• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Straw Hat Kid's rmt [ Experts Only ]

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
i think destiny bond works better with focus sash so u know when 2 use it cos if u hang on with 1hp you'll die next turn and with enough speed you can pull off a guranteed kill

Dawn-Wifi

Annoyer God
I would put Donnie like this

Donphan@Leftovers**White Beard
Adamant - 252 HP / 16 Atk / 192 Def / 48 Spd , OR you could also put the Atk on Spd:
252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
yeah donna kebab should be with that moveset but i do it this way

Donphan@leftovers
impish

EV 252 def 252 hp 6 hp

ice shard
stealth rock
earthquake
rapid spin

Alzi

Toon link
I'm stuck now between the ev's now >.> fighting master why admant on donphan i need to clear some things up and thanks for the suggestion guys.

But Breloom can counter gross, spore+sub+focus punch. Substitute lets me get a spore in on the next foe.
how does Breloom counter Metagross if it is faster than breloom and Breloom cannot swap into it without being killed or something previous being killed?

And Impish 252 Def is an overkill in my opinion, and with it's nice attack, using Adamant gets it to around 320 Atk, while still having over 330 Defence.

Alzi

Toon link
how does Breloom counter Metagross if it is faster than breloom and Breloom cannot swap into it without being killed or something previous being killed?

And Impish 252 Def is an overkill in my opinion, and with it's nice attack, using Adamant gets it to around 320 Atk, while still having over 330 Defence.

I mean once my pokemon died then i send out breloom then spore.

I think i should go with admant since i already got skarm as a pysical wall and 330 defence is plently, What do you think on the life orb gengar set?

I mean once my pokemon died then i send out breloom then spore.
That isn't a counter.
I think i should go with admant since i already got skarm as a pysical wall and 330 defence is plently, What do you think on the life orb gengar set?
Hypnosis / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball / Focus Punch or Energy Ball
Timid or Hasty.

Alzi

Toon link
Ok so a counter is somthing that can switch into somthing else such as blissey switching into a hydro pump.

Can i go with focus blast instead of focus punch?

otherside

Some guy
If you use Focus Punch then Hasty is probably preferable.

Focus Punch is generally better than Focus Blast because of accuracy and the fact that it hits Blissey far harder due to the fact that its physical.

I still prefer Explosion though. Fun to use.

Alzi

Toon link
If you use Focus Punch then Hasty is probably preferable.

Focus Punch is generally better than Focus Blast because of accuracy and the fact that it hits Blissey far harder due to the fact that its physical.

I still prefer Explosion though. Fun to use.

x_X I am confused ok my gengar set will be like this:

Gengar@Life Orb
Timid 252 sp.atk, 252 spd / 6hp
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

-OR-

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid
-Counter
-Hypnosis
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball

^ Could that work well on countering gar or metagross.

And fighting master isn't breloom faster then metagross if breloom has a Jolly nature with 252 spd / atk 6hp ?? Or do you mean after one agility?

Last edited:

otherside

Some guy
Both Metagross and Breloom are base 70 speed.

Metagross generally runs Adamant with 8 speed EVs so you might want to run 12 (assuming a 31 in speed) to outspeed an opposing one.

Standard agiligross runs 104 speed EVs but if it gets off an Agility you won't be able to outspeed it anyways.

Alzi

Toon link
Both Metagross and Breloom are base 70 speed.

Metagross generally runs Adamant with 8 speed EVs so you might want to run 12 (assuming a 31 in speed) to outspeed an opposing one.

Standard agiligross runs 104 speed EVs but if it gets off an Agility you won't be able to outspeed it anyways.

Well all my pokemon are going to have 31 IV in the stat that they need it so a timid gengar that i'm breeding for now will have 31 IV in hp, sp.atk and speed ofcourse it does take some time.

Should i run jolly or adamant on breloom since breloom still hits hard with a jolly nature and i want to know all the main pokemon breloom can outspeed with a jolly 252 spd.

And i just relised somthing stealth rock + spikes can give gar troubles from switching in an out on me?

Last edited:

Alzi

Toon link
Bump.. i need help like right now.

Stealth rock can help me with my gar problems and i don't know if breloom should have an adamant or jolly nature??

And i might go with this gengar and make it my lead, it will hurt weavile and i could destiny bond or use hypnosis if i'm feeling lucky on the next pokemon.

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid
-Counter
-Hypnosis
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball

What do you guys think??

otherside

Some guy
How does SR help with Garchomp problems?, it does 6.25% to it.

I still think Breloom should be Adamant and if you're scared of being outsped by Meta then invest a few Speed EVs.

I still prefer Explosion over Destiny bond on a Gengar like that but it's up to you. An attacking move other than Shadow Ball would probably be good. Perhaps Thunderbolt to hit Gyarados, a common Taunter?

Alzi

Toon link
How does SR help with Garchomp problems?, it does 6.25% to it.

I still think Breloom should be Adamant and if you're scared of being outsped by Meta then invest a few Speed EVs.

I still prefer Explosion over Destiny bond on a Gengar like that but it's up to you. An attacking move other than Shadow Ball would probably be good. Perhaps Thunderbolt to hit Gyarados, a common Taunter?

Lol sorry i ment gyarados when i said gar. Does breloom still hit hard with a jolly nature and remeber it's going to have an IV of 31 in hp / atk and speed i do my breeding well :). Well i put shadow ball there for stab i might go with thunderbolt to suprise my oppenent.

otherside

Some guy
Tbolt wouldn't be so bad. It hits everything except Ground, and most other things for at least neutral damage. And not many grounds are faster than Gengar, so they won't be able to outspeed you when you use Destiny Bond (watch out for Ice Shard Donphan) unless they have a Scarf, in which case you won't be able to hit them with TBolt anyway.

Alzi

Toon link
Yeah i'll go with t-bolt it's good for things like skarm aswell but i'm still stuck on adamant or jolly on breloom and i might go with the standard 252 hp / def 6 atk on donphan.

Caesar

F.E.A.R the rat
well i aint no expert but with ur gengar have u considered using him as a special sweeper?
Gengar @ Choice specs/ scarf
Timid/ Modest
-T bolt/ Pyshic
-Focus Blast
-Sludge Bomb
-Shadow Ball

Basic sweeper. u can go with pyshic to bait out guts pokes with a status from another poke then destroy them with gengar who is imune to fighting and norm attacks and megahorn. (Heracross, Machamp, Swellow). or u could just go with t bolt cause u dont actuly have any status attacks. shadow ball for stab power. sludge bomb for even more stab power and poison! and focus blast to hit any steels (Not as importent if u've got t bolt but still good) scarf if u go modest, specs if u go timid.

You fail sir as you cannot spell British. Enjoy your retardations.

Gengar@Focus Sash
Timid
-Counter
-Hypnosis
-Destiny Bond
-Shadow Ball
That set is awful, seeing as if it isn't your lead, and Swampert/ANYTHING with Stealth Rock gets it down before you can use Counter --> Destiny Bond, you're whole idea is destroyed.
And almost 90% of teams have Stealth Rock on them.

You're better off using;

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 96 Atk / 196 Spd / 216 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Focus Punch
- Hypnosis
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

The EV's ensure a guaranteed 2HKO on Blissey, doing 57%-68%.
247 Stat.
455 SAtk to boast, as well as 335 Speed.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
dude seriously its called internet slang or watever, it doesnt mean hes ignorant or a D avg student.....its not like u go around speaking perfect english anyway......

- Well Focus Blast NO for sure it has terrible accuracy. I really like the Lawl from an Energy Ball Gengar especially for Swamperts and and Rhyperiors, predict an EQ from them then switch him in, dodge it and most people wont know better and will be expecting a standard moveset, so OHKO there. it get rids of that Swampert problem u were asking about earlier? if no then yea Focus Punch. AS for Nature, i say Timid so u can at least put up SOME fight to a Starmie, u dont need 130 base sp. atk + Life Orb + Modest?

- Adamant on Donphan so u can get a lil closer to KO dragons easier if u choose Ice Shard, plus u got Skarm for Defense and its mostly attacked based w/ that moveset

also this is probably one of THE MOST OU teams out there......in case u havent noticed......

>_>

Last edited: