• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy With a Smile (547)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was an interesting battle and one of my favorites. The points did almost look even at first, Dawn won by a very small percent.

So, I just had a derpy moment. I was re-watching this episode just now because I was bored, right? Well, Kyle started talking and I was like, "THAT SOUNDS JUST LIKE BARRY!" I had never realized when I watched it the first time years ago. I went to Bulbapedia and sure enough, Barry and Kyle have the same VA. It gets even more weird. Then I saw he also voices Trip >.> *MY MIND=BLOWN!*

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I chuckled when Marian stated Glameow looked beautiful with the Shock Wave afterglow. I thought it looked terrifying.

I knew from the beginning it would come down to May and Dawn, the two heroines, and that Dawn would be victorious. The difference in points was nonexistent, though! Copout, imo.

LizardonX

Banned
You know there's a better way to have handled Dawn winning, in true homage to May's incredibly cheap contest wins they should have had it be Piplup vs Venusaur for the finals, have Piplup master Ice beam in the middle of no where and suprise KO Venusaur with like 1 second left on the clock. Give May a taste of her own medicine.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You know there's a better way to have handled Dawn winning, in true homage to May's incredibly cheap contest wins they should have had it be Piplup vs Venusaur for the finals, have Piplup master Ice beam in the middle of no where and suprise KO Venusaur with like 1 second left on the clock. Give May a taste of her own medicine.

Yeah, I am sure that would have caused more complaining.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This episode is one of my favorites. We get to see 2 of the best coordinators and female leads battle for a contest win and it ends up with Dawn beating May at the end. I'm also glad that Dawn won because she really needed this win and May didn't really need a win as bad as Dawn. 10/10

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I'd have cackled if that had happened here, although I thought Dawn's win against May was convoluted enough without it needing parallels to May's wins as well.

I guess it's been a while since I last saw this episode, since I couldn't remember who won this contest right from the start.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
May vs Zoey was great and I was just glad to see May battle with her Beautifly again hee hee. May vs Dawn was good as well, tho I thought that Dawn winning with Piplup seemed questionable. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Great end to the Wallace Cup. I loved May's and Dawn's battles. It was surprising that Zoey didn't advance and that Dawn beat May, but at least it was fun to watch. I'm glad Dawn finally got her second ribbon.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Dawn vs. Kyle was rushed and therefore quite messed up. I know, I know, some of you might object now that this was just a not so important filler-battle et cetera, but just shortening the battle wasn't an appropriate solution either.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Since this was May's final appearance, I thought she deserved to win.

Well I wouldn't have minded if May had won cuz I personally felt that she was a tad stronger than Dawn at this point in the anime, but I don't think her leaving here should've been a factor in that. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I feel like May's team at the Wallace Cup was technically stronger than Dawn's, but that Dawn simply had better Contest strategies overall, which allowed her to win.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I appreciated how Kaito's Shizariger escaped Pochama's Whirlpool using Surf, and even though he lost to Hikari, I thought he was more impressive than she was. Nozomi's Nyarmar versus Haruka's Agehunt was lovely, mostly due to Haruka proving how far she had progressed so far. Hikari versus Haruka was bizarre, though. I don't think Pochama deserved the victory.

Vulpicks

I don't get it, it seems like May completely controlled the match and outplayed Dawn... I like May and Dawn both but their points being even wasn't believable with how the battle was portrayed.

Also the whirlpool spam is starting to get annoying.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't get it, it seems like May completely controlled the match and outplayed Dawn... I like May and Dawn both but their points being even wasn't believable with how the battle was portrayed.

Haruka definitely had control of the flow of battle when she fought Hikari, and sadly I feel like Hikari's win seemed forced as a way of redeeming her losses at the Yosuga and Zui Contests.