• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think it would have been better if Leavanny had won at least once.

And it would have been quite easy to do, they just had to give a Flying type move (like Aerial Ace or Air Slash in place of Razor Leaf) to Leavanny instead of giving Krookodile Aerial Ace.

Also i feel that Palpitoad's tie with Zebstrika is ok, considering that Palpitoad had defeated Elesa's Zebstrika in the past. So, a tie is better as a loss on Palpitoad side would have been bad and a win on its side would have made it look like the Zebstrika line is weak against Water-Ground types and can't even put up a fight against them.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Why are Ash's pokemon pulling new moves out of their rear end all of a sudden? And people have the nerve to give Axew a hard time for it. Another beautiful double standard.

I also couldn't help but laugh in sadness that Krookodile managed to get two wins while the other two got squat. It's a nice example of the writers playing favorites and making sure certain pokemon are made to look inferior over others.

Although the battle was fine, you might as well have called it the "krookodile show" because that's exactly what it was. And of course, the Krookodile stans are gonna eat it up.

We can say they learned new moves while at Juniper's. Axew is on her head 24/7 so axews new moves are complete asspulls.

We can say they learned new moves while at Juniper's. Axew is on her head 24/7 so axews new moves are complete asspulls.

Lies. They don't do anything at Juniper's besides stay in their pokeballs. This isn't Oak's laboratory where Ash's pokemon are vacationing in the backyard. I call asspulls on all these moves.

PokeMaster366

Leavanny's already gotten enough wins in all of his evolutionary stages, so I'm not sad about him biting the dust before KOing one of Stephan's Pokemon.

It's nice to see Ash using his Pokemon as more than just battering rams, and if Palpitoad's battle is any indication, he's actually using strategy again. Good work on Sludge Wave, too.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Lies. They don't do anything at Juniper's besides stay in their pokeballs. This isn't Oak's laboratory where Ash's pokemon are vacationing in the backyard. I call asspulls on all these moves.

Actually the correct answer should be, Ash trained with them off-screen and they learned those moves. Its even possible that Ash himself taught Krookodile Aerial Ace (considering that he knows how to teach that move since Hoenn).

But in Axew's case, it rarely is in battle. I even doubt that Iris trains it off-screen. The last on-screen battle Axew had was back in BWS2-01, and since then we haven't seen it take part in a practice battle (even against Ash's Scraggy), but it did help in controlling Hydreigon in BWS2-16, so these are the only plus points it got in these 22 episodes of the BWS2 series until now.

gliscor&yanmega

Dino, Katherine and the chubby kid advance to the top 8! :eek:

Were those characters at bottom left in previous don tournaments? I can't recognize them. o_O

Well, this episode proves Krookodile is the Charizard/Sceptile/Infernape of Unova :p nice battles for Palpitoad and Leavanny, great battle overall: 9.5/10 a -0.5 just because Palpitoad tie T_T at least Leavanny got wins at Roxie gym and JWC.

Ramone who was in Junior Cup, and Antonio who was in Don Battle.

Why are Ash's pokemon pulling new moves out of their rear end all of a sudden? And people have the nerve to give Axew a hard time for it. Another beautiful double standard.

I also couldn't help but laugh in sadness that Krookodile managed to get two wins while the other two got squat. It's a nice example of the writers playing favorites and making sure certain pokemon are made to look inferior over others.

Although the battle was fine, you might as well have called it the "krookodile show" because that's exactly what it was. And of course, the Krookodile stans are gonna eat it up.

Ash trains his Pokemon, sometimes that leads to new moves. The writers simply did it off screen.

It's not like Palpitoad and Leavanny didn't do anything of worth in the episode. Palpitoad tied with Zebstrika, and Leavanny did most of the damage against Sawk.

So no, this wasn't exactly "Krookodile show".

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

They are pulling moves out of their ***, it was the training they went through, Satoshi knew they add those attacks before the battle they didn't learn it in the battle.

Stop being biased and then call others stans, who the heck does give Axew a hard time? people want him to battle more, I don't see how you read that as giving him a hard time.

I don't see anyone happy Leavanny didnt get a win, liking Krokoodile or not.

One of the most biased person in the forum shouldn't have the rigth to call anyone stan.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Just a note in advance (will be deleted later): Please mind the recent announcement for your posts.

Thanks =)

It seems that even after you posted that, there was still chatroom commentary.
-

Anyway,

Liepard vs Krookodile
- I liked this fight although found it a bit meh. Too bad Leavanny couldn't be used to beat it. I did find it smart how Ash withdrew from revealing Aerial Ace to surprise Stephan and Sawk later on.

Zebstrika vs Palpitoad
- Great fight. I really liked Sludge Wave's animation and to top it all off, Palpitoad debuts it. A draw isn't bad, I guess that shows that Stephan's Zebstrika is a bit stronger than Elesa's. But wait... did it have all normal moves? Stomp, Giga Impact, Facade, and Double Edge? Oh yeah, and Supersonic working "properly" is a big plus. They can never decide on how Confusion should work.

Sawk vs Leavanny
- Another great fight, Leavanny was a boss. Although Leavanny resisted Sawk's moves and Sawk resisted X-Scissor, it was very intense. I guess using Bulk Up a few times does have it's advantages as it reduced the power of X-Scissor and Razor Leaf plus increased its attack power. Too bad it got knocked out even though Swarm activated.

Sawk vs Krookodile
- It was fast. In game terms this could be a a Revenge Killer. Pulled out Aerial Ace and wham.

*** felt very DP Ash in this episode so that was good. He never lost his cool. Imotaru was shown in the rival battles after Kotetsu, I found that incredibly weird and he has an Eelektross? So now he'll battle Virgil. I hope Virgil beats him for having Imotaru's family contribute to the awful Axew Gets Lost plot from the last episode.

Oh yeah and I guess Kotetsu didn't end up having Gigalith nor is it Ash's. Good. I was hopign it would belong to someone else, and behold, it belonged to Kenton who has now been revealed to have Golett and Gigalith. Funny how he has a good pokemon while Antonio has a Sandile and Ramone has Tranquill.

PsYcOjOhNnY

The Great Stickman!
I thought the episode was pretty cool, Ash rescanning Sawk.....Ugh. Typical ha ha

The aerial ace thing, yeah Ash has some experience teaching it to his Pokes so it makes sense. Leavanny should have gotten a win, but it still had an entertaining battle....and palpitoad using a new move that everyone called was good to finally see, and of course ending in a tie is ok with me.

I dont know about anyone else, but with his guys learning new moves and showing up with them is kind of entertaining for me. It keeps a sort of surprise instead of just knowing the 4 moves they can do. So seeing something new pop up is a little excitement to add to Ash's guys who we have already seen a bunch of times. So i like that aspect of it.

And yeah its funny how the forum reminder pops up to not do something and yet.....it still continues!

Heres hoping for some more excitement....gonna watch the next preview now!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
On another note, in a way i think that Cilan confirmed that a pokemon can know more than 4 moves and use them in battle (but i think the rule of 4 moves per battle still applies for the writers).

This is because when Ash sent Palpitoad against Stephan's Zebstrika, Bianca noted that Zebstrika was a bit uncomfortable, to which Cilan answered that it is understandable as two of Zebstrika's main moves i.e., Thunderbolt and Flame Charge are useless in front of a Water-Ground type like Palpitoad.

After this comment, Stephan made Zebstrika use 4 moves (all Normal types), out of which 2 were new moves.

This in a way proved that Zebstrika atleast knows 6 moves at that moment. If it didn't, then Cilan wouldn't have commented like that to Bianca.

Another fact is that, it seems that neither Cilan nor Iris knew about Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace. Did Ash really do some off-screen secret training which even Cilan and Iris don't know about.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Satoshi vs. KenIyan
He said his name right rofl
Ahaha Dento’s not afraid of Liepard
I hate that guy’s eyebrows ._.
Claw vs. Claw
Gawd I love Lieparrd soo cool X3
>.< JENNA YOU INTERRUPTED DEnTO’S BEAUTIFUL VOICE
I heard him go “mmm” though <3
OH gawd I hate that. Pokemon X looks like it’s terribly hurt. Pokemon Y smirks and then falls over like it had a heart attack
OOH Zebstrika glowed x3
Ugh Zebstrika has the most annoying voice ever
Slude wave…..oh gawd. I saw that once…in someone’s kidney D8
HAHA PALPI JUST WENT FLYING xD
I love how when Dento explains things he actually has some perks in his voice and isn’t all monotone like it’s boring
LOL DENTO’S EYES HMMMM
Aw he shoulda used his tail
Oh crap. That’s the worst. Being poisoned AND confused D;
Yes Stephan. I feel that way too when that happens to me in game
NO ASH WHY PUT ThAT ThING AWAY IT’S NOT PROPER AT ThE LEAGUE D;
Aw I love Leavanny <3
But I think it would have been much more badass as a Sewaddle nomming on Sawk >:3
OOH cool! Swarm activated
Aw man
I thought Leavanny would have won D;
I totally want a Krookodile and Leavanny now XD
Beware of flying gators. Man all this time I thought feeding them were the deadly things D;
AHAhAh JUST FOUND GIGALITH. XDD Good job Riolu. XDD
Lol that food looks good. xD Dento just said something about top service
Iris really refined her manners after Episode 8. That’s called DEVELOPMENT. I wanted there to be this whole story plot of Dento having to make her refined and polite I GUESS IT HAPPENED. OFF SCREEN
PPFTT Bed scene. Looks like they are making bets seeing whether ash or kotetsu will win llo.
KOTETSU’S TENT KOTETSU’S TENT RIGHT ThERe xDDD
I love Kotetsu’s laugh XD

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
On another note, in a way i think that Cilan confirmed that a pokemon can know more than 4 moves and use them in battle (but i think the rule of 4 moves per battle still applies for the writers).

This is because when Ash sent Palpitoad against Stephan's Zebstrika, Bianca noted that Zebstrika was a bit uncomfortable, to which Cilan answered that it is understandable as two of Zebstrika's main moves i.e., Thunderbolt and Flame Charge are useless in front of a Water-Ground type like Palpitoad.

After this comment, Stephan made Zebstrika use 4 moves (all Normal types), out of which 2 were new moves.

This in a way proved that Zebstrika atleast knows 6 moves at that moment. If it didn't, then Cilan wouldn't have commented like that to Bianca.

Another fact is that, it seems that neither Cilan nor Iris knew about Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace. Did Ash really do some off-screen secret training which even Cilan and Iris don't know about.

Or Cilan just based his comments off previous battles Zebstrika has had as it didn't use Flame Charge vs the Braviary guy and used Thunderbolt, Wild Charge, Giga Impact I believe.

I don't think one would take his comments literally. He could have probably also based his comments on Palpitoad's battle with Elesa having Wild Charge and Flame Charge been a bit useless. One summary stated that Ash and Stephan knew each other's pokemon well so he probably expected him to choose Palpitoad vs Zebstrika and thus taught Zebstrika normal moves to deal with it.

Since Leavanny lost, does that mean Snorlax keeps his record as the only Pokemon Ash has to never faint in battle before getting a win?

RVD_fan

So it was aerial ace? I thought it was just some weird flying clothesline thing.

On the whole I enjoyed this battle, it was just what I expected from a battle between these two, fast-paced. And I liked that the Sawk/Krookodile match didn't last that long after the Leavanny/Sawk match and established both of them as being on their last legs.

Also, I thought it was awesome that they called back to Leavanny having swarm from the Burgundy evaluation (assuming that was intentional).

Edit: Also, I've been avoiding spoilers, but I really hope that other guy isn't gonna be our new Tobias...

Last edited:

Rohanator

I personally prefer Glalie's record of never even getting a loss..

Glalie lost against a Misdreavus (by Destiny Bond though).

Anyway, REALLY enjoyed this battle. I was going crazy during Palpitoad's fight, punching the air and yelling at my boy not to lose. When he got hit by Facade and got blasted at the wall I nearly got a heart attack. Sludge Wave was amazing though and the other new moves were great too. I'm fine with Palpitoad tieing and Leavanny losing, both did some great work.

One thing really trolled me here though. THE F*CKING GIGALITH. I swear to god, I am never ever ever ever putting any faith into calendars again lmao. On the other hand I'm fine since I've always kinda preferred Boldore's design and seeing my boy Gantle go would've been hard. But I was already getting used to the thought of Gigalith. Oh well. Maybe it'll still happen.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Antonio and Dino are in the top 8 WHOHOHOHO GOOD TIMES!

But that aside, I really didn't have any problems with Leavanny losing, it put up a good fight, but I think they needed to remind us that Sawk is still Kenyans's strongest Pokemon. And I swear, Ash looked all smug when he ordered that Aerial Ace! (I wasn't even sure what move it was, it looked so funny :'D ) It was awesome.