• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strategy With a Smile (547)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Decisive Match! Dawn VS May!

Finishing her battle against Kite, Dawn moves onto the next round. Her opponent will be either May or Zoey depending on the battle outcome. It ends up being Dawn VS May in the finals. Who will win and receive the Wallace Cup Ribbon?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Lionel_B

I'm angry, because winner is Dawn and I hate her !

Judgement

Let me be the first to say how much I dislike the new opening.
Seriously, i'd rather have the old one, this one was kind of, well, terrible.

Also, rushed episode was rushed.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I am not a happy panda. May should have won that. I didn't realise that it is an official GF-elligible ribbon though. I am actually angry about this- especially since Piplup was used.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I am not a happy panda. May should have won that. I didn't realise that it is an official GF-elligible ribbon though. I am actually angry about this- especially since Piplup was used.

Look people, if you are gonna be mad, then blame the writers for making the contest official and having the scenario where Dawn beat May happen instead of blaming Dawn herself.

Both girls had reasons to win the thing and Dawn obviously got it to make up for her recent losses, just deal with that and move on already.

Thriller

Its almost time
Guess the new opening isn't something spectacular.

I hope Dawn didn't win by using DEMplup (which isn't the same as Piplup). If she keeps using that method, she will end up losing the GF big time. If only that fatass didn't have a Prinplup.

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
I am glad Dawn got another win under her belt. She's been needing one for the longest time and anothe rribbon. It'll be handy for her and her quest. Besides, there's al ot of time before the Grand Festival. Who's to say Piplup will remain Piplup? A lot of us thought May's Torchic would remain Torchic, but she ended up evolving into Combusken.

Bryon

Kabuto

little punks!
Wow, this show is just written so poorly....

Examples:

"Aim for the horn"- Yeah, we all remember this....

Satoshi vs Shigeru- This battle calls fake. Heracross withstood the Fire Blast AND Flamethrower, and flapped the fire away with those tiny wings?
Not to mention Charizard beating Blastoise after taking a Hydro Pump. And lifting it up when Blastoise is clearly heavier.

Pikachu vs Regice- This was just bad. Regice used REST and Volt Tackle OHKOed it

This is the same Pikachu that lost to a Magikarp afterward.

And now this. A first stage whiny starter beating an experienced Glaceon. Please. First off, if Haruka used Venusaur (which she shouldn't even have), she would have won. But tell me how that stupid little penguin beat Glaceon.

I'll tell you, the show is fake. There could at least be some degree of realism to the show (like you know, actually following Pokemon knowledge), but instead, we get these crappy battles. It never ends. Next in line, Pikachu beats Torterra

I don't even watch it and it ticks me off.

Last edited:
Wow, this show is just written so poorly....

And now this. A first stage whiny starter beating an experienced Glaceon. Please. First off, if Haruka used Venusaur (which she shouldn't even have), she would have won. But tell me how that stupid little penguin beat Glaceon.

The problem is that Whirpool is so ridicolously overpowered in the anime (read: too big). It almost always hits, and Piplup can use it as a shield to any attack.

Not to mention giving Whirlpool to a pokemon who already knows the other overpowered move a'la BIDE.

Piplup is fake.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think you guys should stop complaining until you actually watched the battle.

I heard Dawn only barely scraps a victory by points and she barely wins, so its not like Glaceon didn't put up a great fight. May also gets to beat Zoey at least, so that is fun.

On another note, in DP76 everyone complained May's chest was reduced, yet in this episode it was huge again. Holy crap, how does she do it?

Kabuto

little punks!

I heard Dawn only barely scraps a victory by points and she barely wins, so its not like Glaceon didn't put up a great fight. May also gets to beat Zoey at least, so that is fun.

Who really cares at this point

On another note, in DP76 everyone complained May's chest was reduced, yet in this episode it was huge again. Holy crap, how does she do it?

That's why there are no complaints on your end.

^Cyber I based my conclusion upon earlier episodes and of the preview (where we can see Piplup using Whirlpool as a shield against Ice shard).

Oh and May's probably on steroids, regarding that chest ^^

Bryon

Moveset Comp Judge
CyberCubed, that is the single most smartest thing anyone has said about anything so far regarding this episode! O_O

And I agree! With all of the stuff the writers have been doing in the anime, they've been trying to give a sense of realism to the Pokémon world while also trying to capture the strategy the games require. That's all.

It's all about trying to make some realism. Which I don't see as a problem personally.

I personally can't wait to see this episode. May vs. Zoey then vs. Dawn oughta be intense.

Bryon

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Aaaaaand...the fallout begins. Keep killing each other over this, people. It'll help reduce the scrub population.
Guess the new opening isn't something spectacular.
As someone who was never a fan of Together in the first place, I can say that the music used is slightly less obnoxious. Doesn't change the fact that it's still practically the same song, though.

Be back with FAIR, BALANCED, AND UNBIASED thoughts on the episode later.

uber gon

Accept Change

Easy, she stocked up on her secret stash of Rare Candies and stuffed it in her shirt.:)

Anyway, I'm sure the battle was alright, although I'd LOVE to see Dawn with a Prinplup.

aipom1234

Master Coordinator
Any pics from this terrible new opening?? I am so glad Dawn won, she desesrved this after a long time of losses. I was a bit dissapointed that it was only 1 on 1 and not 4 on 4.

Judgement

Any pics from this terrible new opening?? I am so glad Dawn won, she desesrved this after a long time of losses. I was a bit dissapointed that it was only 1 on 1 and not 4 on 4.

The opening animation didn't change, there's no need for pics.

Aura Guardian88

Of course it was 1 vs 1, that's how the contests always are. I know that Dawn needed a win, I just wish that it didn't involve her beating someone with far more exp and skill, unless May went easy on her. After all, look at how long it took May to finally beat Drew.