• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm kind of annoyed that Krookodile got two wins in this battle. Krookodile should have been brought out before Leavanny and lost, while Leavanny would win the match. It just goes to show who the same Pokemon getting wins are.

Rohanator

It was a tie, I don't think has actually lost a battle yet. It beat a Charizard, and a Beltang as it's last victories IIRC.
Oh right, of course a tie because of Destiny Bond(derp moment lol). So yeah I guess Glalie hasn't had an actual loss despite being taken down once. Pretty awesome, I personally like the thing a lot. : ] Wish he appeared a bit more.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So saw the episode finally pretty nice battle.

Basicly Liepard had a close figth with Krokoodile, Krok won but was tired, Liepard not getting any win
Zebstrika and Palpitoad draw in a battle that seems, Zebstrika had the power advantage but Palpitoad was able to counter using his status effect moves
Leavanny loses to Sawk but gets him really tired, basicly the first matchup but this time in Kenyan favour instead of Satoshi
Sawk and Krokoodile figth both really tired, Krokoodile is able to pull a super effective move and beats it

I'm completelly fine with everything that happened actually, even though I wouldn't mind Leavanny drawing instead of Palpitoad but that would mean Palpitoad would take a loss.

shac

Was that facade, the move Zebstrika used? The episode seemed alright. Good thinking on Ash's part. It's refreshing to see him actually strategise every once in a while.

Ash trains his Pokemon, sometimes that leads to new moves. The writers simply did it off screen.

It's not like Palpitoad and Leavanny didn't do anything of worth in the episode. Palpitoad tied with Zebstrika, and Leavanny did most of the damage against Sawk.

So no, this wasn't exactly "Krookodile show".

That's a nice convenient excuse. But honestly, if Ash's pokemon are "training" off-screen, then that means Axew must be too. I hate how people give the little guy such a hard time just because he isn't independent.

They are pulling moves out of their ***, it was the training they went through, Satoshi knew they add those attacks before the battle they didn't learn it in the battle.

Stop being biased and then call others stans, who the heck does give Axew a hard time? people want him to battle more, I don't see how you read that as giving him a hard time.

I don't see anyone happy Leavanny didnt get a win, liking Krokoodile or not.

One of the most biased person in the forum shouldn't have the rigth to call anyone stan.

Why am I being labeled as the bad guy when I just want the best for everyone? I don't support one pokemon being glorified while the rest are made to look inferior. I'm not against Krookodile getting a win, but taking two wins while Leavanny and Palpitoad bite the dust is just unacceptable. I don't care how "cool" you think Krookodile is....the last thing we need is another Infernape glorification.

This could've been the battle where people finally see Leavanny and Palpitoad as real competitors on Ash's team, but the result was Krookodile taking all the glory. Smh!

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Who is calling you the bad guy? I'm refuting your statements I would like to see Leavanny have a win in the league but why do Satoshi pokemon have to always beat a rival pokemon before losing but the rivals don't?

The solution here would be have another 6vs6 and give a win to everyone, not change this figths, if Leavanny didnt make Sawk super tired Krokoodile wouldn't be able to beat it, anyone who watches the episode knows that.

Last league we got a draw in a 3vs3 also Quilava vs Armaldo and we got a lot of pokemon that didn't even get a win(granted that besides Torterra the others didn't really need it, maybe Torkoal too).

Like I said in my other post, the Sawk vs Leavanny battle is the inversion of roles of the first battle Liepard vs Krokoodile, a close figth that one pokemon won when he was almost beaten, then two almost beaten pokemon fougth each other, imagine Sawk would be the one beating Krokoodile and Leavanny, we would have to give credit to Liepard for tiring out Krokoodile.

So once again the solution would be another figth not conviniently make it always.

SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
SP vs RP - Satoshi loses
SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
SP vs RP - Satoshi loses

SP- Satoshi pokemon
RP- Rival pokemon

And so on, that way we would never see something diferent.

Why is Krokoodile the new Infernape? because it beat Dragonite, Sawk and Liepard?

It has 4 wins and usually spaced besides this two wins he got here, he isn't constantly taking wins from other pokemon, the argument can be made for Pikachu but not him.

Who cares how cool he is, I treat Satoshi pokemon the same.

Edit: fixed the typo Pokefandt

Anyway dunno if I mentioned in my other posts but Sludge Wave looked awesome

Last edited:

pokefandt

Who is calling you the bad guy? I'm refuting your statements I would like to see Leavanny have a win in the league but why do Satoshi pokemon have to always beat a rival pokemon before losing but the rivals don't?

The solution here would be have another 6vs6 and give a win to everyone, not change this figths, if Leavanny didnt make Sawk super tired Krokoodile wouldn't be able to beat it, anyone who watches the episode knows that.

Last league we got a draw in a 3vs3 also Quilava vs Armaldo and we got a lot of pokemon that didn't even get a win(granted that besides Torterra the others didn't really need it, maybe Torkoal too).

Like I said in my other post, the Sawk vs Leavanny battle is the inversion of roles of the first battle Liepard vs Krokoodile, a close figth that one pokemon won when he was almost beaten, then two almost beaten pokemon fougth each other, imagine Sawk would be the one beating Krokoodile and Leavanny, we would have to give credit to Liepard for tiring out Krokoodile.

So once again the solution would be another figth not conviniently make it always.

SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
SP vs RP - Satoshi loses
SP vs RP - Satoshi wins
SP vs RP - Satoshi loses

SP- Satoshi pokemon
RP- Rival pokemon

And so on, that way we would never see something diferent.

Why is Krokoodile the new Infernape? because it beat Dragonite, Sawk and Sawk?

It has 4 wins and usually spaced besides this two wins he got here, he isn't constantly taking wins from other pokemon, the argument can be made for Pikachu but not him.

Who cares how cool he is, I treat Satoshi pokemon the same.

He beat Sawk twice?

This was a pretty cool battle. I really wished Leavanny had one but he did show off how awesome a bug type can be. I'm firmly in the camp of Leavanny weakening Sawk gave Krookodile the edge he needed.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
^typo dude

Just saw the episode myself, for a three vs three fight it was pretty good.

Kinda suprised Cilan's not scared of Liepard though, he's scared of Purrloin so why not it's evo?

I'm curious as to what moves Zebstrika was using other than Stomp and Giga Impact, seemed to me like one was Take Down, but i'm not sure, either way that was a good battle, even if Palpitoad faught to a draw it now has a fourth move and it went down swinging.

Stephan's Sawk though, I mean dang that thing is a freaking beast.

I'm happy we got to see Swarm now as well, I was wondering what color the power surrounding the pokemon would be.

Krok using Aerial Ace...intresting choice (made me think of Brycen's Beartic, I wonder if that's why it got the move) Still if it gave up Crunch then that's not good.

Now it's on to Ash vs Kotetsu and here's Ghetsis' pokemon, here's hoping they'll play the music next episode (probably not but i'd love it) Was expecting to see Iris react to it, but I guess there wasn't enough time now, she probably will next week.

gohan5

Irisboy
Kinda suprised Cilan's not scared of Liepard though, he's scared of Purrloin so why not it's evo?

Honestly, I forgot about that haha. But then again I didn't expect much from Cilan in that fear of his ^^;

I'm curious as to what moves Zebstrika was using other than Stomp and Giga Impact, seemed to me like one was Take Down, but i'm not sure, either way that was a good battle, even if Palpitoad faught to a draw it now has a fourth move and it went down swinging.

I believe Zebstrika used the moves Stomp, Double-Edge, Facade and Giga Impact.

Krok using Aerial Ace...intresting choice (made me think of Brycen's Beartic, I wonder if that's why it got the move) Still if it gave up Crunch then that's not good.

That was my guess on how it learned the move. Ash already has some experience teaching Aerial Ace and Krookodile has faced the move head on while battling Brycen's Beartic, so it was easier to learn. I don't think Krookodile will permanently forget Crunch (the only Dark type move it knows now) but probably rotate it's moves, a la Pansage or Zebstrika (in this episode). I believe Ash taught Krokodile that move fully expecting to come up against Stephan's Sawk, or just to cover it's weakness to Fighting type Pokemon.

Oh my Arceus was this episode good. Liepard vs Krookodile was amazing, Palpitoad vs Zebstrika was okay, but seeing him perform Sludge Wave was really impressive. But, I loved when Leavanny dodged Sawk's Close Combat, fantastic. :D

Pokeballs

Custom Torkoal 01
Oh right, of course a tie because of Destiny Bond(derp moment lol). So yeah I guess Glalie hasn't had an actual loss despite being taken down once. Pretty awesome, I personally like the thing a lot. : ] Wish he appeared a bit more.

Also tied with Sceptile

J Ken

RAVE
It was kinda weird to see Zebstrika with no electric moves at all and only normal moves. Sawk vs Krookodile ended faster then I expected but I still wish Leavanny was the one to beat Sawk so there wouldn't have been a fall guy. (except Liepard)

I expected Kotetsu to use Hydreigon early, I just wonder who Ash will send out first to take it on?

STICKTOPIA

Glad to finally see Palpitoad back! I wish it won but I guess they didn't want another repeat of it defeating zebstrika. Nice to see Krookodile winning against Liepard but Leavanny should have defeated Sawk. It did so well. Ahh well what can we do.... So now this demon dragon of a pokemon is out. Can't WAIT to see this!

Why are Ash's pokemon pulling new moves out of their rear end all of a sudden? And people have the nerve to give Axew a hard time for it. Another beautiful double standard.

I also couldn't help but laugh in sadness that Krookodile managed to get two wins while the other two got squat. It's a nice example of the writers playing favorites and making sure certain pokemon are made to look inferior over others.

Although the battle was fine, you might as well have called it the "krookodile show" because that's exactly what it was. And of course, the Krookodile stans are gonna eat it up.

Ash was given a three months to train. The writers obviously didn't want to bore us by showing those training things. New moves were always expected from them. I'm sorry but you are horribly biased.

And Krookodile didn't hoard on Leavanny's win. It was Leavanny's Win! Krookodile only used Aerial Ace to finish what Leavanny done. Leavanny was shown as a ****ing hero. Anyone who saw the episode and is not being biased would say this. Krookodile barely battled Sawk, it wasn't even a proper battle. It was just to show how powerful Sawk. It justified the writers showing Sawk as super powerful Pokemon in the Donamite.

Just to remind you again. It was Levanny's win, Krookodile only used a finishing move.

Lucario At Service;15469964[B said:
]On another note, in a way i think that Cilan confirmed that a pokemon can know more than 4 moves and use them in battle (but i think the rule of 4 moves per battle still applies for the writers).[/B]

This is because when Ash sent Palpitoad against Stephan's Zebstrika, Bianca noted that Zebstrika was a bit uncomfortable, to which Cilan answered that it is understandable as two of Zebstrika's main moves i.e., Thunderbolt and Flame Charge are useless in front of a Water-Ground type like Palpitoad.

After this comment, Stephan made Zebstrika use 4 moves (all Normal types), out of which 2 were new moves.

This in a way proved that Zebstrika atleast knows 6 moves at that moment. If it didn't, then Cilan wouldn't have commented like that to Bianca.

Another fact is that, it seems that neither Cilan nor Iris knew about Krookodile knowing Aerial Ace. Did Ash really do some off-screen secret training which even Cilan and Iris don't know about.

You may be correct, but it also might be possible that players are supposed to fix their Pokemon's moves while entering the Pokemon itself. I think Stephan expected Ash to use one of his two ground types. Of course he used both of them, but that's another thing. So maybe Stephan teaching Zebstrika all four normal move might be his strategy. But I think it is also the writer's mistake. They didn't imagine the scenario when Ash wouldn't use Palpitoad against Zebstrika. It's just a minor flaw. Normally they should have done things like they did with Elesa.

I'm kind of annoyed that Krookodile got two wins in this battle. Krookodile should have been brought out before Leavanny and lost, while Leavanny would win the match. It just goes to show who the same Pokemon getting wins are.

I don't see how Leavanny not getting the win matters. It was responsible for putting down Sawk. That's what matters. Leavanny need not win to prove its strength. Krookodile's win wasn't even a win, it was Leavanny's win.

One more thing, there is a flaw in your logic. If Krookodile was sent against a full-strength Sawk, Krookodile would have been demolished. So your assumption that Krookodile sent before Leavanny is wrong. Sending Leavanny makes complete sense logically.

That's a nice convenient excuse. But honestly, if Ash's pokemon are "training" off-screen, then that means Axew must be too. I hate how people give the little guy such a hard time just because he isn't independent.

Why am I being labeled as the bad guy when I just want the best for everyone? I don't support one pokemon being glorified while the rest are made to look inferior. I'm not against Krookodile getting a win, but taking two wins while Leavanny and Palpitoad bite the dust is just unacceptable. I don't care how "cool" you think Krookodile is....the last thing we need is another Infernape glorification.

This could've been the battle where people finally see Leavanny and Palpitoad as real competitors on Ash's team, but the result was Krookodile taking all the glory. Smh!

Krookodile isn't Infernape. It is not the Infernape of Unova. I think you haven't even watched the episode. You might be commenting after watching episode pictures or reading synopsis. Why do you care about wins? It's not the end result but the struggle that matters. Leavanny struggling to weaken Sawk, and Krookodile finishing it was realistic. Sawk was shown to be Kenyan's best Pokemon. It's only obvious that Ash couldn't defeat it so easily. This battle is perfect. But of course all you care is counting wins, and using them to use words like 'glorification' 'DEM' etc.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
After watching the episode, the phrase "if you've seen one Pokemon battle, you've seen them all" suddenly came to mind. Like really, that was the most boring battle I've seen in a long time. I don't completely blame Ash for that though; it's Stephan that was the problem. I've just never found him to be interesting in the slightest and his Pokemon are also incredibly bland. Long story short, I couldn't get into the battle. But back to Ash, even though he wasn't the main issue here, it was still a huge disappointment that his Pokemon used several new moves right out of the blue. And I'm not accepting the tired "he trained them off-screen" excuse. It doesn't justify the deus ex machina. But again, it wasn't all-bad. At least Ash's reserve Pokemon got some screen-time. That's always a good thing.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
After watching the episode, the phrase "if you've seen one Pokemon battle, you've seen them all" suddenly came to mind. Like really, that was the most boring battle I've seen in a long time.
I'm not here to fight with you about your opinion... (entirely)...

but I found this to be one of the best battles this season. If not the best one...:/...

I am also very easily accepting of the whole "new moves" thing...Its a style different from DP, and makes it so the transition back to DP like battles (Forgive me for compaing the two -.-) really easy. Or heck, This battle had its own unique flair to it...The battle was fast paced, close, and made sense. (discounting the logical fally that would make all battles boring).

I loved leveany here... I don't care if it got a win, it kicked ***, and battle looked awesome. I only had two minor flaws...

First of all, that was some incrediabtly cheap use of animation redux there...
Stephan: Karate Chop! *Comes down from above*
Ash: Dodge!
*insert the same clip that was used for dodging close combat*
....................that killed the scene a little bit for me. >3>

and the other was how awkward Krokodile looked in the animation...I couldn't explain it, but something was off...oh well, thats really minor. Great battle overall. :D

gohan5

Irisboy
After watching the episode, the phrase "if you've seen one Pokemon battle, you've seen them all" suddenly came to mind. Like really, that was the most boring battle I've seen in a long time. I don't completely blame Ash for that though; it's Stephan that was the problem. I've just never found him to be interesting in the slightest and his Pokemon are also incredibly bland. Long story short, I couldn't get into the battle. But back to Ash, even though he wasn't the main issue here, it was still a huge disappointment that his Pokemon used several new moves right out of the blue. And I'm not accepting the tired "he trained them off-screen" excuse. It doesn't justify the deus ex machina. But again, it wasn't all-bad. At least Ash's reserve Pokemon got some screen-time. That's always a good thing.

I would agree with you if Ash's Pokemon learned these moves mid-battle, which is what people have been complaining about (along with mid-battle evos) for most of the region. But Ash went into the battle fully knowing, and even adding to his strategy, the new moves of his Pokemon. So yes, the "he trained them off-screen" excuse actually holds up here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Poor Leavanny......he should of beat Liepard :(....

gliscor&yanmega

Not an excuse, the writers imply it well enough that Ash trains off-screen.

Anyone who can't see that the writers did in fact portray Leavanny and Palpitoad as capable Pokemon here are just overreacting. Palpitoad and Zebstrika ended in a draw, Leavanny did the most damage against Sawk, you don't need to win to be known as a "competitor" it's how you battle is what determines how good you are.