• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strongest legendary Pokémon?

Gohankuten

In the games, I'm going to have to go with Reshiram. With its STAB and ability, nothing is resisted. Under the sun... that's a whole 'nother story. So yeah, Reshiram.

But, really dragon pulse is better than roar of time. Dragon pulse can be used twice in a row, equaling a 160 base power. Roar of time can only be used once and then it has to recharge, which pretty much makes it do as much damage as 2 base 75 damage moves back to back. Roar of Time is outclassed by a lot of other things.

The thing is few of the other legendaries would survive a single Roar of Time due to the base power and the STAB bonus. And for the few that resist it there is Earth Power or Aura Sphere.

Arceus? The toughest?

*sends out No Guard Machamp with DynamicPunch* GG, good sir.
*counters with Ghost plate Arceus* GG sir your dynamic punch has no effect.

Last edited:

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Everyone over rates the Dragon legendaries. An Ice-type, such as Sneasal or Glalie, can sweep a Dragon type with a single Ice Beam + Life Orb. If it were a Glaceon or a Froslass, then Hail would make Blizzard a possibility.

TL;DR- Ice Types rule a high hand over the dragons. Sorry, my brothers and sisters, cold hard fact. (no puns intended.)

Gohankuten

Everyone over rates the Dragon legendaries. An Ice-type, such as Sneasal or Glalie, can sweep a Dragon type with a single Ice Beam + Life Orb. If it were a Glaceon or a Froslass, then Hail would make Blizzard a possibility.

TL;DR- Ice Types rule a high hand over the dragons. Sorry, my brothers and sisters, cold hard fact. (no puns intended.)

Reshiram, Dialga, Palkkia, Kyurem are all neutral to Ice so not that easy to sweep. In fact Reshiram destroys Ice with with his STAB Fire attacks.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Then that is when you switch out for a water type.

Xenevix

Some Guy
I've always thought Palkia was pretty awesome. Since ot only has one weakness (Dragon) and it's somewhat speedy it covers itself pretty nicely and is amazing on a Rain Dance team. Although it lacks defense and one Dragon move will OHKO it, it has a very nice movepool and depending what moves it has it can take on any pokemon. And unlike others it can be an awesome physical Poke too with Bulk Up.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
I've always thought Palkia was pretty awesome. Since ot only has one weakness (Dragon) and it's somewhat speedy it covers itself pretty nicely and is amazing on a Rain Dance team. Although it lacks defense and one Dragon move will OHKO it, it has a very nice movepool and depending what moves it has it can take on any pokemon. And unlike others it can be an awesome physical Poke too with Bulk Up.

It has great defense, what are you saying? It has an a very strong 120 SpD, and most sweepers would kill for a 90/100/120 Defense spread.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Most sweepers would try for that, but instead use 80/110/120.

Don't forget that Roar of Time is the most powerful dragon move out there. Dragon Pulse only had like 90 compared to it. Oh and Dialga is the only dragon that *doesn't* have a dragon weakness. So he pretty much wins.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
Don't forget that Roar of Time is the most powerful dragon move out there. Dragon Pulse only had like 90 compared to it. Oh and Dialga is the only dragon that *doesn't* have a dragon weakness. So he pretty much wins.

Roar of Time has the highest base power of any Dragon type move, but has a crippling drawback. I love Dialga, but nearly every competitive Dialga set that I or anyone else uses contains DM, Outrage, or Dragon Pulse as the main STAB. Dialga's an incredible Pokemon, and does so much better without his signature move.

ThePlatypusKing

Mewtwo and Rayquaza, mewtwo is just a beast esspecially in the anima and dont forget he was the original Arceus back in R/B/Y an really the most powerful pokemon up until 4th gen but I still think he can beat Arceus imo

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Well, OBVIOUSLY arceus is the uber of ubers, but Darkrai can drop into nightmares and consume his victims, and Mew knows every TM.

Roar of Time has the highest base power of any Dragon type move, but has a crippling drawback. I love Dialga, but nearly every competitive Dialga set that I or anyone else uses contains DM, Outrage, or Dragon Pulse as the main STAB. Dialga's an incredible Pokemon, and does so much better without his signature move.

Mine has dragon pulse and works nicely with my TR team.

Arceus94

I think an Swords Dance/Extremespeed Arceus is pretty much badass.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Arceus, no contest. It can run so many sets effectively, and it has stats in each category that most Pokemon would die for. It's ridiculously powerful but also very bulky, and it has a wide moveset with almost every technical machine and tutor move.

Universe Chaser

Trust me, I'm a cop.
Mine has dragon pulse and works nicely with my TR team.

Exactly. Dialga's a total monster when it comes to battle, just not RoT.

I don't quite understand all of this Arceus love. I'm not saying it's bad, because there's a reason it resides in ubers, but while it has so many strengths, it's not really fantastic in any regard. Plus, it only can choose one type, not a combination, and if it does so, it sacrifices a much needed item slot. It's a very strong pokemon, just not as broken as Dialga, Palkia, Kyogre, Mewtwo, and the like.

Last edited:

I don't quite understand all of this Arceus love. I'm not saying it's bad, because there's a reason it resides in ubers, but while it has so many strengths, it's not really fantastic in any regard. Plus, it only can choose one type, not a combination, and if it does so, it sacrifices a much needed item slot. It's a very strong pokemon, just not as broken as Dialga, Palkia, Kyogre, Mewtwo, and the like.

Arceus is god technically. And Palkia has her strengths but she's not the strongest. But she's not the weakest.

Arsène

Obviously hasn't faced a well-played Extremekiller/Dark Arceus.