• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

ArceusLover

LEGENDARY MASTER!
I got 2 more =]

All pokemonz are controlled by Mudkipz

Mudkipz is the god of all pokemon....Not Arceus..

Thanks you in advance for mocking my comments..=]

You make no sense. Mudkips stink, first of all, and ARCEUS is god!

The Ticketmeister

Aquaholics Anonymous
Firered's description of Gastly mentions Indian Elephants...which I'm pretty sure don't exist in the pokemon universe...

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
the geodude line is very strange

a rock turns into a rock that turns into a reptilian golem boulder thingy

zaxly100

Glalie Luva
I got a few:

Ho-Oh and Girafarig are the only Pokemon that are spelled the same forwards and backwards.

Pikachu couldn't learn Thunderbolt in R/B.

The only Poison Type move that the Nidoran families learn is Poison Sting.

Wooper can learn Ice Punch. It has no arms.

In PMD, a Diglett mentions that it has feet.

Tearen the Absol

Carpe Noctem
The original coloration for jigglypuff in the anime and drawings always had greenish eyes. Now the regular jigglypuff has blue eyes whereas the shiny has green.

bigguy99

SS+Cyndaquil=PwN!
Poliwrath can swim back and forth across the Pacific Ocean without getting tired, and, without any practice, knows the front crawl, butterfly, and breast stroke (swimming styles) when he evolves from Poliwhirl.
A BELT keeps Machoke and Machamp from becoming uber powerful. A FREAKING BELT!

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Sometimes when you evolve a female Azurill into a Marril, the female Azurril turns into a male Marill.

It happened to me once.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Porygon-Z is based off of Glitch Pokémon

In RBY, Poliwag and Poliwhirl could learn Amnesia

In the Hoenn Pokédex, there are no Pokemon that learn Vine Whip, Mega Punch, or Mega Kick by leveling up

.4 has no weaknesses

Shiftry can read minds

Despite constant anime depictions, Nuzleaf cannot learn Grasswhistle

Anorith and Wingull have higher speed than their evolutions

Porygon is larger and heavier than Porygon2

Krabby and Gyarados have the same base Attack stat

Munchlax and Shuckle are tied for having the lowest speed stat ever

Spinda has more forms than any other Pokemon

The number of Spinda forms outnumbers Pokemon species

A male Burmy's form has no effect whatsoever on its evolution

Phione is the only legendary Pokemon capable of reproducing (Manaphy doesn't count because the eggs it lays hatch into Phione)

In Trapinch's evolutionary line, Vibrava has the lowest base attack (both Trapinch and Flygon have base 100 attack, Vibrava has base 70 attack)

Kingdra, Dialga, and Palkia are the only Dragon-types not weak to Ice

Dialga is the only Dragon-type not weak to Dragon

Metagross's evolutionary line is the only one where the highest form is considered a pseudo-legendary and the lowest form is unable to learn Hyper Beam (or most other moves, for that matter)

Porygon's evolutionary line is the only 3-stage evolutionary line where all 3 Pokemon are able to learn Hyper Beam AND Giga Impact

Chatter cannot be Sketched

Arceus can only learn Draco Meteor if it is holding the Draco Plate

Smeargle and non-Dragon Arceus are the only Pokemon that do not get STAB on Draco Meteor.

It is possible for a lv. 6 Doduo to defeat a lv. 47 Dialga

Vibrava, Flygon, and Smeargle are the only non-legendary Pokémon that are not Flying-type and can learn Fly

Chatot has the highest Special Attack out of all Normal/Flying types

Bibarel and Girafarig are the only Normal types with another type that isn't Flying

Gastly can learn all the elemental punches despite an obvious lack of the necessary anatomy

In Red and Blue, Cloyster's shell opened from top to bottom

Despite Shellder changing form when assisting a Slowpoke in evolution, giving a Shellder the item Slowpoketail in GSC does not trigger any change whatsoever

Slowpoke's evolution in the games does not involve Shellder in any way

Slowpoke in the anime have never used any attacks (unless the ones in Azalea Town were using Rain Dance)

In Pokemon Tower, w/o the Silph Scope, even Cubones show up as ghosts

The dead Marowak in Pokemon Tower is the only uncapturable wild Pokemon (except anything else in the tower prior to obtaining Silph Scope)

In FireRed and LeafGreen, Pokeballs, Key Items, TMs, HMs, and Berries can't be deposited into the PC

And lastly....

MuDkiPz iS AwEsOmE!1!1! (sorry, I couldn't resist!)

NinjaBaker

Last edited:

runka

Charizard pwns it!
It is possible for a lv. 6 Doduo to defeat a lv. 47 Dialga
by Missingo.Master

How???????????????

Anyway...

Breloom is the only evolutionary line where only the absolute basic form can learn a certain sleep move.

All I have.