• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stronger Trainers?

Diamond Darkrai

Hi,

I have a few questions such as:

I have heard a few rumors about Pokemon Trainers becomming Stronger.

Is it true that:
1.When you did 5x a VS Seeker battle against the same guy that his pokemon get stronger?

2. When you defeat the Pokemon League 20x Pokemon Trainers become Stronger?

Please Discuss and tell me if it's true or not, if possible could you give your own experience (if you had any) in these situations?

Thank you!

Diamond Darkrai

1. im pretty sure depending on the last gym you beat, trainers pokemon might evolve, and have higher levels when re-challenged.

2. when you re-challenge the elite 4 for a second time, their pokemons levels go up.

1. i've got all my badges.

2. i've beaten the Elite 4 over 50 times..

Aleh

«Last Hope»
They should become stronger as you battle them.

Kalosian

So long
1.When you did 5x a VS Seeker battle against the same guy that his pokemon get stronger?

2. When you defeat the Pokemon League 20x Pokemon Trainers become Stronger?
1. Most of the time, yes, but before it happens, you might need complete certain events such as defeating the Elite Four or catching Heatran (I think). And some trainers do not get stronger at all.

2. From what I know, this only applies to your rival. If you defeat the Elite Four 10 times, the levels of his Pokemon will increase with 10, and if you defeat the Elite Four 20 times, they will increase with 20.

Cutty

Forever now
I know a pi with goldeen/seaking outside Veilstone City who becomes stronger after I beat him a few times.
Thats the only trainer I remember.

Diamond Darkrai

Thanks all, does anyone know more pokemon trainers that become stronger?

Last edited:

Sealotic

I was often using the Vs seeker and I never noticed that.
When I looked at the thread I said too myself ''Ah, it's impossible'', but after viewing the posts above...

Personally, I defeat one trainer for like 30 times and it didn't get stronger, so it never happened to me.