• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strongest Legendary

Which Legendary is More Powerful?

• Articuno

Votes: 9 3.1%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Moltres

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 212 74.1%
  • Mew

Votes: 56 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1

Fly So High!!!
Who do you think is the strongest legendary? I think it's Mewtwo.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
well mewtwo has the best stats by far, only losing in defense to articuno. his movepool is incredible (especially with that recover everyone loves so much). he has the highest special stat in the game and with psychic can put a huge hurting on a pokemon (especially if he lowers theirs). amnesia just makes it rigged.
mew has the second high stat total and the best movepool in the game. he has a lower special stat than the legendary birds and mewtwo though. still, because of his huge array of moves, he can take most pokemon down.
the legendary birds, though legendary, aren't really all that strong. rock slide is effective against flying, fire, and ice, so moltres and articuno would be 4 times as affected. zapdos is a little more protected, since electric's only weakness (ground) doesn't affected zapdos because it's flying. however, zapdos has the lowest defense stat of any of the legendaries in RBY, meaning the rock slide that is only twice as effective against it will end up doing a little more damage anyway.
personally, i never see the legendary birds as too much of a threat. they're pretty slow and will most likely go second if you have a good team. exeggutor has the same base special stat as they do (which is their highest stat). and they don't hold up well.
mewtwo is tied for second fastest pokemon in the game and has the highest special stat by far. dangerous

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
well i did use mewtwo in my team in my red version in the past and i must say it was pretty good against opponents. i'm not going all detailed about it with stats and all but i choose this because of my experiences i had with him.

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Well, Mewtwo has the best moves and stats, and it's also Pyschic type. The Winged Marages have weaknesses and and not as good stats as Mewtwo does, and Myuu is hard to get and in the first gen, it's movepool is much smaller, and it has some lower stats than Mewtwo.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
Well, Mewtwo has the best moves and stats, and it's also Pyschic type. The Winged Marages have weaknesses and and not as good stats as Mewtwo does, and Myuu is hard to get and in the first gen, it's movepool is much smaller, and it has some lower stats than Mewtwo.

it does have some lower stats but mew can learn any TM in the game, making his movepool a little better. the only reason you can argue that mewtwo's is better is because of the moves he learns naturally, in specific recover and amnesia.

RichRI322

I vote Mew.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
I vote Mew.

do you want to give any reason? i do think that mew is very strong, but i wouldn't call him the strongest. most of the TMs that mewtwo can't learn are TMs that wouldn't be very useful (with the exceptions being maybe earthquake, rock slide, explosion, and perhaps swords dance). and to make up for those good TMs he can't learn, he has amnesia and recover, which mew can't learn.

purple_dragonite

All glory to Helix!!
Mewtwo was an unstoppable juggernaut in the first generation. For one, most of the pokemon that learn attacks that are super effective against him have a second type that makes them susceptible to psychic (Gengar for example), and for another, the moves that were strong against Mewtwo did a very small amount of damage. Plus amnesia and recover was a deadly combination back in gen. one. So yeah, Mewtwo FTW!

*~Midnight_Sunshine~*

Mewtwo, hands down. With more than above average stats, Amnesia/Recover and a lack of any good counters to Psychic-Types in general, Mewtwo is a monster in this Generation.

aquaarmor23

<3 Breloom.
Mewtwo in a landslide.
2 Amsesias=999 special.
Unhitthable with a special move,and physical defenses are good.
Not to mention recover.

Rezzo

Occasionally
well mewtwo has the best stats by far, only losing in defense to articuno. his movepool is incredible (especially with that recover everyone loves so much). he has the highest special stat in the game and with psychic can put a huge hurting on a pokemon (especially if he lowers theirs). amnesia just makes it rigged.
mew has the second high stat total and the best movepool in the game. he has a lower special stat than the legendary birds and mewtwo though. still, because of his huge array of moves, he can take most pokemon down.
the legendary birds, though legendary, aren't really all that strong. rock slide is effective against flying, fire, and ice, so moltres and articuno would be 4 times as affected. zapdos is a little more protected, since electric's only weakness (ground) doesn't affected zapdos because it's flying. however, zapdos has the lowest defense stat of any of the legendaries in RBY, meaning the rock slide that is only twice as effective against it will end up doing a little more damage anyway.
personally, i never see the legendary birds as too much of a threat. they're pretty slow and will most likely go second if you have a good team. exeggutor has the same base special stat as they do (which is their highest stat). and they don't hold up well.
mewtwo is tied for second fastest pokemon in the game and has the highest special stat by far. dangerous

well i did use mewtwo in my team in my red version in the past and i must say it was pretty good against opponents. i'm not going all detailed about it with stats and all but i choose this because of my experiences i had with him.

Mewtwo was an unstoppable juggernaut in the first generation. For one, most of the pokemon that learn attacks that are super effective against him have a second type that makes them susceptible to psychic (Gengar for example), and for another, the moves that were strong against Mewtwo did a very small amount of damage. Plus amnesia and recover was a deadly combination back in gen. one. So yeah, Mewtwo FTW!

Mewtwo, hands down. With more than above average stats, Amnesia/Recover and a lack of any good counters to Psychic-Types in general, Mewtwo is a monster in this Generation.

Mewtwo in a landslide.
2 Amsesias=999 special.
Unhitthable with a special move,and physical defenses are good.
Not to mention recover.

RBY mewtwo is the strongest pokemon created ever.

I'm lazy, so I'm just gonna say what they all said: Mewtwo.

Dattebayo

Banned
Mew, SSBM proved that Mewtwo can be beaten, thus results in GF lying about Mewtwo being the strongest, which is suppose to be unbeatable.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Mewtwo. There's no other possible answer.

Mew is strong but it doesn't live up to Mewtwo's standards.

skootskoot

Pokémon RBY Guru
Mew, SSBM proved that Mewtwo can be beaten, thus results in GF lying about Mewtwo being the strongest, which is suppose to be unbeatable.

that's a pretty stupid reason. link is also unbeatable. and samus. and mario. yet they can all lose in a fighting game like super smash.
also, any pokemon can be beaten. there is no 1 invincible pokemon. this is asking for the strongest of the gen 1. yes, mewtwo can lose, but a mewtwo at max stats and with a great move pool, in my opinion, is stronger than all others in gen 1. if you have a practical reason for mew being stronger, i think we'd like to hear it.

Absol trainer

Hidden Valley...
Mewtwo is the coolest legendary of all time and also one of the strongest so I'll go with that.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Mewtwo. Amnesia seals the deal on its already staggering stats. Mew comes second because of its movepool, so even if you prepare to face one, chances are your movepool will not cover whatever that Mew has.

Out of the three birds, Zapdos. Having an immunity to Earthquake while being an Electric type, thus negating its weakness to Electric types itself, makes it very usable, the only types being effective against it being Rock and Ice, the former of which is rarely seen, and the latter is not as staggering thanks to Zapdos's high Special stat. The best one out of the three birds easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.