• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stressful/disappointing GTS stories.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It's really disappointing that so many people are asking for the legendary birds for just about every single Pokemon. I'm honestly starting to regret catching Zapdos as now, when I search for trades asking for Pokemon I have, almost all the offers are asking for my Zapdos. These people must be out of their minds if they think I'm going to trade my near flawless Timid Zapdos with Hidden Power Grass for their Lv1 Pokemon that they claim has perfect IVs or its Hidden Ability.

Also, yesterday I was searching for legendary Pokemon I don't have to complete my Pokedex and I saw someone offering a Zygarde for a female Chespin wanting one with Bulletproof. As I like giving people what they ask for (if it's within reason) I took my male BP Quilladin and bred it till I got a female only to discover that the Zygarde had already been taken (presumably for a regular Overgrow Chespin). I also saw another Pokemon I really wanted (can't remember which one) with the person only wanting a Skrelp. As I play X and the only Skrelp I have is shiny I went to try and trade for another only to be flooded with offers asking for my Zapdos. Safe to say I didn't get this Pokemon either.

The greed of some people on the GTS is shocking. Maybe they think that a young child will trade for their stupid offers or they're just trying to troll people looking for decent trades. Looks like I'll be waiting for PokeBank to get an Articuno and Moltres for the Oval Charm then.

Ixeilon

PKMN Breeder
^
You don't need the birds/Mewtwo for the Oval Charm. You just need to see every pokemon in the Kalos dex besides the 4 mentioned.

That aside, I got a 5IV adamant Rhyperior of the GTS, quite shocked. It was traded for my 5IV Horsea but still.

ayerrowdocta

Hey Whats Up? :)
I always seem to get the worst pokemon possible from the gts. Like bad natured, horrible IVs and yet it still fulfills the requirment :(

Shiny Budew

The Vivillon and Scatterbug searches are ridiculous. Maybe it's just me, but if I had a rare pattern, I'd share the love and deposit some asking for really common Pokemon. And depositing a Scatterbug results in disappointment because chances are you are 1) going to get an Elegant and 2) it'll have a bad nature.

I've always tried to be conscientious regarding the Pokemon I deposit. If I don't have one of the preferred natures for a Pokemon, I make sure at the very least that they have a neutral nature. And I try to be fair regarding what Pokemon I want in exchange (haven't quite gotten a feel for what each Pokemon is worth).

But I guess the people who took my Female Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour (with evo stones attached) and my two Pikachu with Light Ball didn't mind giving me a Skrelp in exchange. Either that, or most of the other people were wanting something ridiculous in exchange.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Maybe it's just me, but if I had a rare pattern, I'd share the love and deposit some asking for really common Pokemon.

People ARE doing that, but what's annoying is, those with rare pattern seems to deposit their rare pattern Vivillon only once, instead of depositing some over an hour, for example.

So in a day you'll see at most only one or two easy request for a rare pattern, which will be taken by someone else in a nanosecond -_-

People ARE doing that, but what's annoying is, those with rare pattern seems to deposit their rare pattern Vivillon only once, instead of depositing some over an hour, for example.

So in a day you'll see at most only one or two easy request for a rare pattern, which will be taken by someone else in a nanosecond -_-

I understand this well, and people also don't read the trade notes. I tried asking in the notes to attach a sachet to the spritzee for my vivillon but I got a regular one.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Lies in notes and requests for Xerneas x28395793276487 is what I hate most about the GTS.

However, people do put up hidden abilities, egg moves, or good IV'd things from time to time.
-----
edit: It will never be the people asking for something unreasonable in exchange though.

Last edited:

Emily101

Froakie Trainer
I understand this well, and people also don't read the trade notes. I tried asking in the notes to attach a sachet to the spritzee for my vivillon but I got a regular one.

They read them, they just don't care. Why should they attach their rare sachet item if they can get your pokemon without it? That's the thought process on the GTS. It's best to trade with friends or good online friends from this forum for important trades. GTS should just be used to fill the pokedex until they make it so the stats and natures and items can be properly requested for each trade.

PkmnUser

Pokemon traders can often be greedy

the rage glitches makes me rage

If you had d/p you may rember the rage glitch well i transfered a rage glitch smeargle went to GTS a try to trade it then the measage poped up you can this poooooooookkkkemmmbulbsuuuarggenasectisunabletotrade and i quote thats the mesage and glitch pokemon crys were playing manly bulbisaur and other pokemon with low codeing numbers

AnyRandomName

Paper thin defenses
I'll give you this level 1 magikarp for your lvl 100 Xerneas! GTS just takes up space with greedy, fat, spoiled boys with melted chocolate around his mouth thinking he will actually get one.

iraqmaster

It's so ridiculous! I searched for a Squirtle the other day, and people wanted nothing but Legendaries in return! I would say that you are better off finding people on here and trading that way...

SapphSabre777

The greed of some people on the GTS is shocking. Maybe they think that a young child will trade for their stupid offers or they're just trying to troll people looking for decent trades. Looks like I'll be waiting for PokeBank to get an Articuno and Moltres for the Oval Charm then.

This. Just this. I just feel that sometimes...people are a bit over-demanding when it comes to trades. I go to GTS, looking for some decent trade (say Flabebe for Riolu, i.e.), but instead we get: "Hurr durr! I'll give you my ordinary Pokemon for your Legendary!"

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Like many others, any time someone puts up a random Pokemon and asks for a Legendary in return. Who exactly was it that thought that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres should not be counted like the other Legendaries available in X and Y? Because I'd love to have a word with them.

Now, granted. There are a select few that actually put up a good bargain while asking for that trio. Those people are the ones who put up Shinies and ask for them in return. There are also those who put up legitimately good trades (Ex. Garchomp for a Gallade).

Dan The Poke Man

MEGAMEGAMEGA
Everybody seems to want legendaries in return for their Ampharos, Scizor, Aerodactyls, etc. Seriously, you can get a good non-legendary Pokemon in return for stuff like that. They're easier to supply, too. I will give them every damned Gallade I own for a Scizor, but they are not getting an Articuno for it.