ice Shard it used that time. I know it has Ice Shard.

HoennMaster

IT IT IT. We don't know their genders. And you can't win by just using one attack. Not to mention that Glaceon is still a NEW addition to May's team overall. Plus, who would want to watch a stupid battle with just Ice Beam.

Torpoleon

he has also ice beam and if he was using it he was winning.
I wouldn't call Glaceon winning for using Ice Beam. Also, like HoennMaster said, we don't know the genders so don't say a specific gender unless you have proof that the gender was revealed. Can you maybe show me a pic of Glaceon using Ice Beam in this episode?