• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy With a Smile (547)

Daizy

I call you honey
Wow May's Glaceon ruined the DP saga's rule of sticking to the four move limit since Glaceon used five moves in the Wallace Cup's final battle, plus Ice Beam from the restaurant episode.

After rewatching AG, I'm happy that Dawn defeated May. God, "the princess of Hoenn" Got a ton of help from the writers in the contests
I HAVE TO REAFFIRM THIS AGAIN.

I JUST SEEN THE BIGGEST ROBBERY IN KANTO (SQUIRTLE VS ARIADOS) , HOLY PIZZA, IT'S OFFICIAL, I DON'T LIKE MAY AND I HATE THAT DAMN UGLY BLUE TURTLE

RafaSceptile

I HAVE TO REAFFIRM THIS AGAIN.

I JUST SEEN THE BIGGEST ROBBERY IN KANTO (SQUIRTLE VS ARIADOS) , HOLY PIZZA, IT'S OFFICIAL, I DON'T LIKE MAY AND I HATE THAT DAMN UGLY BLUE TURTLE
Pizza?
Also I'm glad that Dawn won, but I still think May had a bit better development regardless of the controversial contests, which reminds me of the controvertial Ash's Kanto Gym Battles

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Ahhhhhhh I love both Dawn and May so much

Perfect end to the arc. You could tell May throughout all her battles this episode had matured and became more confident in her own style while still adapting; her skill was undeniable. And you could see the contrast in Dawn’s own style with all the ways she took advantage of moves and combinations. I also like how these wins were won by a narrow margin, May had to put up a fight and push Dawn to her limit considering all her experience. I was so happy for Dawn this ep regardless, she really deserved it. Throughout the whole Cup she was really in her element, it’s the right comeback win for her.

Ngl I teared up a bit when May left waving. She’s been on that boat for 14 years bring her back!! But with that being said the ep ended off on a really bittersweet note. Looking back on May saying her goodbyes it feels very final; this was the best sendoff she could’ve had.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ahhhhhhh I love both Dawn and May so much

Perfect end to the arc. You could tell May throughout all her battles this episode had matured and became more confident in her own style while still adapting; her skill was undeniable. And you could see the contrast in Dawn’s own style with all the ways she took advantage of moves and combinations. I also like how these wins were won by a narrow margin, May had to put up a fight and push Dawn to her limit considering all her experience. I was so happy for Dawn this ep regardless, she really deserved it. Throughout the whole Cup she was really in her element, it’s the right comeback win for her.

Ngl I teared up a bit when May left waving. She’s been on that boat for 14 years bring her back!! But with that being said the ep ended off on a really bittersweet note. Looking back on May saying her goodbyes it feels very final; this was the best sendoff she could’ve had.
DP really did to May what JN did to me for Serena tbh
A character I thought had potential and was good but handled badly in their series, being brought back and written so damn well with a glowup while inspiring the current pokegirls in impactful ways

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
A character I thought had potential and was good but handled badly in their series, being brought back and written so damn well with a glowup while inspiring the current pokegirls in impactful ways
I loved May back in AG and thought she was handled well for the most part, but I agree that there were some unsatisfying writing choices made anyway. I feel that way about Serena too, I generally liked her character but I didn’t agree with some of the things done back in XY. Both their returns really showed what good characters they are regardless, in the ways you said. Made me like them even more

How was Serena badly handled in her series besides showcases being dumb? Don’t say it’s because of Amour reasons -_-Her development was amazing and personally the line “you are my goal/you’re the person I want to be” line is accurate to her character.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
How was Serena badly handled in her series besides showcases being dumb? Don’t say it’s because of Amour reasons -_-Her development was amazing and personally the line “you are my goal/you’re the person I want to be” line is accurate to her character.
She was neglected for almost a full year at the beginning of the series where even a gym leader not even part of the main cast got a 5 episode arc before she got any significant focus.

however although the return was great, still the problems with Serena in XY are still there

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
No its not because of 'amour reasons' but the you're my goal scene does indeed make me gag and her farewell in XY is indeed something that left a sour taste, and no not because she kissed Ash which was a great moment, but because of her dumbass dialouge

Anyway, yeah showcases were bad af. The thing is I still do think Serena was handled better in XY than May was in AG, but I just feel a lot of wasted potential/mishandling with her. Her taking a year to find her goal isnt something bad perse but it was really handled not well as she faded more into the background before her focus episodes, and showcases again was such a bad compromise for me. Her character and personality were still great, but I feel her personality became a bit too monotone in between, esp with the sass she had in the beginning. Then her goal handling was not at all good for me, all culminating in the Master Class.

JN for me properly put the much needed focus back on Serena with proper growth, development and a full circle journey of maturity and wisdom. It was nice to see and made me love her all over again because it felt her full potential realised without sacrificing any aspect of her
however although the return was great, still the problems with Serena in XY are still there
Not really. Showcases cannot be fixed at this point nor can her handling in the first year so its a moot point. Her return really expanded on the potential her XY ending had, giving smiles through people through her performances by participating in Hoenn contest lives and becoming an idol, her growing up and maturity put on display as SHE became the Aria of her time to some other rookie

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
It never bothered that May lost, all the episodes leading up to this battle showcased that she grew as a trainer while traveling alone, winning was not necessary to prove that. Besides, it was a very close battle, it’s not like she got stomped by Dawn. Had she nailed one more move she could’ve won.

My favorite part of this episode was May beating Zoey as a way to showcase that she was a serious contender and a challenge for Dawn.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
The saddest part about this episode is that this eventually ended up bein may's last ever live appearance ever, she was there in journeys and BW as well but not in speaking role. legend has it 15 years later she is still riding that boat trying to reach johto region.