• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stressful/disappointing GTS stories.

Vikings

Oracle
We've all had them. I've had a few recently...Thought it would take away some of the pain to hear some of your stories. Here are mine:

Just today I was browsing. Came across a level 100 Tornadus (had a Japanese name, but no biggie). All he wanted for it was a male jigglypuff. I went to catch one, and after 15 or so minutes of struggling to find a 25% male jigglypuff, I got one. Ran back to GTS, searched for him. Was beyond thankful he was still there. Went to trade, and all I saw was "Unfortunately it was traded to another trainer"...I wanted to cry.

2 days ago I came across a level 60 Umbreon asking for a Probopass. Caught one, went to trade, forgot about the name not being allowed so I ran to rename it. Came back and it was gone.

Lastly, came across into a level 1 Spiritomb, the guy wanted any Lopunny. Ran and caught one, came back, gone lol.

By far the most stressful was the Tornadus, but anyone else have an instance where GTS made you want to break your 3DS in half?

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
Whenever I accidentally disconnect during GTS negotiations. And whenever people ask for impossible to get pokemon. And when people trade me hacks. I once got a Shiny Raichu in exchange for a Macuhita and it turned out to be a very obvious hack.

Vikings

Oracle
Whenever I accidentally disconnect during GTS negotiations. And whenever people ask for impossible to get pokemon. And when people trade me hacks. I once got a Shiny Raichu in exchange for a Macuhita and it turned out to be a very obvious hack.

They need to have a way of filtering those out in new games. It takes up 75% of GTS. I'm hoping for X and Y they'll fix up GTS the way it should be. Along with being able to request shinies, specifically saying you won't accept Pokemon with nicknames, and being able to search your Pokemon to see what people are offering for it.

When I found out that I can't request Pokémon that I haven't registered in my PokéDex yet.

No idea why they did that. Makes GTS way too annoying.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I had one back in Diamond. There was a Spirtomb and had a good offer. I traded it but it never appeared in my boxes. Months later I tried again and I got it with no problems. To my surprise was when I got it, my old one suddenly appeared right next to it! So instead of one Spirtomb I got two. lol. It was funny but stressful because I thought I traded a pokemon for nothing. I'm so glad that isn't the case anymore.

I find that whenever people want/need something, they want something totally unreasonable in return.
So, I don't really bother anymore.
Forget catching them all. Too stressful.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I find that whenever people want/need something, they want something totally unreasonable in return.
So, I don't really bother anymore.
Forget catching them all. Too stressful.

No Doubt, a lot of people expect to get rare Pokemon in exchange something you can walk to route 1 and catch yourself in minutes. I go and request stuff I don't have in my Dex yet though and offer Female Eevee. Lots of newbie players go for it and I get legendaries without having to catch the ones in my game (so I can shiny hunt for them later).

I remember an instance where I wanted some common pokemon, but they were asking for a mew or mewtwo in return.
Then again, I've been away from pokemon since Emerald, so perhaps times have changed.

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
I saw a shiny Absol once and the trade was actually reasonable. I had to evolve and train my pokemon a little and when I got back it was gone...

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I saw a shiny Absol once and the trade was actually reasonable. I had to evolve and train my pokemon a little and when I got back it was gone...

I've had that happen to me a lot recently trying to fill my national dex. It's even worse when GTS tells you its still there and you only find it's not available after you pick your pokemon out of your box.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
I wonder how the GTS system will change with this new gen of pokemon.

Gamefreak has confirmed that impossible trade requests will no longer be possible. So thank Arceus. Maybe the GTS wont be such a hassle anymore.

Is that so? I'm still catching up with all the news.
It sounds promising, specially now that things like the action replay are obsolete.
I'm going to be getting Pokemon X, because the legendary looks really cool.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Story No.1
I was browsing through the GTS when I saw a Spiritomb. Someone wanted a Pidgeot for it. I caught a Pidgey raised it by two levels , evolved it , traded it. And then I checked the summary for the spiritomb-Caught at the pokemon league with a cherish ball...
Story No.2
Offering Manaphy. Looking for Hitmontop.
I rushed out of the GTS to train my Tyrogue.
I came back.
Unfortunately it was traded away to another trainer.

Last edited:

fitzy909

Just another guy
i have had several trades where i received a glitch pokemon. i once got a dialga caught on route 201 in a cherish ball...yeah...

Vikings

Oracle
Gamefreak has confirmed that impossible trade requests will no longer be possible. So thank Arceus. Maybe the
GTS wont be such a hassle anymore.

Haven't heard that yet, awesome! Thanks for the news. Hopefully GTS will get a total revamp to, like you said, make it less of a hassle.

i have had several trades where i received a glitch pokemon. i once got a dialga caught on route 201 in a cherish ball...yeah...

I don't even request some Pokemon anymore. I kept requesting for a Rotom hoping to get a level 15+ one from DPPt, I ended up getting 2 more nicknamed Bucky at level 60 you trade for in game, and one nicknamed Eeks...gave up on that one. The only legendary I've asked for through GTS ended up to be hacked as well. I traded it for something else, so not a big deal, but still annoying.

Today I found a Shiny Japanese Ditto on the GTS (I was looking for a Kabuto and it appeared among the selections). All he wanted was any old Ditto. Went to the Giant Chasm, caught a level 45 ditto, came back, relieved that the shiny was still there, but it had been traded to another trainer :(

Didn't really annoy me much since I already have a ditto used for Masuda Methoding, but I would've used it as trade bait or something else.

Also, when I search for any normal Pokemon and people want Shaymins, Darkrais etc for it. Fortunately, someone wanted a Kabuto in exchange for a Tentacool and I was filling up the Kanto dex.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Is that so? I'm still catching up with all the news.
It sounds promising, specially now that things like the action replay are obsolete.
I'm going to be getting Pokemon X, because the legendary looks really cool.

We'll still be bombarded with Level 9 and under Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Phione, Jirachi, and Regigigas, though, as they are legally obtainable under Level 10.

Anyway, I decided to put my Manaphy up for trade on the GTS, in hopes of getting a DW Slugma.

I get a regular Male Slugma, and I then find out I have 3 DWF Slugma in the Entralink <_<

And... I find somebody who wants Terrakion in exchange for Reshiram.
Since I had a spare Terrakion, I do it.

Connection Failed.

My WiFi just had to blow out then.

Then, a day later, I find it's still there, I go for it...

"Unfortunately it's been traded to another trainer."

RAGECANDYBAR