• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strongest Gym leader in the anime so far

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
More like galar GLs >>>> Other regions GLs
The difference is to big, bea is OP and she is just the first GL just wait since the other GL come into the play.

I won't even be surprised now if the likes of Hop, Marnie and Bede, should they appear, would be way better than Prof. Kukui, Alain, Virgil and Paul... 2 of them became GLs in Galar on SwSh anyway...

Fernsday

I would argue Bea being strongest at this point or at least in the same tier as Wulfric and Volkner and there will be Galarian GLs that will arguably be stronger. Will comfortably be moving up to Hyper Class the next time we see her which comfortably puts her well around mid FB range(Defs above Greta, Lucy and Tucker) and she easily beat Korrina’s Mega Lucario who should be on a similar level to Brock’s Mega Steelix and Base Steelix is around the same level of Donphan who beat Lucy’s Seviper and Steelix obvs only continued to get much stronger training under Forrest so he’s at least comfortably around low FB and likely higher and Korrina’s ML should be in a similar tier, plus Korrina will be higher in the PWC next time we see her anyways, some people underestimate her here coz of her Ls despite Ash having to rely on Pikachu to take it down back in XY, an OP Dragonite and trainer that has been well established to be strong(Bea)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Bea defeated Korrina in a easy way, she can be stronger than Wulfric. She is also almost top100 in the world.
1.Wulfric could easily defeat Korinna too.Korrina lost to weaker XY team while Wulfric Avalugg steamrolled stronger team.
2.So ? Lol. Being PWC does not mean jack until we have seen like Wulfric position... His battles etc.
Bea is not stronger than Wulfric. Neither is she stronger than Volkner which would mean that Riolu would be stronger or as strong than Infernape ,DP Pikachu,XY Pikachu,Talonflame,Torterra which is no.

RafaSceptile

1.Wulfric could easily defeat Korinna too.Korrina lost to weaker XY team while Wulfric Avalugg steamrolled stronger team.
2.So ? Lol. Being PWC does not mean jack until we have seen like Wulfric position... His battles etc.
Bea is not stronger than Wulfric. Neither is she stronger than Volkner which would mean that Riolu would be stronger or as strong than Infernape ,DP Pikachu,XY Pikachu,Talonflame,Torterra which is no.

She defeated JN Pikachu who is stronger than DP Pikachu and XY Pikachu so...

With 2 pokemons that is.

But in the game, she is indeed one of the 4 GL the player face in the final of Galar Champion Cup (Equivalent to E4 challenge).

She is soon entering hyper class.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I would argue Bea being strongest at this point or at least in the same tier as Wulfric and Volkner and there will be Galarian GLs that will arguably be stronger. Will comfortably be moving up to Hyper Class the next time we see her which comfortably puts her well around mid FB range(Defs above Greta, Lucy and Tucker) and she easily beat Korrina’s Mega Lucario who should be on a similar level to Brock’s Mega Steelix and Base Steelix is around the same level of Donphan who beat Lucy’s Seviper and Steelix obvs only continued to get much stronger training under Forrest so he’s at least comfortably around low FB and likely higher and Korrina’s ML should be in a similar tier, plus Korrina will be higher in the PWC next time we see her anyways, some people underestimate her here coz of her Ls despite Ash having to rely on Pikachu to take it down back in XY, an OP Dragonite and trainer that has been well established to be strong(Bea)

This is such a circle jerk false logic that I'm surprised you managed to conjure it up.

A > B > C doesn't mean that C can't beat A. In fact, that's the logic behind the starter-type triangle for you.

For instance, why is Korrina's Mega Lucario on Brock's Mega Steelix' level? You have seen Brock use Mega Steelix on only a single occasion (and the same goes for base Steelix). That's not enough to deduce anything really. You're also not taking into account that Donphan has a type advantage over Lucy's Seviper for instance.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
People still didnt learn that only what matters is Pikachu in the end of series and that Pikachu until EoS varies from gym to E4 level based on episodes like it has been literally shown lol

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Maybe the PWC was a mistake,the last thing we needed for anime discussion was power levels

Nah, that would have happened regardless there was PWC or not.

Fernsday

This is such a circle jerk false logic that I'm surprised you managed to conjure it up.

A > B > C doesn't mean that C can't beat A. In fact, that's the logic behind the starter-type triangle for you.

For instance, why is Korrina's Mega Lucario on Brock's Mega Steelix' level? You have seen Brock use Mega Steelix on only a single occasion (and the same goes for base Steelix). That's not enough to deduce anything really. You're also not taking into account that Donphan has a type advantage over Lucy's Seviper for instance.
Donphan had no ground moves against Seviper but anyways my main point is that Bea’s intended to be among one of the more stronger GLs alongside Wulfric and Volkner especially given we’ll see her in Hyper Class next time plus the scale that Galar GLs are typically depicted as in the first place. Also Riolu’s been growing rapidly stronger and will eventually be one of Ash’s aces so tying with a low-mid FB opponent at this point doesn’t seem too farfetched especially since Ash will be eventually going up against E4 level trainers

Last edited:

AJ97

We know Bea is a gym leader from the games. But has it ever been mentioned whether she's a gym leader in the anime? There have been cases where gym leaders in the games haven't technically been gym leaders in the anime initially like Misty and iris isn't a gym leader/champion.

Icy-Snowflake

We know Bea is a gym leader from the games. But has it ever been mentioned whether she's a gym leader in the anime? There have been cases where gym leaders in the games haven't technically been gym leaders in the anime initially like Misty and iris isn't a gym leader/champion.
Both Raihan and Bea were mentioned to be Galar Gym Leaders, but not [insert city]'s Gym Leaders.
NB: Both haven't introduced themselves as Gym Leaders.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Who knows, Bea might be Malva (weakest E4 so far) level?

I think it's a stretch to claim that Saito's as strong as a member of the Four Heavenly Kings just because she beat and then tied with Satoshi. Satoshi's Riolu and Galarian Kamonegi losing to Saito's Luchabull and Otosupus wasn't particularly impressive from my viewpoint since both were new and relatively inexperienced at the time. And Pikachu's power fluctuates too much, so him being defeated by Otosupus in the re-match can't really be used to gauge how strong Saito is.

At most I think Saito is this saga's version of Melissa or Viola in the sense that she defeated Satoshi using tactics that he wasn't able to adapt to right away. But that doesn't put her on the same tier as Pachira from my perspective.

AJ97

Who knows, Bea might be Malva (weakest E4 so far) level?

What is your basis for concluding Malva is the weakest E4 member so far? The elite four members have not been ranked. Her simply losing against Alain doesn't make her the weakest E4 member.

Alain was capable of holding his own against Steven's Metagross which surprised Steven himself. And he's a regional champion.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
At most I think Saito is this saga's version of Melissa or Viola in the sense that she defeated Satoshi using tactics that he wasn't able to adapt to right away. But that doesn't put her on the same tier as Pachira from my perspective.

Bea is a GL a player has to face in the game prior to Raihan (she's technically the 3rd best Galar League NPC, alongside Allister), that might be the case in the anime as well...

What is your basis for concluding Malva is the weakest E4 member so far?

She lost to Alain... She's the only E4 member introduced to lose to a conference trainer...

Ash also held off his own against Leon and Agatha (only pointing to Pikachu matches, so Greninja vs. Gardevoir doesn't count)... I think the Pikachu who fought Grapploct was reset somewhere between Post-zapped BW Pikachu and XY Finals Pikachu...

Applecorp

What is your basis for concluding Malva is the weakest E4 member so far? The elite four members have not been ranked. Her simply losing against Alain doesn't make her the weakest E4 member.

Alain was capable of holding his own against Steven's Metagross which surprised Steven himself. And he's a regional champion.

This. People are too eager to make Malva look bad just because Alain beat her but if you take Alain's other accomplishments into account then him beating Malva doesn't make Malva seem weak.

I wish he had beaten Siebold in addition to Malva but we can't always have nice things.

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Bea is a GL a player has to face in the game prior to Raihan (she's technically the 3rd best Galar League NPC, alongside Allister), that might be the case in the anime as well...

And that might be perfectly logical in the games, but I don't see why that implies that she's at the same level as the Four Heavenly Kings in the anime. Perhaps if we were to see her beat a member of the Four Heavenly Kings later down the line I would change my mind, but for now I think it's a little premature to put her on a pedestal.