• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Streaming on a PC--how do?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
That is super bad across the board. You're better off recording and then uploading to YouTube.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Ok, it says that the numbers after my model are M 350 @ 2.27 GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz

That site says that my "ping" is 54 ms, my download speed is 3.24 Mbps, and my upload speed is .70 Mbps. Damn that sounds super slow! I would think my upload and download speeds would be the same...

That is super bad across the board. You're better off recording and then uploading to YouTube.

I happen to agree. Recording to a file will make it easier on your CPU.

Just of that number I can tell you, it's a Laptop, and the CPU was released in 2010, and chances are you've had that laptop for sometime. http://ark.intel.com/products/43529/Intel-Core-i3-350M-Processor-3M-Cache-2_26-GHz

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Even when I recorded direct to my computer and uploaded later it gave me problems. I say at the beginning of the vids so maybe you can see it.

So what should I do to get more CPU and more speed?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Buy a good computer, pay for better internet service.
I happen to agree here. And sadly, this is where my Practical Advice stops.

The CPU is nearly 6 years old, and Being a Gen 1 i3, it lacks the Correct hardware to encode video in the way you want it to. As I suspect it's a older Laptop, any possible upgrade isn't worth it in the long run, assuming you can find compatible hardware. (At best, most laptops can only swap Hard disk, batteries and RAM. In this case, Ram and Harddisks while give some improvements, they can't add enough.)

Just to make it clear, Being a Gen 1 i3, your computer is below the Minimum Specs for XSplit: http://faq.xsplit.com/xgc/manual/minimum-requirements I suspect that XSplit's "Auto Setting" is forcing everything to Low settings, as your hardware can't cope with the task.

The good news is that most Intel Laptop CPU's sold today will support video encoding to stream online or record for Youtube, and Most "pro" streamers/youtubers use desktop PC.

To follow this up, As ISP and Speeds varies by location, so the only option is to shop around assuming you're paying the bill.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Ugh, my desktop is even older and I rarely use it. And I'm SUPPOSED to be paying for good internet so I'll have a talk with them.