• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Student Signup Thread: Round 3 (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Beluga

u r a fatty
http://i48.*******.com/67p7c3.jpg

Welcome to the Official Serebii Tutoring Program!

Rules/ Expectations:

• All SPPf rules apply and are expected to be followed
• Students may not partake in consecutive rounds. After partaking in a round, a student has a one round waiting period before they can apply again.
• Both tutor and tutee must stay as active as possible when a round is under way. If a tutee is found to be inactive, they will be replaced with the next signup in line.
• Pokemon Online will most likely be the most used battling medium, so it is strongly recommened that applicants have access to it.
• This is a first come, first serve system. The first sign ups will be the ones gaining a spot in the round. No exceptions will be made.

Students:

So what are we looking for?
• People who are active.
• People who can be respectful and considerate.
• People who are committed to becoming better battlers.

Once applications are closed, the students will be matched up with a tutor whose timezone is relatively close to theirs and is willing to teach what they want to learn. As mentioned before, it's first come, first serve, but students who become inactive will be dropped so others can get a chance.

How to Signup to be a Student
HTML:
[B]Forum Username:[/B] *Insert your name here*
[B]Timezone:[/B] *Insert your timezone here
[B]Friend Code:[/B] *Insert your Friend Code here*
[B]Pokemon Online Name:[/B] *Insert your Pokemon Online name here*
[B]What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon:[/B] *Insert areas you need help on here *

Example said:
Forum Username: Archangel
Timezone: GMT
Friend Code: 4953 7083 9555
Pokemon Online Name: ThisIsNoOne
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I want to learn about 5th Gen OU Stall

Javaker

Unluckiest Trainer
Forum Username: Javaker
Friend Code: Not Applicable until tomorrow
Pokemon Online Name: GingerPikachu
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: OU, Team building and prediction is what i need help on although im happy to learn anything :D

EDIT:

Since im first can i post my preferences here please? :eek: Just to jump the gun :$

Tutor Preference 1: Skynet
Tutor Preference 2: mreddozook
Why?: Both in my timezone so its very convenient, Plusle seems very experienced, and has some nice accolades on PO so i think he can help me become better, And Pure has told me alot about how great a tutor Skynet has been to him, so it would be fantastic to have him as a tutor myself =P

Last edited:

Thepain

Time Is Running Out
Forum Username: Thepain
Friend Code: Pokemon White: 2752 1680 4734
Pokemon Online Name: Thepain
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon:
Gen 5 OU tier, balanced team building, and using sunny day teams, also battling in general. I also want to learn how to play the little cup too.

Edit - Gonna rob Javakers idea of preferences ;D

Preference 1: ONM's_SkyNet18
Preference 2: mreddozook

Conveniently the same as Javakers >.<
Reason: Same time zone, and there times avaiable slot in perfectly with my free time, also Skynet seems to offer exactly what I want to learn, as in building balanced teams, battling well ( like double switches as he states =P ) and also that he has experience in Little Cup.
mreddozook is again same time zone and time slot, but also alike me, he is a student so it may be easy to get along and have some things in common =P.

Last edited:

mwars22

pokemon
forum Username:mwars22
Timezone:gmt -5
Friend Code: 3825 9383 4138
Pokemon Online Name:mwars22
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon:OU and or UU and trick room team

Last edited:

arceusvictini

Taking over Serebii
Forum Username: arceusvictini
Friend Code: Not applicable unless NEEDED.
Pokemon Online Name: ArceusVictiniGenesec
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: Mainly teambulding in general. If I had to choose, then stall. Also, if possible, IV breeding and how to get a good IV'd Pokemon.

Preferences:

Tutor Preference 1: Skynet
Tutor Preference 2: mreddozook
Why?: Both are in my timezone. Very convenient. Also, I've heard really good things about both of them, especially skynet.

Last edited:

ChangeJD

Saving Science
Forum Username: ChangeJD
Timezone: GMT -6 Central Time
Friend Code: 1291-8196-0838
Pokemon Online Name: ChangeJD
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I am completely new to competitive battles, so I want to learn as much as possible. 5th Gen OU.

Last edited:

AzuNyan

Forum Username: AzuNyan
Timezone:GMT-6
Friend Code:I prefer to use PO if at all possible
Pokemon Online Name: AzuNyan~
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I am not completely new to competitive battling as I played early Diamond and Pearl. But I would like to be refreshed on the basics and learn more about 5th Gen OU metagame as well as needing major improvement on team building, particularly 5th Gen OU Balanced and later OU Offense if there is enough time.

*Edit* Am I allowed to put a Tutor preference? If so it seems like Gamefreak would be the best tutor to teach me what I want to know, If not please ignore this.

Last edited:

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
Forum Username: Zennyboiz
Timezone: GMT - 5 (EST)
Friend Code: None at this moment, as I only do PO.
Pokemon Online Name: BobSaget | Zenny
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: The tiers I want to work on are BW OU / Wifi , Dream World and BW UU. also, I'd like to learn about various offensive, defensive and stall styles and team building. Finally, as a bonus, help with rating teams would be nice.

Tutor Preference: AppleButter2, as he is a very good team rater, as I have observed on Smogon, and I think he'd be the most capable person to teach me. Also, same time zones help.

Last edited:

Pengyzu

Forum Username: pengyzu
Timezone: GMT +8
Friend Code: 3310 5039 1635
Pokemon Online Name: pengyzu
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: General Gen 5 OU (some ubers). I would like to learn how to build solid teams.

Forum Username: PoignantLyrics
Friend Code: N/A
Pokemon Online Name: PoignantLyrics | Busted!
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: Mainly, 5th Gen OU team building, most specifically Balance or Bulky Offense teams.

Re-applying due to nothing getting done last round, due to difficulties with my tutor contacting me.

Hoseisjose

Username hoseisjose
Timezone:eastern time
FC: in my sig
PO name: hoseisjose
Id like to learn bout the UU tier mainly need help with tier buiding and balanced/bulky offense strategies. Sorry i didnt exactly follow the template im doing it on my phone and its hard to copy/paste

fowlerdog

Forum Username: fowlerdog
Timezone: BST
Friend Code: 2795b 0830 4875
Pokemon Online Name: fowlerdog
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: just creating a decent team in UU

WhiteWisper

Haters gonna hate
Forum Name: WhiteWisper
Timezone: (UTC -8:00) Pacific Time
Friend Code: 4169 3849 7109
Pokemon Online Name: WhiteWisper
What tier and battling style do you wish to learn/improve upon: 5th Gen OU, Offense, Team-building, Type-Combos, Move-pairing.

Additional Comments: I know past actions have made me enemies with tutors and leaders but I have changed. If you teach me, I will learn and will show the same respect shown to me.

Last edited:

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Forum Username: Redlongmagnet
Timezone: EST
Friend Code: 3997 7248 8160
Pokemon Online Name: Redlong
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: 5th gen OU and team building more than anything, Offensive play.

xbinox

Forum Username: Xbinox
Timezone: EST (GMT -5)
Friend Code: 4212 3359 1780
Pokemon Online Name: xbinox
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: New OU and New NU tiers, as well as a defensive playing style and more innovative strategies.

Last edited:

imperiumemperor

Emperor of Imperium
Forum Username: Imperiumemperor
Timezone: GMT -5
Friend Code: Pokemon Breeding for now, only PO.
Pokemon Online Name: V, Imperium
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I want to have a unique battling style. I want to beat people with grace and finesse :).

EDIT:

Can I also post my preference :O? If you don't give me my preferred tutor its okay :)

Preferred Tutor: Assassinsceptile
Why?: Same Timezone, and I want to get to know her better :) We got off to a bad start xD (sorry about that, Doc)

Last edited:

cookies kill you

Like a boss
Forum Username: Cookies Kill You
Timezone: Easter
Friend Code: Later
Pokemon Online Name: Cookies Kill You
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I just want to become a better battler and face the OSL

joshuaelite

Forum Username: Joshuaelite
Timezone: Central US/Canada
Friend Code: 5114 4277 9052
Pokemon Online Name: Joshuaelite
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: I want to learn more about 5th gen OU team building and synergy in general. I have no preferred battling style, but my favorites are well balanced stall and bulky offense. I also wouldn't mind learning a bit about UU or Ubers as well, as I have no experience in them, but OU is first and foremost on my priorities.

Last edited:
Forum Username: the_green_thunder
Timezone: *GMT -5:00
Friend Code: Black Friend Code: 4512 9794 3341
Pokemon Online Name: JEREMY
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon:
I want a better understanding of the OU metagame, and what Pokémon are right for what I want to try and accomplish in battles.
I'd also like to learn how I can get better IV's.

DarumakkaImposter

Forum Username: DarumakkaImposter
Timezone: GMT -5
Friend Code: 4813-6413-6036
Pokemon Online Name: Daru
What tier and battling style do you want to learn / wish to improve upon: b/w ou

i want to learn how to build and use an effective team

Status
Not open for further replies.