• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Straw Hat Kid's rmt [ Experts Only ]

Alzi

Toon link
tcgteambanner2zr8.png

TCG banner was by me do not steal it.Ok this is my finished team now with a threat list once i get advice from every one i'm going to start training to up and i need help on EV's espially..

Gengar@Focus Sash**Spooky!
Timid 252 sp.atk / 252 spd / 4hp
-Destiny Bond
-Counter
-Thunder Bolt
-Hypnosis

This is my new lead gets rid of things like Weavile and LOL at the other 2 pokemon the foe sends at me.

Salamence@Choice Specs**Salamander
Modest 252sp.atk/ 252spd/ 6hp
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Hydro Pump

Draco meteor to do big damage and hyrdro pump for things like heatren.

Breloom@Toxic Orb**Shanks
Jolly 252atk/ 252spd/ 6hp
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

My spore+sub+Puncher. I love this guy he is my favourite, I might replace seed bomb for thunder punch / Stone Edge not to sure Jolly to try and outspeed as many things as possible.

Donphan@Leftovers**White Beard
Adamant 252 hp / 16 atk / 192 def / 48 spd
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake

My stealth rocker and rapid spinner not too sure on ev's, ice shard for specsmence if it thinks it's so smart.I'm still stuck if i should give it a impish nature with 252 hp / 252 def 6atk or the set fighting master suggested.

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold 252hp/ 252def/ 6sp.def
-Ice Beam
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy

My special wall and helps my team from status with Aromatherapy.

Skamory@Leftovers**Metal Phenix
Impish 252 hp / 252 def / 6spd
-Spikes
-Roost
-WhirlWind
-Drill Peck

Basically my spiker and pysical wall.

Threat List

Dragonite- Skamory, Salamence, Blissey, Donphan
Garchomp- Skamory, Blissey, Donphan, Salamence
Salamence- Skamory, Blissey, Donphan, Salamence
Weavile- Skamory, Blissey, Gengar
Dusknoir- Salamence, Gengar
Blissey- Breloom
Breloom- Donphan, Skamory
Heracross- Donphan, Skamory
Snorlax- Breloom
Weezing- Breloom, Blissey, Salamence
Gengar- ?
Donpahn- Salamence, Donphan
Tyranitar- Salamence, Skamory, Donphan, Breloom
Skamory- Skamory, Breloom, Donphan, Gengar
Gyrados- Gengar
Jolteon- Donphan
Vaporeon- Breloom, Blissey, Gengar
Metagross- Skamory, Blissey, Donphan, Gengar
Gliscor- Skamory, Donphan
Togekiss- Gengar, Blissey, Donphan
Infernape- ?
Swampert- Breloom
Aerydactol- Salamence, Donphan
Bronzong- Skamory, Blissey, Salamence
Staraptor- Skarmory, Donphan
Luxray- Donphan
Alakazam- ?
Roserade- Blissey, Salamence, Donphan
Machamp- Breloom, Skamory, Salamence
Hippowdon- Salamence, Breloom, Donphan
Starmie- Gengar, Blissey
Electrive- Donphan ?

my pokemon at the top have symbols and the symbols are next to the things they can counter.

Hope you can rate my team and the main thing i want is what good ev spread's i should give them or other moveset's and what pokemon i'm weak too. I will also bold comments from other people.

-Alzi-

Last edited:

otherside

Some guy
I don't consider myself an expert but I'll give this a shot.

Salamence:
If you want it to be your starter, give it CScarf. Weavile will OHKO you with Ice Punch without any form of Attack boost (and with neutral nature). Other common starters will easily outspeed you and OHKO you with some sort of Ice move as well (CB Aerodactyl with Ice Fang, Jolteon with HP Ice).

Otherwise, the set is pretty standard which is fine. Running a Mixmence wouldn't be so bad though, because it'll take care of Blissey who often switches into Mence without even checking what type it is (DD/CB/CS).

Breloom:
Just so you know, TPunch + Poison Heal is illegal. You'll have to play with Stone Edge (which is probably better because FPunch + Seed Bomb leaves you walled by alot).
Adamant is also a better nature because a +speed nature Breloom won't let you outspeed much because 70 Base speed is nothing to boast about. But 130 base Attack is, so you're far better off boosting that.

Donphan:
Ice Shard does a minimum of 50% of Mence running 0/0 just so you know, so keeping Donphan in on a Mence isn't a great idea unless you hit it on the switchin because it'll OHKO you back with a Draco Meteor.
But it's a fine, standard set.

Blissey:
Extremely standard. Fine.

Skarm:
Extremely standard. Fine.
Standard EV spread is 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def.

Gengar:
Tbolt for Gar?
I prefer running a Hasty/Naive set and running Explosion as well to take care of Blissey, which often completely walls Gar. It's alright I guess.

Threatlist:
Gengar can't counter a Gengar. It's too fragile to. And if you switch in on an opposing Shadow Ball, yours is gone. Sash might save you but if they have a better Speed IV, you're still gone.
Gengar also can't counter Alakazam. It's faster and with a STAB Psychic, Gengar is gone.
Salamence doesn't counter Jolteon (OHKOed by HP Ice and outsped), and Donphan will take a big hit from HP Ice as well.
The problem with Gyarados is that he can set up really easily on Donphan which can't really threaten it. So it'll get a free DD on it, and be able to dent your team/another poke.

I think a Physical Infernape can outspeed and OHKO everything on this team if it can get off a Swords Dance (verses Blissey), except for Donphan. Might want to be wary of that.
Otherwise it's quite good (sort of too OU though).

xgina

Banned
I think a Physical Infernape can outspeed and OHKO everything on this team if it can get off a Swords Dance (verses Blissey), except for Donphan. Might want to be wary of that.
Otherwise it's quite good (sort of too OU though).

you're right about this

Max Attack Infernape with a Swords Dance uses Stone Edge on Salamence:118-140% with Intimidate factored in, isn't OHKO'd by anything else

breloom obviously dies to flare drive

blissey obviously dies to close combat

i thought skarmory survived a flare drive somehow but then found out i wasn't calculating STAB in: 125-147%, even with intimidate factored in it is still easily 2HKO'd

gengar obviously dies but it can outspeed, somewhat stopping the rape

and donphan does survive, 60-71% with flare drive or close combat, with intimidate factored in it's 40-47%, so it's not even 3HKO'd by that

in short, get in an intimidate with salamence then get the **** out of there with salamence, that's your best hope of countering it

Last edited:

otherside

Some guy
Ooh forgot about Intimidate.

And if it doesn't OHKO Skarm then Skarm can WW Nape out.

I was thinking about a Mixnape set (HP Ice/CC/Nasty Plot/Flamethrower) which could probably OHKO everything with ease except for Donphan.

You might want to relook your Threatlist because some of the 'counters' aren't really counters at all, but just carry a move that CAN OHKO the poke in question, but can't outspeed/switch into it (the case with a DD Gyara and your Gengar and possibly others.).

when you say experts only, do you consider yourself an expert?

That Breloom is awful. I actually spit on it.
that Gengar is awful also.

Heracross will rip this to shreds. It can come on Blissey and Hurt.

Gyarados will crap on you. It will 2hko everything after 1 dd with Ice Fang and Water Moves. Skarmory cannot touch it either.

You also cannot touch a great deal of Infernape.

Electrive will have some fun here. Especially if it gets in on Gengar's Thunderbolt.

Metagross will pretty much obliterate your whole team with Just Meteor Mash's and one +atk.
Nothing except Skarmory will swap into it, and even then you'll only be able to Whirlwind it away.

Lead with Breloom with Spore/Protect/Mach Punch/Stone Edge or Seed Bomb.
Adamant w/ Max hp and Def.

Donphan with an Adamant Nature.
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 192 Def / 48 Spd

Skarmory should have 252 Def/HP/4 spd

Gengar.
EVs: 116 HP / 216 Spd / 176 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

well done creating a team out of the most OU Pokémon. Nothing interesting or really special.

Alzi

Toon link
Thanks every one for the tips i'm going to update my threat list and Fighting_Master the experts only is just to catch peoples minds and i wanted all the good people like you 3 guys to come in and rate it since you guys have much more experience.

Once again thanks for the tips going to edit the first post.

Fighting master what moves do you think i should have on gengar? And when i said experts only lol you guys supprise me 0_0

Last edited:

otherside

Some guy
Not sure what the Speed EVs are doing on Donphan. He's supposed to be able to take hits anyway so outspeeding things isn't much of an issue.

And you might want to fix up your Threatlist (if you actually named the counters then it would be quite helpful).

Alzi

Toon link
Not sure what the Speed EVs are doing on Donphan. He's supposed to be able to take hits anyway so outspeeding things isn't much of an issue.

And you might want to fix up your Threatlist (if you actually named the counters then it would be quite helpful).

Ok i was thinking this way might be easier but it doesn't seem to be working and would a counter sash be a good lead. (Gengar) Oh and with the ev spreads i need to know why certain ev's are there for because i too was wondering why the speed on donphan then the usual 252 hp / def 6 atk. Maybe because i have skarmory is that why donphan should be adamant instead of impish.

otherside

Some guy
Even if you put a Sash on a lead Gengar, you cripple it just to take out their starter, and it can be revenge killed extremely easy (Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, Shadow Sneak, etc).
Perhaps if you played a Countersash Gengar..

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Hasty
252 in Speed and Attack
Counter
Explosion
Hypnosis
Destiny Bond

This aims to cripple or kill 3 of the opponent's pokes.
Counter an obvious physical attack (like a Night Slash from Weavile) for one kill.
Hypnosis the next poke (hopefully you outspeed it and it doesn't have a priority move)
And if they switch out, Destiny Bond/Explode on the third.

Not extremely effective though because it is quite situational.

Alzi

Toon link
Yeah that's what i ment a counter sash since i don't like having scarf on salamence and i don't really see why i should have explosion and destiny bond, maybe replace explosion with somthing else like shadow ball but then i won't have somthing to counter gar with.

Or should i replace gengar with this:

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Careful
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Thunder Punch
-Fire Punch

Takes out Metagross, hera , gar , and other water / flying types.

Outspeed Swampert and Blissey.

use Hypnosis/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Focus Punch Gengar.

otherside

Some guy
If you did, your team would be very very defensive.
And it doesn't really take out Gross. Gross has very nice defences so it will be a 3HKO at best.

Outspeed Swampert and Blissey.
Ah I see now.

Alzi

Toon link
But do i need to outspeed swampert and blissey since i already got breloom for blissey and i can't really hit swampert hard with a donphan.. can i? and focus punch gengar seems a bit :/ for me since i already got a focus puncher and is there a reason why it has focus punch is it for a certain pokemon that might switch in?

lugiatamer493

FC: 1203 6804 3145
gengar can learn psychic also or this set i use

t bolt
shadow ball
destiny bond
hypnosis

but that is only with another special attacker

Alzi

Toon link
I already got that set on my gengar right now lol. I need more help since i might have to re-breed gengar or change nature so i don't want to keep going i need suggestion then i can get on with my game.

lugiatamer493

what is wrong with timid nature

lugiatamer493

it could work cos i was thinking the same thing if u have focus blast actually i did used 2 use that

Alzi

Toon link
it could work cos i was thinking the same thing if u have focus blast actually i did used 2 use that

So it will be somthing like this:

Gengar@Life Orb
Timid 252 spd / 252 sp.atk / 6hp
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Thunderbolt
-Destiny bond

I'm stuck between destiny bond or hypnosis destiny bond is good for my weakness such as things like infernape.. What do you guys think?