• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stressful/disappointing GTS stories.

Pompykins

friendly placebo
Was dumb. Didn't know how the whole "special request" thing worked. Got ripped off by some one wanting a generally rare Pokemon (can't even remember what anymore) for a Froakie they claimed had Protean, Pokerus, and Modest nature. It did not have any of those.

At least I learned a lesson.

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
What's irritating to me is that the GTS isn't what you call up to date - I found a Trapinch but the trade was already done, even though it was still on there :-/.

I think it was a Trapinch, but anyway, my point is that the GTS isn't always up to date, so be careful please! :p.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Was dumb. Didn't know how the whole "special request" thing worked. Got ripped off by some one wanting a generally rare Pokemon (can't even remember what anymore) for a Froakie they claimed had Protean, Pokerus, and Modest nature. It did not have any of those.

At least I learned a lesson.

lol OMG bro i think that was me xD, check the ID name if its lab8 moth, im soo soo sorry xD

IM soo sorry lmao

Ajduk

I avoid GTS.
However, my brother just got cheated into trading his Xerneas for a ''flawless'' Ditto and now he is pissed off and wondering is there anything he can do about it.
And the Ditto is Japanese. The little racist fool thought that they were ''bound by honor'' not to cheat you xD
I am considering giving him my Xerneas.

Last edited:

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
in pokemon y, i needed a ninetales, when i looked on the gts there were reasonable trades yet whe ni saw people people asking for xerneas,yveltal and other rares, i realized they were drought ninetales.
eventually i got a friend safari with drought ninetales, and am now trading them on gts to fill up the pokedex, only have a few left in coastal but quite a few(30/40) in mountain. so if somebody traded a lv 1 diglett for a ninetales with drought everybody wins. the worst luck i had was getting a growlithe, everybody wanted yveltals for it. and am still waiting for somebody to take my ninetales for one.

MissEevee

Fairy Princess
I am always going to the GTS and finding pokemon I want, only to realise that the pokemon that I have to trade with them are too high a level for the conditions set by the trainer who deposited the pokemon. I did get Pokerus from a GTS trade though, so it isn't so bad.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I always get disappointed and annoyed when people ask for pokemon that are way too low leveled. I saw someone ask for a level 20 hydreigon...yeah.

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
It would be nice if you could put up an added feature of requiring a certain nature or a certain ability. I put up an IV bred Speed Boost Adamant Torchic with good Attack and Sp. Attack IVs and asked for a Mightyena. In the little box they let you type in, I asked for it to have Moxie. Each time, I got a trade, it was a sub-par Jap Mightyena with one of the other two abilities and horrible stats. I ended up having to find a trade through here, and while it had horrible Attack IVs, it at least had Moxie, which is what I wanted, so now I can breed a good IV Adamant Mightyena with Moxie through the Ditto system.

Overall, I seem to have better luck getting great Pokemon through Wonder Trade than GTS. It's luck of the draw, but with Breeders tossing out what doesn't quite make their cuts, you can stand to get some good Pokemon.

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Generally just looking for a Shinx for my XY gameplay because Shinx is one of my favorite Electric-type Pokemon. I came up with trades asking for Legendaries or Pokemon I didn't have access to. :<
Thank god for nice people giving me access to their Friend Safaris!

But seriously, I always have a hard time trying to trade Pokemon over the GTS, so I pretty much gave up on it.

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Sucks too many people don't ask for reasonable trades :( And those that do, are usually last in line.
Once on BW2 I could get a shiny Rayquaza for a lvl 91+ Swoobat, so I went training like crazy, but an hour later when I was done, it was gone ;-;

Mi-tan

I didn't have much chance to go on the GTS until I got X (DS connectivity being what it was) so I was really looking forward to a better experience. Welp, I've looked around several times for different Pokemon that aren't that rare, and everybody wants Scizor. Seriously - I just searched for Squirtle, leaving out "special Pokemon", and have seen over 7 Scizor requests in all, not to mention all the people who want the Legendary Birds. (No, I'm not trading you an Articuno for your level 1 Squirtle - IVs aren't that important to me, and I don't even know what its IVs are anyway!) Also getting frustrated with the amount of people who want currently unavailable Pokemon such as Mudkip/Cyndaquil/Chikorita/Snivy/Totodile/those three legendaries (even if the Box thing was out, I wouldn't have enough of those starters to trade for everything else I need anyway). I wish that the GTS would filter requests more neatly to keep people from doing that sort of thing. xD

Vhyra

When someone puts a note "4 IV HP,SPAT,SPDEF,SPE!" however it really only had 1 IV. :| Why just.. why..

Abysmal Zero

Burninating
Definitely the rampant violation of special requests in regards to Vivillon are the most frustrating of late. It's so frustrating, because I can't deposit my high plains one with a specific request without getting an elegant in return--heck, can't even put an ELEGANT form up without getting another back! Which is kind of...yeah. Why?

And then searching is even worse. When I finally find a form I don't have, they either want some legendary or the trade is finished in a nanosecond, before any one could possibly respond.

Oh, and the requests for unreleased pokemon and unavailable ones is just gravy on top of all that. The worst part of all this being that it's not that hard to get a freakin' Vivillon and share it. All I want is a bug catcher's collection of Vivillon. Apparently that's too much to ask.

leftclick

I do think it's silly to stress over special requests that are "ignored". For all one knows, the person trading to you doesn't speak the same language as you. How's a German trainer to know a Korean trainer wants pattern XYZ and so on?

You may try to argue that you shouldn't trade if you can't read the other person's comment, but I still think you're getting too uptight over a bunch of ones and zeros. Besides, the journey is more fun than the destination.

Puma Italia

I haven't made any special requests using the GTS, but if I did, I wouldn't expect someone to give me what I was looking for in return. If you want a special request like that, you'd probably be better off trading with someone instead of trying to get some random person to give you what you want.

The people asking for unreleased Pokemon or legendaries for Pokemon that aren't very rare are annoying though.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I had this very disappointing GTS experience, where I received a hacked Pokemon, and my DS blew up which caused three-quarters of my face getting burned.

No, I'm usually careful on the GTS, though I hate it when you get a bad nature Pokemon.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Regarding the Vivillon thing, I also dislike how people who own the rarer patterns asks for legendary birds. Did they really expect people to do the trade????

Seriously, even though it has a rare pattern, it's still just a Vivillon. No one is going to give you a "one-per-game" legendary bird for a commonly found regional bug.

Another one I dislike, is people who uploads a trade evolution Pokemon, and then asks for the evolved form in return.

I don't have an Aromatisse yet, how am I supposed to trade with your Sachet-holding Spritzee??? And why would I trade you an Aromatisse if I already have one???

It would be better if they upload the Sachet-holding Spritzee and asks for Kadabra in return, for example. Then upload the Alakazam and ask for Aromatisse in return, now that there's one more people in the world with an Aromatisse.....

Some people also uploads Boldore and asks for Gigalith in return.....when they would still get a Gigalith anyway if they asked for Boldore instead. Not to mention the trade would be done a lot faster, since many people can get a Boldore easily, but not many can get a Gigalith easily.