• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strive: 594 Days to the Top of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Yes, it's finally here. This is my final RMT for Gen IV.

Also, in case you're wondering about the title, it's how many days I've been in this section.

Introduction: My previous RMT, which you can find here, was created for the people who were decent from start to finish. However, this thread is somewhat special. This is for the people who started out badly, but with hard work and determination would eventually become decent or better. Yes, even the super raters didn't always have the most glorious of starts. I'll also be including an example of their original badness, just so you can see how terrible they were back when they started, as a link in their names.

~At a Glance~
18.png
149.png
254.png
411.png
437.png
134.png

*Bossk*
18.png

Pidgeot @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Ability: Tangled Feet
-Brave Bird
-Quick Attack
-Steel Wing
-U-Turn

Why Pidgeot?: As a lead with U-Turn and decently high speed, Pidgeot can give my team momentum even if it's up against an unfavorable opponent by U-Turning out to a better matchup.

EVs: Maximum Attack and Speed for maximum striking power. The remaining EVs get shunted into Defense so Pidgeot gets 11 Life Orb boosted attacks rather than just 10.

The Rater: Bossk is one of the best, and most BA, raters to ever set foot in this section. He didn't start out that way though, as his first thread can attest. He fought tooth and nail for any grains of respect, constantly improving and adapting the suggestions he received from other raters. He also used a wide range of Pokemon in order to get the maximum amount of knowledge for his efforts. He remained steadfastly faithful to his favorite Pokemon, Pidgeot, which is why it has his spot on the team. He also had unorthodox methods of getting around common problems. In this set, Life Orb is used instead of a Choice Band, but without Roost on the set. Healing is taken care of by the WishPassing of another team member rather than with Roost, showcasing an example of Bossk's philosophy.

*h0u0ugIa / peacemaker987*
149.png

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Hp / 96 Atk / 8 Def / 152 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
-Roost

Why Dragonite?: One of the most powerful and bulky boosting sweepers in the game. It makes an excellent glue-point for an in-game team thanks to its superior typing and access to healing.

EVs: Maximum HP for maximum bulk. 152 Spe allows Dragonite to outpace +Natured Base 110's after a Dragon Dance, while 96 Attack hits 360 Attack, which skyrockets to 540 after a Dragon Dance. The remaining 8 EV's might seem like they'd do better in Attack, but they actually are wasted since they'd make the stat odd because 104 hits a bonus point, which means wasted points during Dragon Dance.

The Raters: Houougia (not bothering with the caps) started out over two years ago, beginning with his travesty of a Pearl in-game team. He hung back for a while, lurking around and waiting for the moment to show he'd improved. That time came in September 2009, just before the section imploded when Chaotic Tyrant and Ungulateman left it to rot. Houougia responded to the calls Ampy and I put out for decent raters, and proved himself as a capable and knowledgeable person. He joined Project: New World as a wild card member, and would also be fairly useful in the efforts. Although he left in November of last year, he will be remembered as one of the best to grace this place with his presence. Latias was his favorite Pokemon, but Dragonite is as close as he's going to get for this team.

Peacemaker was a rater who rose through his spot the hard way, creating teams and slogging through rates without being discouraged. He got a lot of flak for it too, but he also gained knowledge from them all. I found nothing about his rates was worth noting at first, but after I came back from a hiatus, I eventually found that he was actually much better than I gave him credit for. Now, he reigns as one of the better raters left in the section. His favorite Pokemon is Dragonite, so he gets his spot here.

*Dan The Poke Man*
254.png

Sceptile @ Leftovers
Nature: Timid
EVs: 92 Hp / 200 SpA / 216 Spe
Ability: Overgrow
-Energy Ball
-HP Fire
-Substitute
-Leech Seed

Why Sceptile?: The fastest non-uber SubSeeder in the game, an excellent tank, and fun to use in-game. What more could you want?

EVs: This is a specialized SubSeed Sceptile that I developed specifically for in-game use. 92 EVs hits 304 Hp, which is a Leftovers and Substitute number. 216 Speed gives Sceptile enough to outpace Base 115's, since it can't match Base 120's with its Speed IV lowered by HP Fire. The remainder is dumped into Special Attack to give Energy Ball and HP Fire some bite.

The Rater: This is more of a personal pick by me than someone who deserves excess recognition. Dan started out as, quite frankly, one of the worst and most incorrigible raters to ever come to this section. He never took anyone's advice, and simply poured out bad rate and team again and again. However, after he left the section for a while, he eventually learned how to battle effectively. After joining Team Meal-Ticket, he learned from the best and eventually became fairly decent at it. Finally, after an even longer period of time, he showed that he was fully capable of creating an effective team, and officially earned my respect. Kudos to you, Dan. Sceptile is his favorite Pokemon, and it's a good Pokemon, so I figured, "wynaut?"

*Chaotic Tyrant*
411.png

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Ability: Sturdy
-Rest
-Iron Head
-Curse
-Sleep Talk

Why Bastiodon?: Apart from the fact that it's a sturdy tank and an extremely necessary Ice resist, it's just an assload of perfection when it comes to the rater it's attached to.

EVs: Max Hp and SpD, to maximize its bulk after Curse. The remaining 4 EVs are useless since they make its increasing stats odd, but I put them in Attack just because.

The Rater: He's CHAOTIC MOTHERFUCKING TYRANT. He's like, an IGRMT legend, even if he is retired. I'll leave it to him to tell the story of his early days, since he does it the best:

Chaotic Tyrant said:
I started as a very stupid rater, in Competitive. Some of the raters who have been here a longer time may even remember me under the persona ‘Arcanine Galactic’. I constantly was explained what I was doing wrong, and was rightfully flamed for my ignorance. But I didn’t listen, and my own stubbornness and obliviousness caused me to continue rating and occasionally go on rants about how I ‘know what I’m talking about and deserve more respect’. Long story short, eventually I got it and left for, if I remember correctly, around three fourths a year, lurking multiple places, to return later to the In-Game RMT. This experience taught me a few things; one, I’m a stubborn idiot sometimes, two, not to speak unless you KNOW what you’re talking about, and three, that people need a little push to get better. Call it tough love, call it pushing, call it being a prick, I don’t care. However, plenty of people never understand that they need to, GTFO as they say and lurk. Just want people to know that if this story sounds similar to what’s been happening to you, you need to ‘GTFO and lurk’.

Eventually, he ran into me, and showed that his "tough love" doctrine is not only true, but also effective. He was almost singlehandedly responsible for keeping the section together, putting together several excellent teams and teaching dozens of people how it's done. Every person featured in this team is an example of what his doctrine accomplished. Eventually, he left during the worst period in IGRMT's history, leaving what was left of his crumbling dynasty to a few key people, myself grudgingly included. Alongside me were Ampy, AlCario, GrumpySnorlax(now known as Shuckle), Bossk, and of course, TheBlueRabbit. In addition to us, a few others who left with him, namely Ungulateman, Vaporeon4evr, and RayRay, came back for a while and lent a hand. We carried on his doctrine to the best of our ability, and it lives on not only in this section, but also in 5th Gen IGRMT.

Now, as to how Bastiodon refers to him... Curse is a reference to Tyrant's frequent, but effective, use of profanity. RestTalk is an ironic reference to the fact that he's an insomniac. Iron Head is a reference to his stubbornness and his headstrong personality. Bastiodon itself refers to Tyrant's love of Heavy Metal music, since it's both heavy and Steel-type.

/rabid fanboyism : D

*dpdude*

442.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 180 Hp / 144 Def / 184 SpA
Ability: Levitate
-Psychic
-HP Electric
-Calm Mind
-Substitute

Why Bronzong?: Another Ice-type resist, a special attacker, and a bulky Pokemon with great typing. Good enough for me.

EVs: 184 SpA hits 240, which is just enough to give Bronzong some bite after a Calm Mind and enough to lay down some hurt after two. The rest is focused on increasing his physical bulk, since it's unboosted by Calm Mind. 180 Hp EVs hits 320, a Leftovers and Substitute number.

The Rater: Dpdude was a decent rater who started off very badly. He tried his hand at rating a few times after lurking a while, but never quite got the hang of it until after Chaotic Tyrant got through to him. After Tyrant left, dpdude came into his own as a rater, and made a few decent teams before disappearing. He wasn't the best, but he'd come a long way from his original standing. Bronzong was on several of his teams iirc, so it gets his spot on this team.

*TheBlueRabbit / Eon Master*
134.png

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 188 Hp / 252 Def / 68 SpD
Ability: Water Absorb
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Wish
-Protect

Why Vaporeon?: Wish Support, Special Attacker, Ungodly Bulk, and an Ice-resist. Water-types should be on every team except monotypes anyway, imo.

EVs: 188 Hp hits a Leftovers number, while 252 Def maximizes Physical bulk, which Vappy needs. The remaining EVs go into SpD for more overall bulk.

The Raters: TBR is probably the most well-known rater in IGRMT, being the most prolific rater in the section and one of the most skilled theorymonners in all of Serebii. He's a member of the 100+ wins club in the Battle Tower, was one of the most influential members of Project: New World, and was a Clan Co-Lead for Team Meal-Ticket. In addition to this, he has helped many people, myself included, create unshakable teams. He is without question the best example of a Super Rater. However, he wasn't always the god of Pokemon that we know today. Although it has been deleted, his first team was a UU competitive team that was horribly lacking. He used Paraflinch Dunsparce for Christ’s sake, and if that doesn't show you how bad it was, I have no hope of explaining it to you. He stayed in the shadows for the most part after that, lurking around and giving many rates in the Singles Thread before he finally gained the confidence to step into the spotlight and show his true brilliance. Obviously, he succeeded. His username refers to Azumaril, and since I needed Wish, Vaporeon was the next best choice.

Now... for me. I started off as arguably the worst rater ever to set foot in this section. My first team can attest to this with full accuracy. I was also stubborn, irritable, and hasty, a combination that lead to me slipping up far more than I should have. I constantly butted heads with the more experienced raters, especially Chaotic Tyrant. I was also arrogant, a trait that I despise with all my being, and it took far too long for me to admit that I was wrong. The turning point for me, as for several others, was when Tyrant left IGRMT, leaving me to step out of his shadow and show off my ideas. I took suggestions, adapted them, and made them my own. Eventually, I started to branch off and cut my own path, making a name for myself. I still had my failures, but I never stopped improving. And where did it get me? Well...

#36 on Smogon's UU Leaderboard

#1 on Smogon's CAP Leaderboard

#1 on Serebii's Battle Tower Record's List w/ 392 Straight Wins

#6 on Smogon's Battle Tower Record's List w/ 392 Straight Wins

4 Analyses on-site for Smogon: Glalie ; Shiftry Anti-Lead ; Crawdaunt ; Ninetales

3 Successful Smogon Warstories

6 Teams in the In-Game Team Rate Archive

1 Clan Co-Leader Position in Team Meal-Ticket

A ton of amazing friends

Well over 10,000 amazing battles

And an infinite supply of unforgettable memories

Just to name a few ; )

Vaporeon is the Pokemon that exemplifies me second-best, after Umbreon. I'm a compassionate person at heart (Wish Passing), but I can deal out damage if I need to (Base 110 SpA). I'm very introverted (High Def EVs), and I prefer to be calm (Water Typing). Also, I love swimming xD

~Last Look~
18.png
149.png
254.png
411.png
437.png
134.png

Conclusion: What I want you guys to take away from this is that it doesn't matter if you're new. It doesn't matter if you suck. It doesn't matter if you need practice. You can improve. You can become better. And if you want it badly enough, you can become one of the best. And this doesn't just apply to Pokemon either, it applies to life in general. Just keep striving, never give in, and, whether by complete accident or full intention, you'll achieve your goal.

Oh, and Ungulateman is whiny, so here:
212-m.png

MILTANK MAN RAWR

Alright, this is it. And now, for the final time in Gen IV, I leave you with my classic ending line:

Fire away, guys. I'm looking forward to this.

Last edited:
Very good team, and a very inspiring idea to it.

Now to the rate...
I am curious on why you put Shadow Ball on Vaporeon instead of Ice Beam or Hidden Power [Electric]. Is it for a hit on Shedinja? Is it for coverage (Ghost has poor coverage anyways.)? I'm not chastising you, I am just curious about it. Return is an option over Quick Attack on Pidgeot. This hits for more power in exchange for the lack of priority, if you don't mind that. Also, you kept your promise to Bossk on your 2nd last team. For Dragonite, I suppose you could have some more Attack EV's, but you are going to be DD'ing so I suppose it is all right. On Sceptile Dragon Pulse is another move over HP Fire, but then Steels wall this set, I think Dragon Pulse would be better if you had Focus Blast, but you need the moves for SubSeeding. Using Bastiodon is pretty interesting, I have no experience with it, I'll leave it to the others. I'm not sure why you have HP Electric on Bronzong. There should be some better moves for it, maybe Charge Beam, but you already have Calm Mind. I don't know what else. Flash Cannon could also work, but again, you are walled by steels, but this time it isn't THAT much of an issue because you are Calm Minding.

Again, this is an excellent team, and could potentially be archived. I hope you will move on to Gen 5, being an excellent rater and team builder.

Last edited:

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
^This team is really solid, but you knew that anyway so yeah.Dang, this was really inspiring and makes me want to try harder to become a better rater. I can definantly say Shuckle, you, peace and TBR have helped me with my teams very well, and it makes me want to work hard to become one of the greats one day. What a good way to close out your Gen IV RMT runthrough.

EDIT: You could put Return (or maybe Toxic?) over Quick Attack.

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
good job not including me on either of your teams dude

w/e

Rate-wise, I've always found Fire Punch a better option than Earthquake on bulky Dragonite. Just my thing.

Also, Ice Beam > Shadow Ball on Vaporeon.

But yeah, nice team.

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
Very good team, and a very inspiring idea to it.

And this is also exactly what I'd hoped for, the newer raters coming first.

Now to the rate...
I am curious on why you put Shadow Ball on Vaporeon instead of Ice Beam or Hidden Power [Electric]. Is it for a hit on Shedinja? Is it for coverage (Ghost has poor coverage anyways.)? I'm not chastising you, I am just curious about it.

Haha, I understand. However, Water + Ghost has almost perfect neutral coverage, only resisted by Bibarrel (lol), Empoleon, Dialgia, Grass+Darks, and Water+Darks, iirc. That's only seven Pokemon. I'd rather not be walled by Water-types or Dragon-types.

Return is an option over Quick Attack on Pidgeot. This hits for more power in exchange for the lack of priority, if you don't mind that. Also, you kept your promise to Bossk on your 2nd last team.

Noted, I just felt like being less standard.

For Dragonite, I suppose you could have some more Attack EV's, but you are going to be DD'ing so I suppose it is all right.

It hits 360 already, which is more than enough. After a single DD, it's unstoppable.

On Sceptile Dragon Pulse is another move over HP Fire, but then Steels wall this set, I think Dragon Pulse would be better if you had Focus Blast, but you need the moves for SubSeeding.

Yeah, but unfortunately I don't. Meh, nothing in-game is as fast as Sceptile anyway.

Using Bastiodon is pretty interesting, I have no experience with it, I'll leave it to the others.

In this capacity, it's more or less just an inferior Curse Registeel, but I wanted to be more original.

I'm not sure why you have HP Electric on Bronzong. There should be some better moves for it, maybe Charge Beam, but you already have Calm Mind. I don't know what else. Flash Cannon could also work, but again, you are walled by steels, but this time it isn't THAT much of an issue because you are Calm Minding.

Psychic + Electric gets good neutral coverage. *shrug* It was that or Fire, and I already had HP Fire on Sceptile. And no, there aren't any better moves for in-game on Bronzong.

Again, this is an excellent team, and could potentially be archived. I hope you will move on to Gen 5, being an excellent rater and team builder.

Haha, thanks. I probably will, but busy life is busy, so we'll see how active I'll be. Thanks for the rate.

^This team is really solid, but you knew that anyway so yeah. Dang, this was really inspiring and makes me want to try harder to become a better rater. I can definantly say Shuckle, you, peace and TBR have helped me with my teams very well, and it makes me want to work hard to become one of the greats one day. What a good way to close out your Gen IV RMT runthrough.

:D Thanks a lot, it means a lot to hear this from a newer rater.

EDIT: You could put Return (or maybe Toxic?) over Quick Attack.

Well, while Toxic is often useful on teams that lack a wallbreaker, this is in-game, lol. I don't really need it. Return could work, though. Thanks for rating.

good job not including me on either of your teams dude

w/e

...fine. But I doubt you're going to be happy with how I'm including you >: )

Rate-wise, I've always found Fire Punch a better option than Earthquake on bulky Dragonite. Just my thing.

Meh, I'm a fan of DracoQuake, but I do like a good Fire Punch. I'll consider it.

Also, Ice Beam > Shadow Ball on Vaporeon.

Nah, being walled by Water-types doesn't appeal to me. Water + Ghost hits everything but seven fully evolved Pokemon anyway, btw.

But yeah, nice team.

Thanks for rating it.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
Hurrays xD

Life Orb > Lefties for more initial power on Dragonite.. we have Roost for healing
after all.

and it's a good Pokemon, so I figured, "wynaut?"
lol.

Cool team (Probably the best that features raters.. since I'm in it xD)

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
^ yeah, both TBR and Shuckle included you though.

Another reason why he's not on there... the way he'd like xD

Toxic is no good for Pidgeot, it doesn't have the stalling ability.

Actually, this isn't true. Pidgeot can actually become quite a decent SubRoost staller, but it also has a unique niche with Featherdance, which allows it to stall even more. It's hardly the best, but it can pull it off.

Hurrays xD

Figured you'd be prety happy with this xD

Life Orb > Lefties for more initial power on Dragonite.. we have Roost for healing
after all.

No, Bulky DDNite is too beastly for words. It's the main niche it has over Salamence besides the Anti-Lead set, and I plan on abusing that to its fullest.

Such a cliched pun.

Cool team (Probably the best that features raters.. since I'm in it xD)

Nah, nothing will ever top TBR's One for the Raters. This is just an inspirational team, really.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
why none for me? i sucked at rating when i started out

anyway i see absolutely no fault to this team, they all balance well and seem to go together, for the first time since i started rating, i don't need to change a thing ;)

this thread touched my heart, then broke it, anyway, excellent job, you have grown since the little "ULTIMATE MOVES ARE PWNAGE" person you started out as

also, vaporeon wants ice beam over shadow ball

Eon Master

Born from the Flames
why none for me? i sucked at rating when i started out

This is true. You also improved, and I did consider you.

However, the only place I could fit you in would be with Tyrant, and that would not work... at all >_>

anyway i see absolutely no fault to this team, they all balance well and seem to go together, for the first time since i started rating, i don't need to change a thing ;)

Haha. That's fine.

this thread touched my heart, then broke it, anyway, excellent job, you have grown since the little "ULTIMATE MOVES ARE PWNAGE" person you started out as

Sorry. Thanks for rating, and for noticing ; )

also, vaporeon wants ice beam over shadow ball

http://i55.*******.com/nwzeyr.png
http://i56.*******.com/2wprsqd.png
Picture_2.png

NO GODDAMN ICE BEAM.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Ice Beam

A little BoltBeam weak, but really, what isn't?

HP [Electric] is meh on Bronzong imo, I'd go with
[Fighting] to cover dark types.

I was also terrible in my day, so ty Eon for not posting
my crap. ;D

Eon Master said:
incorrigible

Intelligent word is intelligent, English major approved.

Bossk

Like a champ.
Actually, this isn't true. Pidgeot can actually become quite a decent SubRoost staller, but it also has a unique niche with Featherdance, which allows it to stall even more. It's hardly the best, but it can pull it off.
Hardly the best?! Oh do I need to go over this with you on how amazing Pidgeot is? >:

Lol, I'm kidding not really, but thanks for including me as Pidgeot is in fact amazing. Pidgeot can do almost anything, really. If I haven't lost my pearl I could show you my 8 Pidgeots.

But thanks for including me, and I love your description for why me. xP CT really did make me better.

If anybody wants me crap advise, it's better when fun. And it's even funner when you win. So, do what I did. Make like a billion teams of random 6 Pokemon, look at their stats and moves and try to make something out of it. Then the raters will help you perfect it and then bam, you just perfected 6 Pokemon.

Tbh this team is just over the top and embodies everything I hate about IGRMT. 'One for the Raters' was really enough, my team (whatever it was called) was an obvious troll and GS's 3 years thingy at least has the dignity of being nothing more than a theme team which doesn't treat mortal humans as Gods like... hmm... this one?

Before you call me an arrogant noob impersonating someone with real experience, I would like you all (especially Eon) to hear me out. IGRMT should not be about a personal quest for recognition, as it seems to have become with all these 'commemoration' threads floating around. The goal of IGRMT is to help people with their teams - it's simple, voluntary work that people enjoy; the only incentive is the satisfaction of a job well. In my time here it seems to have tried to develop into something more that: a quest for power and influence over other raters. To me, this team exemplifies this perfectly, by 'commending' certain people, which seems all nice and good at first but will ultimately (if it hasn't already) inspire a competitive attitude that doesn't really belong here.

I would like to tell a story. When I came to IGRMT there were two people who really stood out to me - Eon Master and Chaotic Tyrant. Eon Master because he deliberately contradicted me at every turn, and Chaotic Tyrant because he kept not the section but Eon Master - in line. Chaotic Tyrant was an excellent rater, but was not a God like this thread suggests - he was wrong on several accounts. For example, he once told me to run 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe on a Kingdra in the BT, but these EVs were poor as they were not optimised for level 50. Sadly, I passed on this advice to too many hopefuls, whose teams were not the best they could be as a result.

I can live with a bit of competition, but what really pisses me off about this thread is how Eon Master over glorifies several - let's be honest - mediocre raters. Bossk became competent, but never 'one of the best raters... ever to set foot in this section'. Dan was a moron who did more damage to IGRMT than good - I don't care if he's improved. dpdude was nobody. TBR is by far the best rater here - Eon has neglected this section almost completely since January 2010 - but he isn't absolutely great, and he'll say so himself. He, however, was more committed than anyone else to this section, which is more than Eon Master ever was. Eon Master was only committed to himself. Look at his BT streaks and leaderboard rankings for the evidence.

Every person featured in this team is an example of what his doctrine accomplished. Eventually, he left during the worst period in IGRMT's history, leaving what was left of his crumbling dynasty to a few key people, myself grudgingly included. Alongside me were Ampy, AlCario, GrumpySnorlax(now known as Shuckle), Bossk, and of course, TheBlueRabbit. In addition to us, a few others who left with him, namely Ungulateman, Vaporeon4evr, and RayRay, came back for a while and lent a hand. We carried on his doctrine to the best of our ability, and it lives on not only in this section, but also in 5th Gen IGRMT.

What the fuck is this doctrine? Is it CT's habit of telling people they're stupid when they're stupid? That doesn't sound like much of a doctrine to me. It's barely even more than common sense. I would also like to point out that neither GS nor TBR was around back then.

Yes, I am one unhappy Magnezone. And this is only the tip of the iceberg, but I figured people would get sick of me ranting about Eon Master after a while.

This post probably has a lot of errors and stuff but I can't be bothered going through it because I honestly don't care what people here think of me, as you might have guessed.

Ampy

Light The Stars
Guys, I'm pretty sure it's obvious who the above poster is.

Although he was very blunt, I have to agree. IGRMT should not be competitive, and that's somewhat my fault looking at the numerous SCRMT's I posted in here. One of the reasons I was thinking of returning was because the section seemed so dead (ie, non-competitive) but this team shows me that the competitiveness isn't completely gone. As much as I like Mason (Bossk) alot of his past "rates" have just been him doing -

User said:

lol.

- And honestly most of these people haven't given a good rate for awhile now. Alex is a great rater and deserves praise for being one of the few people that's held this section together, along with Joe. Chaotic Tyrant was a great rater during his time here, but what is he doing now for the section? Nothing, and I honestly don't blame him because this place is pretty much the same hole it was when CT left where no one was improving, same good raters giving good rates and same bad raters giving bad rates. Albeit without as many flame wars. This section died with Al.

Last edited:
^ So you think the ranting guy was Al or Magnets, or both?

And I assume:

Alex = TBR
Joe = Shuckle
Mason = Bossk

And what do you mean by competitive?

I don't mean to sound hostile Ampy, I am just a bit confused, though that's mostly because I wasn't around in your time.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
insane clown, the kind of stuff people do here is HELPFUL it helps people, if you think being nice and giving them cookies for being terrible at movesets, you don't know jack sh**

insane clown, the kind of stuff people do here is HELPFUL it helps people, if you think being nice and giving them cookies for being terrible at movesets, you don't know jack sh**

Yeah, kinda also what I mean. After his post, this thread is becoming kinda like the 2nd sample team (just an observation). It is literally impossible to learn without a foundation, a motivation, CRITICISM. It is impossible to learn is SPPf, in school, and in work without this massively important factor.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I think both of you missed the point in "Insane Clown"'s post. Overglorifying people is not "helping" them, it makes them cocky. By rating a team you need to help the OP and the other raters. NO ONE is improving in this section, just the same good raters giving good rates and bad raters giving bad rates. The only improvement I've honestly seen in this section lately has been in Kerech's rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.