• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Strongest Traveling Companions?

Strongest companions?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the laundry listing I've seen done for Misty's sake, none of it is saying why she's so much stronger than any of the other companions. I feel like I could laundry list for half of the other companions listed. Only problem with that is because there's no right answer to this question, it's not worth my time.

And no, I don't think gyarados beating shedinja is not worth the heaps of praise that anybody's giving it.

p96822

Evolve me please
For all the laundry listing I've seen done for Misty's sake, none of it is saying why she's so much stronger than any of the other companions. I feel like I could laundry list for half of the other companions listed. Only problem with that is because there's no right answer to this question, it's not worth my time.

And no, I don't think gyarados beating shedinja is not worth the heaps of praise that anybody's giving it.

Thank you that what I have been saying.

pokemon fan 132

To Hungry Hungry Hypno:
Same could be said for other companions to be honest. Not being provided plausible enough arguments for me to consider them stronger than Misty is, since she is subject of talk.

I won't repeat myself like broken record going in lengths about this, because i already listed reasons several times why i consider Misty to be not necessarily strongest.

But would i place her among top 3 strongest traveling companions of Ash as far as power, knowledge, experience, achievements, recognition and astuteness goes?
Personally i probably would.

As for whole Shedinja thing which seemed powerful based on craters its attacks caused. To be honest its not so much win that i personally find impressive, but ability of Gyarados knowing Flamethrower as result of Misty training. Making it thanks to that much more unique as pokemon imo.
Beside being able to break what semed to be for every other pokemon currently presented impenetrable defense colonel Shedinja had thanks to Wonder Guard is nothing to sneeze at. Being pretty tricky to get around due to making large number of techniques completely useless, and in right hands in games it can deliver lot of problems.

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
It literally only got past Wonder Guard due to the move typing, not nay type of power or anything but the move typing. Literally any Pokemon that would have used a SE on Shedinja would have KOd it. Shedinja is not nor will it ever be a tanky Pokemon. Kudos to Gyrados for knowing Flamethrower but that doesn't prove anything.

pokemon fan 132

It literally only got past Wonder Guard due to the move typing, not nay type of power or anything but the move typing. Literally any Pokemon that would have used a SE on Shedinja would have KOd it. Shedinja is not nor will it ever be a tanky Pokemon. Kudos to Gyrados for knowing Flamethrower but that doesn't prove anything.

Oh absolutely. I never said that Shedinja could be considered as heavy tank pokemon. Its more of strategic type carrying with itself "high risk/high reward" type of ability. But Wonder Guard is definitely not something to underestimate seeing players lose games because of not having adequate preparation in current team for it.

Gyarados beating Hanson Shedinja didn't told much about its strength. But it revealed to be more versatile as pokemon due to knowing moves going beyond water based techniques allowing to win that battle.
Which is what i find impressive about him and Misty trainer abilities.

However what do we know regarding Gyarados power is how they are historically known and had been showed are incredibly strong pokemon. Because every wild member of specie so far caused lot of destruction and admiring resistance.

If their first proper debut in Kanto when causing huge storm full of twisters was something to go by during St. Anne shipwreck. When multiple thunder attacks weren't enough to stop Red Gyarados not going down without fight even vs Lance Dragonite.

When Cilan Pansage who defeated several powerful pokemon like Gothorita, Galvantula, Abomasnow etc couldn't keep up with Gyarados from lake overpowering grass pokemon etc.
Was something to go by.

Let along Gyarados who is trained by competent trainer being in that case even bigger feat to get around.

And based on how easily Misty Gyarados destroyed three Tentacruel in battle at Cerulean gives impression to me how he is very strong pokemon.
Its certainly not the only strong pokemon Misty has either(as i mentoned in previous posts about strength some demonstrated in battle in OS).

Increasing my belief of Misty being alot stronger than she is given credit for.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
Gyarados only did those two thing and that it. It's not like it beat it beat a gym leader Pokemon or something. There is not much to go on how strong Misty's Gyarados is because it only battle twice in the series, three times if count the special.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Gyarados only did those two thing and that it. It's not like it beat it beat a gym leader Pokemon or something. There is not much to go on how strong Misty's Gyarados is because it only battle twice in the series, three times if count the special.

I agree. I love Misty, but her Gyarados doesn't make her the strongest companion imo. Its wins weren't that impressive.

pokemon fan 132

Since quite a few peple question judging by recent responses Misty Gyarados strength and effectiveness, ill give my last thoughts on this subject.

Reasoning behind my belief how this is strong pokemon is based on educated guess and past observations.

Im of view how this pokemon didn't had to battle much with 2 situations when it was in action being enough to roughly gauge how powerful it is as of now. So far every wild Gyarados was portrayed in anime as extraordinarily powerful being defined by huge offensive power, resistance and strength. Being tough pokemon to catch even when facing experuenced trainer and well trained pokemon,.

If as wild pokemon this specie revealed to posess such power, logic implies how Gyarados belonging to trainer would be stronger than majority of wild members of its specie.
Because it would be more trained. Would enter more battles, be taught bew techniques and defense maneuvers enchanting on its abilities.

And i dont think i exaggerate when i say that gym leader/trainer Gyarados(this case Misty) is stronger than ordinary wild Gyarados. Proving to be used as one of her heavy hitters undergoing lot of training whether its case at Cerulean gym or outside on road when she leaves gym to travel for one or another reason. As example with learned Flamethrower in AG showed.

Based on moveset and what was showed i would say its more impressive imo than other gym leader Crasher Wake Gyarados as well.

Even if i for sake of argument decide to ignore all of this classifying Misty pokemon strength as something which we cannot determine or measure, due to "not battling enough to see its full strength".
Than how we can know if May Blaziken, Dawn Mamoswine or Iris Dragonite as their respective powerhouses are stronger than Misty Gyarados?
Answer is we cannot bringing us again to starting point.

Not that i don't think how those 2 battles it entered weren't enough to prove how this is powerful pokemon regardless of how much those wins are questioned by others.

Just like i dont agree how Gyarados is only strong pokemon Misty has but i digress.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.