• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy With a Smile (547)

pokemaster95

King of pirates
What Crawdawnt used dark pulse ? I hope ash sees it and wants to teach it to Gligar...sry about that.
I glad Dawn won now we just need to go through atleast 3 more contest.

YukiJadenSurvives

Ugggh. When Poochama was hit with the first Mirror Coat, points were not taken off. Buuuull.

CoolTrainerTerry

Rising Trainer
Power is not everything. Strategy is just as important. The way Dawn used her attacks to block and all was an excellent strategy on her part. May had good strategy, but it just wasn't good enough. Yes, Glaceon was powerful, but so was Piplup. Dawn barely won, anyway. The battle was great for both parties, so just get over it people.

Ragnarofl

Binkan Binkan Binkan
While I like the fact that Dawn made her comeback with a bang and that her last wins fill some people with overactive rage, got to admit that with Glaceon, May gave Dawn a chance. It's May's least experienced pokemon and had she used any other, like Venusaur, Beautifly or Blaziken, the match easily would be hers. Dawn using Piplup is totally logical- of course she would have to use her powerhouse against May.

uber gon

Accept Change

Milkyway

Iiii don't get why folks are all "boooo Dawn" over this. -Personally- I felt like May should have won, but it makes sense that Dawn got the ribbon.

-Despite her love of contests, Dawn's an awesome battler,and personally I think Pochama's the "Pikachu" of its breed. Sure it's overpowered, but give it a break. It's the heroin's mon.
-The battle itself was awesome (though rushed) and Pochama and Glaceon got in an almost even number of attacks each.
-IIRC, aren't ice attacks ineffective against water types? Maybe that's why Pochama could keep going after so many Ice Shards hit it.
-She's been on a HORRIBLE losing streak and I'm glad the writers decided to throw her a bone
-Did you guys see scoreboard? She barely won, I couldn't even see a difference in points. So it's not like it was a complete DEM victory.

Overall I'm happy with it. Sucks that May had to lose, but the writers had to get Dawn back on track somehow.

Also, what was that attack Glaceon used? The pretty pink sparkle attack?

King Charizard

It was a great battle. Fans will complain becuase May could have owned Dawn with Venusaur.

dman_dustin

Also, what was that attack Glaceon used? The pretty pink sparkle attack?

I think it was secret power or something like that (not sure if Secret Power has any special effects as it did to Piplup).

I also don't see the problem with Dawn winning. Just because she barely beat May doesn't mean Dawn is automatically the best. In fact it was so close May could have won had she used more appealing moves.

Also May barely beat Zoey and Dawn barely beat Kaito and Dawn barely beat May, Just because Dawn won doesn't mean she's going to beat Zoey the next time they battle or May for that matter.

I just hope the writers don't make Dawn cocky about her win. I don't mind if she get teary eyed everytime she looks at the Aqua ribbon, but I hope it doesn't go over her head.

Durivan

Ugggh. When Poochama was hit with the first Mirror Coat, points were not taken off. Buuuull.

As if the points accounting in contests, including the ones that May won, have ever made complete sense. The writers basically decide who wins, write a interesting battle, then make the points give that result. In some of May's Hoenn/GF battles the points accounting was completely horrid.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
This was a much more believable battle than any of Skitty's (and I'm a fan of Skitty) or the infamous Squirtle vs. Ariados battle.

What made it believable for me was that Dawn barely won. It gives her more to work on IMO. Piplup didn't abuse Bide which I know a lot of people worried about.

I'm glad Dawn finally won. I'm not upset she used Piplup because she used her whole team throughout. Ambipom got some good appealing. Buneary wasted a freaking Wailmer which was cool. Pachirisu beat something...Pelipper? If I had to complain, maybe I'd wish Ambipom faced Crawdaunt, so that her whole team got to battle.

RegalStar

As if the points accounting in contests, including the ones that May won, have ever made complete sense. The writers basically decide who wins, write a interesting battle, then make the points give that result. In some of May's Hoenn/GF battles the points accounting was completely horrid.

Well, how else do you write a story then? Do you basically never plan ahead for anything and just keep writing and hope something tangible come of it? Thought not. Of course the writers have to decide on who wins before they write the battle.

The purple tackle Glaceon used is definitely Secret Power. Out of the three new moves that got added to bulbapedia's page, Ice Shard is kinda easily identified, and Mirror Coat doesn't involve a tackle last time I checked.

I think the battle was really rushed, but it's still pretty good regardless. They really shouldn't have tried to cram three battles in one episode, particularly if they're going to go for close matches. But hey, the battle was really good and if I didn't know that Dawn was going to win the Ribbon, it would've definitely kept me glued to my seat. Though, the final move kind sucked, as I was kinda expecting Piplup to use something dramatic and at least end with a clean hit (since it was at a disadvantage before the last hit I think). Oh well, Glaceon's Mirror Coat not looking smooth is as good a reason for a comeback as any, I guess.

YukiJadenSurvives

Like when she battled Takeshi. HE got hit like once and lost all his points, she got hit and fell like six times and lost like 1/2.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Piplup Vs. Crawdaunt is the battle people should be complaining about in this ep if anything, not the final battle. That battle wasn't very good.

Anonymous Trainer

<-----Facewall
Piplup Vs. Crawdaunt is the battle people should be complaining about in this ep if anything, not the final battle. That battle wasn't very good.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that, I was just afraid to bring it up. We already still have people making a big deal out of the last battle. >_>

uber gon

Accept Change
This was a much more believable battle than any of Skitty's (and I'm a fan of Skitty) or the infamous Squirtle vs. Ariados battle.

What made it believable for me was that Dawn barely won. It gives her more to work on IMO. Piplup didn't abuse Bide which I know a lot of people worried about.

I'm glad Dawn finally won. I'm not upset she used Piplup because she used her whole team throughout. Ambipom got some good appealing. Buneary wasted a freaking Wailmer which was cool. Pachirisu beat something...Pelipper? If I had to complain, maybe I'd wish Ambipom faced Crawdaunt, so that her whole team got to battle.

Meh, I found the appeals and battles as ways to compensate for their previous failures. Like Buneary's fight with Wailmer compensated its defeat against Medicham, Pachirisu's fight with Pelipper compensated its failure against Ambipom, and Ambipom's appeal show that it has developed also.