• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strike a Fully Powered Pose for a Sleepover! (991)

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I don't understand a lick of Japanese (or rather enough to fully understand what's going on) but I did like that the classmates agreed Burnet staying was a good idea and then Ash basically beckoning them into kukui's his humble abode.

For anyone that does understand Japanese, can anyone translate what Burnet was saying after she finished brushing Lillie's hair and Welcome to Alola started playing? It kind of looked like she was just delegating roles to cleaning up the place but I thought the music might mean the scene had more significance behind it.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Nihelego attacking Lillie is what triggered her fears but Null played a part in it. Since Null is a beast slayer naturally he would try to attack it but the problem was Nihelego was on Lillie/close to her so in her head null was attacking her. Faba erased her memory and since she was never able to properly address the situation and she gained PTSD in my opinion/headcanon.

Don't forget that Nihilego basically sends all your emotions into overdrive with its neurotoxin which probably contributed to Null's nightmarish appearance

Supersonicbro

It wasn't probably Type:Null, but Nihelego. Type:Null probably fended off Nihelego to save her, so seeing Type:Null reminded her of Nihelego. Remember, Type:Null was looking pretty gladly at Lillie.

Yup, that was my theory i mentioned last week. The way i see it is that lillie got captured by nihelego, and type:null saved her, but from her point of view, she could only see type null charging at her, when it was actually charging at nihelego to save her.

EDIT:
Also remember this was when lillie was a small child. It is no small feat for a child to see something differently than it actually was. Type Null is huge. And it charged at her. That's all she saw, so of course she would see it in a negative way.

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Talk about mood whiplash! The first 3/4 of the episode was light-hearted slice-of-life material, and then the last 1/4 was much more serious—from Lillie and Burnet's conversation on the beach, to Nebby teleporting Lillie to her brother and her seeing Type: Null again. I did like how it was everyone talking about their mothers that prompted Lillie's inner reflections and her leaving the house to go sit on the beach.

Maybe but Lillie would realise that Null's intention was to save her. So I think Lillie became scared/traumatized after seeing Null because it revived her memories of Nihelego.
Given how frightening Type: Null looked in her flashback, I would say she did not realize Type: Null was trying to save her. There's a good chance Type: Null attacked Nihilego while Lillie was still being held captive by it. That would be terrifying for any young child. Type: Null seems to be just as responsible for Lillie's phobia as Nihilego, because it's all part of the same incident.

For anyone that does understand Japanese, can anyone translate what Burnet was saying after she finished brushing Lillie's hair and Welcome to Alola started playing? It kind of looked like she was just delegating roles to cleaning up the place but I thought the music might mean the scene had more significance behind it.
My Japanese is far from perfect, but I understood enough to get the general gist of what was going on in that scene. Burnet said she would cook dinner; Kukui protested and said he would cook; Burnet insisted on doing it; and Kukui relented. Then Mallow volunteered to help, as did Ash and Lillie. (And Ash proved that he can, at the very least, shred lettuce. Looks like he doesn't need to be banned from the kitchen after all. :p )

knightwolf09

Wait, I know we saw a flashback that Lillie was involved with Nihelego, and that's the day she became afraid of pokemon, but is Silvally actually the source of her fear?

Rajas

You guys also have to remember Faba used Hypno to distort both her and Gladion's memories so when she had her flashback it's a blurry monster (Null) because the hypnosis has fractured her memories.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
You guys also have to remember Faba used Hypno to distort both her and Gladion's memories so when she had her flashback it's a blurry monster (Null) because the hypnosis has fractured her memories.
I don't think it's actually been confirmed that Faba ordered his Hypno to distort Lillie's and Gladion's memories. Firstly, Gladion's memories don't seem to be distorted at all; he seems to clearly remember what happened. Secondly, it's just as likely that, as Gladion told Ash, Lillie herself blocked out her own memories. PTSD could just as easily explain why her memory of Type: Null is that of a blurry monster.

Rajas

I don't think it's actually been confirmed that Faba ordered his Hypno to distort Lillie's and Gladion's memories. Firstly, Gladion's memories don't seem to be distorted at all; he seems to clearly remember what happened. Secondly, it's just as likely that, as Gladion told Ash, Lillie herself blocked out her own memories. PTSD could just as easily explain why her memory of Type: Null is that of a blurry monster.

From the preview, it looks like he's doing it to Gladion again imo, it also could be Gladion got bach his memories as well but yeah the PTSD could simply be the cause. Either one would work for me imo.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I'm sensing a motherly figure bond with Lillie and Prof Burnet. :)

Also Mao chan looks super cute with her hair down. It was a nice touch that for once, Ash is helping out with cooking and it didn't taste bad!!

I wished Lillie's encounter with Gladion was longer but poor Lillie is afraid of touching Pokémon, even Shiron again. :(

DatsRight

Up until the final scene, things were kinda mundane, odd fun gags and tidbits here and there, but not as good as the best slice of life episodes this series.

Liked Lycanroc and Litten deciding to train spar outside, along with Marowak going 'Not a bad idea, let's try it' to Turtonator, probably their most friendly exchange so far.

Need subs to understand a lot of the exchanges, though looks like they might be setting up Kukui and Burnet after all. Still needs a lot more build up though.

Some funny gags like the kids fighting over the TV, and Mallow and Kiawe being the most competitive in the Z Move game while the others look bewildered (though Kiawe and Turtnator suffer from force of habit :p).

Lillie's traumatised and back to square one, wonder how the next episode is playing out.

Last edited:

Rajas

I'm sensing a motherly figure bond with Lillie and Prof Burnet. :)

Also Mao chan looks super cute with her hair down. It was a nice touch that for once, Ash is helping out with cooking and it didn't taste bad!!

I wished Lillie's encounter with Gladion was longer but poor Lillie is afraid of touching Pokémon, even Shiron again. :(

She was the perfect one to help Lillie see that her mother still loves her imo, Lusamine is good in my eyes.

Mao with hair down is pretty kawaii I'll admit.

Think she'd resolve that next week so no worries lol, should see Gladion again next episode also.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
She was the perfect one to help Lillie see that her mother still loves her imo, Lusamine is good in my eyes.

Mao with hair down is pretty kawaii I'll admit.

Think she'd resolve that next week so no worries lol, should see Gladion again next episode also.

Lusamine began as good but controlling (prior to the game's events), then Nihilego came and her husband vanished, so she went off the deep end searching for it since she connected nihilego with her loss and its neurotoxins only made everything worse. Not saying Lusamine isn't to blame for her actions, but she probably would've been better off had literally any other UB come through that first wormhole.

Rajas

Lusamine began as good but controlling (prior to the game's events), then Nihilego came and her husband vanished, so she went off the deep end searching for it since she connected nihilego with her loss and its neurotoxins only made everything worse. Not saying Lusamine isn't to blame for her actions, but she probably would've been better off had literally any other UB come through that first wormhole.

Indeed, I think this time she' just generally good but a hard worker. Think Faba will cause Nihilego to attack her and change that though!

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Finally was able to watch this episode and it was a nice episode.

I enjoyed seeing everyone participate in the early games (hide and seek with Nebby, and making a wager I think, to see who gets to sleep up in the loft/Ash’s room. Of course Lillie gets trolled by Nebby. That Z-Move game was cool too). I thought it was pretty funny when Sophocles, Kiawe, Lana, Rotomdex, were watching TV, and fighting over what to watch. The reference to Pokebase and past characters, Snorlax with its move, was a nice touch. As for when everyone was going to sleep, which I saw some users mention, Mallow did look real cute with her hair not tied up, but Sophocles…you need some new attire dude. Your pajamas reminded of of your old man bathing suit!

I liked the talk that Burnet and Lillie outside, and Burnet basically reminding Lillie that her mother does think about her. It was also cool seeing all the different pictures and flashback moments of Lusamine, Lillie, and Gladion. I did feel a little bad for Lillie at the end there, seeing Type: Null looked like it brought back her fear, based on her obvious reaction. I'm looking forward to more details in the next episode, hopefully.

XXD17

Draco rex
How can you so surely say it was of Type:Null's? It don't think that silhouette was that clear.

https://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/sunmoon/991/DP355.jpg

I don't understand the confusion here. That's obviously silvally (no helmet). The eyes, claws, beak and even the ring of fur (with the squared edges) around the neck match: https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/be/773Silvally.png . The only thing that is hard to make out is the crest, but that's because you are looking at a silhouette straight-on. It seems more like Lillie was traumatized by silvally attacking her rather than Nihilego...

On another note, my favorite scene will have to be the little chat Kukui and Burnet had towards the end when they were returning from the store. It really shows how they do have something going, leading up to their eventual marriage rather than how the game kind of just ham-fisted their relationship into the plot.

SinnohEevee

The Silvally who attacked Lillie probably wasn't Gladion's.
Lillie probably got some UB energy in her.
As for Nebby, you're a troll.

I was glad to see Litten training with Dusk Lycanrock given that we barely saw him train. It seems the writers aren't sure how to deal with him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was a surprisingly decent episode. As I predicted after seeing the previews, Gonbe was hilarious, and I liked the interactions between Lilie and Burnet-hakase. The introduction of new character dynamics in general was pleasant, and the scene where Hoshigumo-chan took Lilie into the cave to encounter Type: Null was a good climax.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
This was a fun episode (yes I know I'm pretty much saying that about most episodes lately, I guess I'm just really enjoying the series). We got to know Burnet a lot better, she's cool, confident, and considerate, she's great. A little bit of teasing for her relationship with Kukui, which I hope they'll develop further into the series. Also liked the concepts they had in the episode. Nebby hide-and-seek is neat, and Rotom's game of the Z-poses was also creative and ended hilariously with Turtonator blowing up the room. Kukui's look after Turtonator did that was priceless, really showing that "Really dude?" response. Also liked the attention to detail here, especially Togedemaru still being Sophocles's night light. A lot of the events might seem a bit disjointed, but there was a lot of natural flow to the episode that didn't feel forced. Munchlax sees Snorlax's Z-Move on TV, and then proceeds to eat all of the food in a similar fashion, which is what a Munchlax does, which caused Kukui and Burnet to have to go and shop for more food and get them some alone time to develop and tease that. The atmosphere being very fun and homelike felt natural and reminded Lillie of the times with her own mother and brother, which in turn caused the development for her in this episode. I like how they're doing these things, having a proper setup for Lillie being reminded of her problems with her mother and wishing to talk to her brother again, instead of that coming out of nowhere. The writing is just so good lately, and I love it.

Last edited:

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Wow, that was a serious case of mood whiplash. We go from cutesy, happy-funtime filler to Type: Null triggering a PTSD nervous breakdown in Lillie. Poor girl doesn't deserve all this insanity. Burnet and Kukui were really cute together, and it's nice to see them interacting beyond the couple of conversations you get with them together in the actual games. Seems like Burnet's trying to get across the Lusamine is quite kind and caring. Honestly, I'll be okay if she is just a massively overworked mother who winds up neglecting her kid as a result. That's a pretty realistic scenario for a lot of folks. While not as entertaining as having her go off the deep end, it's still interesting to watch it play out. Especially since it brings out Lillie's defiant side, which showed up for all of, like, one scene in the games.

Rajas

Burnet and Kukui are really nice together, I rather see their relationship grow like this also, really nice to see. Pretty sure now Lusamine is good and she just wants to do right by her kids even if work prevents that. I do wonder though if Burnet telling Lillie to have a talk with her mother next time will play into things. Maybe this is where Nihilego will poison Lusamine's mind and make her think she's not good enough and hence want to create something new? Could make things come full circle at the end where Lillie has to show understanding to Lusamine and save her.