• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strength or Looks

Strength or looks

• Total voters

Chimungus

What makes you like a Pokemon better? Strength or looks? AND WHY? I like looks because i only really like cute Pokemon ( i think almost all are cute) And i like the looks cause i love cute stuff! ^^

Raunchy_fad

Ooh, maaaan!
I chose both. I DO really like my Pokémon to be, well, Pokémon that I like, but I can't let that keep me back from beating the game. So me, I go for attractive strength.

Both, I like strong beauty, "Beautiful but deadly" such as my Gardevoir, Milotic and Ninetales.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Strength. I only like/train those who are strong.

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
Both, I like strong beauty, "Beautiful but deadly" such as my Gardevoir, Milotic and Ninetales.

Same, but I prefer beauty. I love beautiful pokemon and train them to be strong by giving them a good moveset and pokeblocks to make them happy of course. Seeing beautiful pokemon perform is just magnificent

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
It really depends on what you need for your team. For example, Weezing is extremely useful as both a physical wall and a Hazer, but you wouldn't really expect a pair of purple testicles to win a beauty contest would you?

Gardy, Milo are both extremely useful. And I do admit I have a soft spot for Ninetales and Venomoth just because of their looks.

WiggleTuff

~You're my only one~
I have to go both ways. I guess it really depends on if you like contests or battles more. Since I like battles better, looks don't really mean much to me but I have some strong, cute pokemon like Breloom, Ninetales, and Umbreon. So, its your desicion on wether you want them for looks or strength.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Strength is definitely what I go for in pokemon. The better they are in battle, the stronger their attacks are that I give them or they learn naturally, the better. Looks are great for filling the pokedex (I do like jigglypuff, skitty/delcatty, clefairy, and pichu), but I like them better for contests than for battle (although I love a skitty/delcatty with assist to see what moves come up).

Prelude

Prelude
Strength, because Pokemon are mindless drones that don't give a crap about why you use them.

Also, there should be the option of "Strategy" there. Shuckle is used with neither of the options in mind, hopefully.

Last edited:

BlazeShadow

Both.

Strong ugly pokémon and super beatifull weak pokémon = bad

X the.only.trainer.ever X

Just a lil' synth
I can't say that it's strengths or looks that attract me to a PKMN.
It's all personal preference in what I like about em.

I can say that it isn't strengths for sure because that would mean that Ubers/Legendaries would be my only interest.

The best thing is to find a PKMN that has an all out appealance to me AND is strong enough to be competetive.

I.E : Scizor,Milotic,Lucario,etc.

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
This must be assuming that all strong Pokemon have ugly designs, but whatever.

I'd go for strength, of course. I do like some Pokemon for the way they look, but I wouldn't waste time or risk a loss by using them in battle. Heck, Jigglypuff is my favorite Pokemon of all time, but I would be crazy to actually use it.

Wig

Out of a crazy mind.
Depends. If it's a 76-legged 00ber legendary compared to a cat-like Pokemon, I'd go with the cat. 8D

.:~Wig~:.

i chose both because first comes the look, and then comes the strenth. i believe anyone would chose the one they like the look of more out of two evenly matched pokemon.