• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Student Signup Thread : Round 1 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind this list isn't concrete yet. If students are inactive (as in we can't get in contact with them at all) they will be dropped and the next person in line will be chosen. We're also looking into more tutors so that everyone who signed up can get a mentor!

Also for those of you who weren't chosen I'll be happy to help you in private. Just send me a PM!

Tutor Preference 1: SkyNet
Tutor Preference 2: Big Beluga
Why?:
Well SkyNet is in my timezone which is greatly helpful, he's also helped me before and has always given me great and useful advice, I know how experienced he is and have seen him play a range of styles. His teams are also very good to work with and I would love to learn to re-create that. Pretty much the same for Beluga, I know he plays many different playstyles very well and again this is something I'd love to expand on, only trouble is timezones.

Last edited:

Venomous Woe

Master of Villany
Tutor Preference 1: AppleButter2
Tutor Preference 2: Gamefreak
Why?:
They both appear to be in my timezone, which is helpful for coordination. Gamefreak appears to have experience backing him up, while AppleButter seems like a flexible guy. I like tutors that can understand where I'm coming from, and these two seem to offer that.

Javaker

Unluckiest Trainer
Tutor Preference 1: GameFreak
Tutor Preference 2: SkyNet
Why?: GameFreak has been champion twice? i know how good he is at team building and have always wanted to battle him, but being tutored by him would be much better :) I prefer using offence and would like to expand on that and would like to learn original viable sets.

SkyNet because he's in my time zone and would be able to teach me what i would like to learn :D

Last edited:

iSarah

Gone with the wind.
Tutor Preference 1: Blue Harvest
Tutor Preference 2: GameFreak
Why?:I've seen Blue Harvest around the rate my team forums and she is very helpful to the posters which i think she could help me in many ways with Battle skills and Team building. Also GameFreak seem to have tons of expierence which is very good to a tutor and helpful

Last edited:

Super_Jamalx9000

Tutor Preference 1: assassinsceptile
Tutor Preference 2: Gamefreak
Why: I want assassinsceptile because she is confidant when it comes to battling and Gamefreak because he's a smart battler which is useful in a tutor.

zeus5273

your worst nightmare
Tutor Preference 1:Blue Harvest
Tutor Preference 2:d0unt
Why?: Blue Harvest because of i need help with creation of a good team
d0unt because of he's a highschool stundent like me and sound more experience than me

Tutor Preference 2: Big Beluga

Why?:

Blue Harvest seems to have the best time constraints for my particular needs, as well as having a great set of accomplishments that prove her merit and wisdom. Also it seems that she could handle a complete newbie to the competitive game such as myself without making me feel incompetent or without my own untapped potential. The most interesting skill I could learn from her would be the team building aspect to the game, as I am horrible at connecting the dots and making strong strategic teams of six pocket monsters.

Big Beluga seems to be the complete opposite as far as his biography depicts, but I feel that there is more than meets the eye with him. The simple fact that his inexperience compared to some of the other mentors has payed off with his success in the metagame gives me both hope and amazement. The thought of being part of the Elite Four on this site alone shows a lot of credibility, as well as his honesty about his skills. To me, it seems that the honesty is a means for humility, as I feel a strong strategist and competitor behind the title "Big Beluga".

Akua WaterDragonKing

Fire Gymleader
Forum Username: Akua WaterDragonKing
Timezone: North America Eastern
Friend Code: 3352-0084-4523
Pokemon Online Name: Jordan
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: OU 4th Gen (Until I'm able to get 5th gen anyway) Also with EV training pokemon

Tutor Preference 1: Gamefreak
Tutor Preference 2: assassinsceptile
Why?:
I feel I'm am a good trainer but I need some improvements with training and team set ups. Offensive or not

Last edited:
I plan on getting this thing started by monday. Students who were chosen should post who they want to teach them here, and mentors should PM me who they want to teach. Hopefully everyone will end up happy!

If you WERE NOT chosen to be a student this round keep in mind you may still have a chance. If another student drops out you will replace them, or if a mentor decides to teach multiple students.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Thanks for the PM, Beluga. I totally spaced. (The Formatting was slightly odd...)

Tutor Preference 2: ashluvsme
Why?: I'm totally a night person when I don't have school the next day, and both Tutor's schedules work out REALLY well. I've always been "disliked" by most RMT moderators, so it would be nice to have one actually helping me for once, in a change. I have also taught myself how to EV Pokemon to help friends out, and have the basic method down but a more advance method of taking on EV's would be very helpful to have. I've got a bit more experience on Ash, but I'm all for a learning experience from others. Always up for a challenge!

Thanks! ;D

Last edited:

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
Forum Username: Akua WaterDragonKing
Timezone: North America Eastern
Friend Code: 3352-0084-4523
Pokemon Online Name: Jordan
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: OU 4th Gen (Until I'm able to get 5th gen anyway) Also with EV training pokemon

Tutor Preference 1: Gamefreak
Tutor Preference 2: assassinsceptile
Why?:
I feel I'm am a good trainer but I need some improvements with training and team set ups. Offensive or not

Sorry but signups are closed. Please stay active and sign up for round 2.

Also, waiting on 3 preference forms. Please try and get them in.

BlastioseBoiLito

BattleScar Blastoise
im so waiting for round 2 lol i wanna be a osl gym leader someday :)

I plan on getting this thing started by monday. Students who were chosen should post who they want to teach them here, and mentors should PM me who they want to teach. Hopefully everyone will end up happy!

If you WERE NOT chosen to be a student this round keep in mind you may still have a chance. If another student drops out you will replace them, or if a mentor decides to teach multiple students.

Time is running out!

Status
Not open for further replies.