1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Strong Strategy Steals the Show! (767)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Dec 13, 2012.

1. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

At this point I even agree, it's one thing to dex a Pokemon once a generation on the account its dex entry MIGHT be different but 3 times in one generation? I would expect twice on the account each game version's Pokedex is different.

But if it's just going to be a slight rewrite, what's the point?

Ash scans his own Pokemon for information on moves, I doubt the same can be said about the opponent's Pokemon.

I mean really, I guess I have to agree with the person who said that the anime is contracted to use Pokedex entries in like every episode.

Or I guess it's because they have nothing to fill that time with but Pokedex entries. I guess it's their way of being lazy.

Because I can't see how someone missing the last episode with Sawk being Pokedexed is so relevant to the decision.

2. WaterDragon trainer

WaterDragon trainer Freak Like Me

This certainly was a pretty good episode. It was nice to see some interesting attacks/ability make its anime debut in the forms of Sludge Wave, Facade, and Swarm. The battle between Stephan and Ash went really well.

3. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

What dman said, best episode of the Unove League. 4/5 of it is all about Ash VS Stephan, and it was trutfully the best battle I've seen in this league. Palpitoad and Levanny were both incredible by Ash's command. Props to him for unleashing a Poisionfusion tactice, and having Swarm activated upon Levanny. Krookodile was bad*** as usual, and that last minute Aerial Ace was killer.

I won't be surprised if this battle isn't topped by the remaining to come. No surprise.

Surprised, however, that Hydreigon is shown at the very end. Why do this when the next episode is titled all about the Pokemon, aka the "Secret Weapon"? Hype I guess.

Nice to see the other Top 8 shown all together during the battle. Katharine~

4. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Facade already debuted back in the Battle Frontier. Lucy's Mioltic used it against Pikachu

5. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the dub just as much as the Japanese version. That's pretty good. I know I'm not going to enjoy the next two dub episodes, now especially with Cameron's annoying dub voice.

6. Orton155

Orton155 Pokemon Enthusiast

This episode was pretty good. I found the battle between Ash and Stephan amazing but for me I don't consider it an epic, maybe because it was only a 3 v 3 battle. I particularly enjoyed the use of Palpitoad and Leavanny in this battle. Both were used in different ways which spiced up the battle. As for stephan, his pokemon and strategies weren't groundbreaking but he still put up a good fight.

Now just a quick mention for the upcoming battle, Ash vs Cameron. Is it just me or was hydreigon really unexpected as Cameron's secret weapon because in my opinion it really doesn't suit him.

Anyway, good episode and onto the next one!

MockingJ likes this.
  7. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Haha, this episode is awesome! Ash vs Stephan, great battle! Up first Liepard!

I thought the idea of Krookodile being the star of the battle was pretty cool, Krookodile vs Liepard was nice and I like the battle scenes with Dragon Claw vs Shadow Claw too. So Palpitoad vs Zebstrika was pretty good too, with Stephan having a strategy made it seem like more of a challenge. I like Palpitoad's new move, Sludge Wave and its animation. :O

I really like Leavanny vs Sawk most of all along with Krookodile vs Sawk, both showed awesome new moves in battle. It was cool to see Leavanny using X-Scissor and to activate his ability; Swarm. Lol, at flying Krookodile using Aerial Ace. Anyway, great battle, I really enjoyed it. Nice to see Ash and Stephan's friendly rivalry in action both battle and eating. XD

Up next Cameron's secret weapon! I'm really looking forward to it, as for this episode its awesome!

8. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

These are the writers refreshing the memories for the little kids who might not remember who these pokemon are. I got over it. You should to.

9. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

Yeah, its pretty clear Ash doesn't just scan Pokemon he hasn't seen before. Maybe, its for other reasons but at least he's actually using his Pokedex again.

Its nothing new anyway, its always been going on.

MockingJ likes this.
  10. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I enjoyed Stephan's and Ash's battle. I thought it was cool that Cameron slept in the stadium and loved seeing his secret weapon was Hydreigon

11. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Why would little kids forget Sawk... Stephan's only been using him since it's debut. If your entering the show this late, your not a fan

12. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Great episode. Stephan and Ash both fought well, I was amazed. Showing off Krookodile, Palpitoad, Leavanny, Liepard, Zebstrika, and Sawk and their moves were all great. Great battle overall. But the upcoming match between Ash and Cameron...oh boy, it's not going to go well.

13. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

Ok battle certainly better done than the Trip battle. Unfortunately that was ruined by Ash vs. Cameron, is Cameron really that popular that he warrants a 6 on 6 battle for a character only introduced a couple of episodes back as opposed to Trip?

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Danger is dangerous."

Pretty sure Japan even hates Cameron.

15. the1stpkmnfan

the1stpkmnfan Your Big Buff Bro

Speaking of Cameron, I have a feeling something will make the general audience hate on him even more.

16. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

No, I think I have been watching the show probably longer than you have, that's why I said it's not big deal anymore that Ash scans pokemon or not anymore. People shouldn't act like it's rare that Ash does this when he has done it lots of times.

17. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

No you don't get it.

It pisses us off to see the show wasting ~30 seconds on scanning a Pokemon we've seen being scanned like 3 times in one generation.

It would be the equivalent of Ash using his Pokedex on Pikachu every time Pikachu got focused on in an episode.

It's about the unnecessary need to irritate the people who watch it, intentionally and unintentionally.

It's not about Ash's character always doing this (because he shouldn't, it's irritating plain and simple, and I can't defend Ash when he scans a Pokemon more than once a generation, and there's nothing new the Pokedex has to offer unless it's specifically his Pokemon that learned a new move after evolving.

18. AmbipomMaster

AmbipomMaster #TeamInstinct

Well, today was airing Ash's battle against Elesa, and comparing this episode to that Gym Battle, Ash has come a long way. It's the first planned out battle I've seen in BW. I only wish the writers continued to keep Ash like this.

As much as people saying they're gonna hate it, I'm excited to see Ash vs. Cameron! Should be good (though I know Ash loses...)

MockingJ likes this.
  19. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Danger is dangerous."

^ Dude, spoilers! Don't ruin it!

20. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

You are so right. Read the spoilers to see it:
    Cameron only brings five Pokémon to a six-on-six battle against Ash because he thought that it was only a five-on-five battle. He still manages to defeat Ash. Fortunately, he gets massacred by Virgil in the very next battle. But still, Ash regresses and despite getting a Top 8 rank, he's far worse than he was in Hoenn or Johto.

MockingJ likes this.