• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strongest attack by any of ash's mons? (no movies)

which?

• Pikachu Volt tail combo vs tobias' latios

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Pikachu VT vs brandon's regice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charizard overheat vs articuno

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Pikachu Thunder vs drake's dragonite

• Greninja giant water shuriken vs sawyer's mega sceptile

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Greninja gatorade disc vs alain's mega charizard X

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pikachu 10MV TB vs motherbeast

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pikachu thundurus-powered electroball

• other

• Total voters

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I was meaning to make this topic for a while but never got around to it, so yeah. IMO, if going by which seemed like the strongest, I'd say either the gatorade shuriken or 10mv vs motherbeast (the one vs mimikyu seemed weaker due to the lack of a blood-curling scream), but the lack of any indicator of damage in both cases makes it so that visible/tangible feats-wise, I'd say that it's between the giant water shuriken vs m sceptile and the volt tail combo (the latter pierced through an attack that OHKO'd ash's amazingly tanky swellow, while the former was the final blow to sawyer's m sceptile, which was already portrayed as very powerful and not much of a slouch defense-wise either)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Pikachu's Thunderbolt is the obvious winner to the point I don't know if there should be a debate on this lol.

Onix? Fainted. Golem? Fainted. The legendary Golem, Regice? Fainted! Remember Tobias's Latios? Fainted! Tyranitar? Fainted. Metagross! Fainted! Ash Ketchum? FATALITY!

EDIT: A couple of these were won through Volt Tackles, specifically the legendaries. Guess that makes Volt Tackle Pikachu's strongest move... yet lol.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Ash-Greninja’s Giant Water Shurkien is visually implied to have roughly the same power as Alain’s Mega Charizard X’s final Blast Burn (which A-G loosing due to MC-X’s insane durability) which no other move used by an Ash Pokémon till date is matching. I will admit that 10MVT from Peak mode Pikachu would probably surpass this, but that has yet to happen (Ultra Space Pikachu was nowhere near Peak lvls).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash-Greninja’s Giant Water Shurkien is visually implied to have roughly the same power as Alain’s Mega Charizard X’s final Blast Burn (which A-G loosing due to MC-X’s insane durability) which no other move used by an Ash Pokémon till date is matching. I will admit that 10MVT from Peak mode Pikachu would probably surpass this, but that has yet to happen (Ultra Space Pikachu was nowhere near Peak lvls).
true, though the lack of any indication of damage in MCX or even regular charizard was odd (for a while I even theorized it was somehow a healing move)

Genaller

Silver Soul
true, though the lack of any indication of damage in MCX or even regular charizard was odd (for a while I even theorized it was somehow a healing move)
While it was executed half-heartedly, MC-X did stagger which is usually an indicator that the battle was close (an example in the Pokémon anime would be Grovyle vs Slaking 5th Hoenn gym Battle where Grovyle staggers after their final move clash). For comparison MC-X doesn’t stagger against Mega Houndoom (eventhough in that instance MC-X was substantially drained from a stamina standpoint and while he did heal between some battles, we know that he wasn’t at a 100% going into vs MDoom due to having visible bruise marks). He does show exhaustion, but that’s expected given he went through 10 ME Pokémon in a row.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Ash-Greninja's Destructo Disc Giant Orange Water Shuriken vs Alain's Mega Charizard X. While it's really disappointing that such a prolific, amazing and stunning looking move ended up in a failure and not of much significance in the course of the fight from Ash's perspective, judging from the visual implication of the collision of MCX's final Blast Burn and Orange Shuriken it is reasonable to assume that both of the two finisher moves roughly had a similar amount of power, because the collision of the two moves looked like pretty much equal/stalemate. The fiery part (which was obviously created via Blast Burn) and the watery part of the explosion (which was obviously created via Orange Shuriken) were roughly equal in terms of size and after the energy impact of the explosion part was over, if the examine the smoke clouds of the explosion, the black part of the smoke cloud and the while part of the smoke cloud were depicted as almost absolutely equal in size, which further indicates that the power of the two final finisher moves of MCX and A-G which caused that gigantic explosion, were more of less, roughly equal in power.

LwEATKs.jpg
oBWIuIP.gif

The reason of MCX still coming out on top after that huge explosion despite the explosion pretty much being a stalemate can be accustomed to MCX having way more physical endurance and resistance compared to A-G, so it was able to endure that enormous impact of that explosion and still remain standing, with A-G was unable to do.

And of course, judging power scaling wise, the strongest depicted finisher move ever used by a Pokemon of MCX's calibre (who would be E4 Mega Ace level +) in the series, which MCX's final Blast Burn was, an all-out attack consuming almost the entire battlefield, would obviously be significantly/far more stronger than any other strong move used by GPCISS (Ash's Top 6 strongest Pokemon) in the anime thus far. So being roughly equal (or close to being) in power with MCX's final Blast Burn makes Ash-Greninja's Giant Orange Water Shuriken easily and by far the strongest move used by an Ash Pokemon so far in the anime.

RN6daxM.gif

RN6daxM.gifv

All hail Ikuzefrog!!!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash-Greninja's Destructo Disc Giant Orange Water Shuriken vs Alain's Mega Charizard X. While it's really disappointing that such a prolific, amazing and stunning looking move ended up in a failure and not of much significance in the course of the fight from Ash's perspective, judging from the visual implication of the collision of MCX's final Blast Burn and Orange Shuriken it is reasonable to assume that both of the two finisher moves roughly had a similar amount of power, because the collision of the two moves looked like pretty much equal/stalemate. The fiery part (which was obviously created via Blast Burn) and the watery part of the explosion (which was obviously created via Orange Shuriken) were roughly equal in terms of size and after the energy impact of the explosion part was over, if the examine the smoke clouds of the explosion, the black part of the smoke cloud and the while part of the smoke cloud were depicted as almost absolutely equal in size, which further indicates that the power of the two final finisher moves of MCX and A-G which caused that gigantic explosion, were more of less, roughly equal in power.

LwEATKs.jpg
oBWIuIP.gif

The reason of MCX still coming out on top after that huge explosion despite the explosion pretty much being a stalemate can be accustomed to MCX having way more physical endurance and resistance compared to A-G, so it was able to endure that enormous impact of that explosion and still remain standing, with A-G was unable to do.

And of course, judging power scaling wise, the strongest depicted finisher move ever used by a Pokemon of MCX's calibre (who would be E4 Mega Ace level +) in the series, which MCX's final Blast Burn was, an all-out attack consuming almost the entire battlefield, would obviously be significantly/far more stronger than any other strong move used by GPCISS (Ash's Top 6 strongest Pokemon) in the anime thus far. So being roughly equal (or close to being) in power with MCX's final Blast Burn makes Ash-Greninja's Giant Orange Water Shuriken easily and by far the strongest move used by an Ash Pokemon so far in the anime.

RN6daxM.gif

RN6daxM.gifv

All hail Ikuzefrog!!!
I'll admit I forgot all about the smoke (also, I wonder why they took out the black particles for the actual episode and just added a weird steamy effect instead)