• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Student Signup Thread : Round 1 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathfinder

No Angel
http://i48.*******.com/67p7c3.jpg

Welcome to the Official Serebii Tutoring Program!

Rules/ Expectations:

• All SPPf rules apply and are expected to be followed
• Students may not partake in consecutive rounds. After partaking in a round, a student has a one round waiting period before they can apply again.
• Both tutor and tutee must stay as active as possible when a round is under way. If a tutee is found to be inactive, they will be replaced with the next signup in line.
• Pokemon Online will most likely be the most used battling medium, so it is strongly recommened that applicants have access to it.
• This is a first come, first serve system. The first sign ups will be the ones gaining a spot in the round. No exceptions will be made.

Students:

So what are we looking for?
• People who are active.
• People who can be respectful and considerate.
• People who are committed to becoming better battlers.

Once applications are closed, the students will be matched up with a tutor whose timezone is relatively close to theirs and is willing to teach what they want to learn. As mentioned before, it's first come, first serve, but students who become inactive will be dropped so others can get a chance.

How to Signup to be a Student
HTML:
[B]Forum Username:[/B] *Insert your name here*
[B]Timezone:[/B] *Insert your timezone here
[B]Friend Code:[/B] *Insert your Friend Code here*
[B]Pokemon Online Name:[/B] *Insert your Pokemon Online name here*
[B]What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon:[/B] *Insert areas you need help on here *

Example said:
Forum Username: Archangel
Timezone: GMT
Friend Code: 4953 7083 9555
Pokemon Online Name: ThisIsNoOne
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I want to learn about 5th Gen OU Stall

Last edited:

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Sorry to all that didn't make it, but be sure to signup again for round 2. Thanks for the great turnout.

Tutor pair-ups:

• Bone Cold Marowak Guy - epic_eevee
• Blinky the Mew - AppleButter2
• Giggity... - ONM's_SkyNet18
• Venomous Woe - ShadowsFalling19
• Suicune95 - assassinsceptile
• iSarah - Gamefreak
• ArcanaFang - Blue Harvest
• MasterKenobi - ashluvsme
• Javaker - Big Beluga
• zeus5273 - d0nut
• Super Jamalx9000 - JLance

To all mentors: This round of tutoring ends in one month (April 14th). You may teach your student for as long as you see fit and when you feel they have graduated tell me or Blue Harvest / Archangel. The primary goal is to teach at least the basics of EVs, movesets and teambuilding but if you can go into advanced levels of stuff such as team rating and prediction, by all means do the best you can.

Last edited:

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Forum Username: Bone Cold Marowak Guy
Timezone: GMT -5
Friend Code: SoulSilver: 5027-7161-6301
Pokemon Online Name: N/A
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I want to learn to create balanced offense/defense 5th gen teams that have competitive potential.

Blinky the Mew

Clever Idiot
Forum Username: Blinky The Mew
Timezone: -6 Central USA
Friend Code: I use PO
Pokemon Online Name: Blinky
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I want to improve on team building overall and focus on 5th gen.

Forum Username: Giggity...
Friend Code: n/a
Pokemon Online Name: Precipice, Gig
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: Teambuilding and a more in depth undertsanding of the metagame. I can do OK if somebody else gives me a team and a threats list, but i can't create my own. I'm also not very confident playing B/W atm, and would like to expand the number of tiers I can play in- I only play OU atm.

Venomous Woe

Master of Villany
Forum Username: Venomous Woe
Timezone: Eastern USA
Friend Code: 4985 3904 4696
Pokemon Online Name: Joseph
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I would like to learn about UU and NU battling, as well as some general tips.

Suicune95

The Northwind
Forum Username: Suicune95
Timezone: Central Time (GMT -6, I think)
Friend Code: N/A (I currently don't play competitive on games)
Pokemon Online Name: Suikun [For whatever reason I have problems connecting to the main server, though others work fine]
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: OU, and most general competitive stuff, team and individual set building. Better knowledge of the metagame. Prediction, etc.

iSarah

Gone with the wind.
Forum Username: iSarah
Timezone: GMT-5
Friend Code: Hg:2064 8097 2838 Black: TBA
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: 4th and 5th Gen OU Competitive Battling in General

Forum Username: ArcanaFang
Timezone: Eastern Time GMT -5
Friend Code: *Will insert White code, as I only have Soul Silver, but I don't want to learn on an older generation
Pokemon Online Name: *Don't have one yet, or even if I get one unless my tutor encourages it.
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I wish to improve on pretty much ANY tier and battle style, as I have no previous competitive experience whatsoever.

Good luck to my tutor XD

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Forum Username: MasterKenobi
Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (GMT -7 I believe)
Friend Code: Can use either D/P or SS. I tend to use Pearl, Dawn - 1290 3900 9171. Also getting White.
Pokemon Online Name: I have yet to get one, but MasterKenobi when I do.
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: Open to any and all battling styles, but OU Competitive battling really interests me the most. Open to learning all new things! ^^

(Thanks for putting this together by the way, I was totally disappointed I missed Smogon's Tutor program)

Javaker

Unluckiest Trainer
Forum Username: Javaker
Friend Code: 5199 5460 9223
Pokemon Online Name: Javaker
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: Gen 5 OU - I Wish to improve upon Team building and prediction skills if at all possible

Last edited:

zeus5273

your worst nightmare
Forum Username: zeus5273
Timezone: GMT-6
Friend Code: 5328 3405 4625
Pokemon Online Name:
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: a soild team

Super_Jamalx9000

Forum Username: Super_Jamalx9000
Timezone: GMT -8:00
Friend Code: 5457 6641 2214
Pokemon Online Name: none
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: 4th Gen OU - I wish to improve on Competitive Battling.

oiabm

Forum Username: oiabm
Timezone: GMT -6
Friend Code: White: [Coming soon]
Pokemon Online Name:
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: In 4th gen, I played OU with a Sandstorm team. I never really knew how good I was, because I never entered tournaments online and such. I'm not a really good team builder, and I guessed mostly at which Pokemon would work well together based on typing and whether or not the Pokemon was a sweeper/tank. Competitive battling, for the most part. In all tiers.

Tornados

Pokemon Farmer
Forum Username: Tornados
Friend Code: 4985 3943 6363 (SS) / 3696 9303 5004 (W)
Pokemon Online Name: Tornados (I've just downloaded this, so not too knowledgeable about it just yet)
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: More of an introduction to competitive battling than anything else, I've always just stuck to playing through the single player games.

Last edited:

FroFro567

Zangoose Fanatic
Forum Username: FroFro678
Timezone: Central Timezone
Friend Code: It's in my Sig
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I'd like to learn competitive battleing in general, but I'd also like to learn how to create balanced teams and how to use different battling styles.

Darkrai00

.*.*.*.*.
Forum Username: Darkrai00
Timezone: GMT -5
Friend Code: dont have one ATM
Pokemon Online Name: Darkrai00
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: OU, a variety of styles. Mostly just general team building and how to use them well. 5th gen

Last edited:

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Forum Username: kaiser soze
Timezone: gmt -5 (US eastern)
Friend Code: 0518 2691 4432
Pokemon Online Name: n/a
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: OU/UU, possibly uber. I've been around pokemon for a long time but havent spent much time in the competitive world. So mostly looking for team building help and differences between in-game and competitive world, as well as tossing around ideas and opinions on moves etc

Last edited:

voidhawk

Blergh!
Forum Username: Voidhawk
Timezone: GMT +8
Friend Code: 3052-4151-9040
Pokemon Online Name: Voidhawk
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I am a confident battler at the moment in the OU tier. I simply want to expand my knowledge with the help of a more advanced player, such as senior OSL members. Obviously Black and White metagame is of interest to me, and will be my main focus.

Utopian

faults & feats
Forum Username: Jets
Timezone: east coast
Friend Code: in sig
Pokemon Online Name: Jets
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: 5th gen OU, teambuilding (i can build a team if i kno tiers, so i want to learn how to build 1 witout tiers), and hyper offense 4th and 5th gen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.