• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Roxanne is the only female rock type gym leader.

Forrest's Runs

The e4 in D/p are the only ones to use fire and bug typs and to have a various typ as the chapion(not counting r/b)

sec. gen is the only gen not to have a water gym leader because they replaced it with bug
gen4 is the only ones not to have fire,physich
gen 4 and 2 are the only gens to use steel, ghost ice gyms.
Gen2 is the only gen to have a dragon gym
Hoenn and kanto are the only ones who have a fire gym
First gen has the only ground gym

just some things i noticed

Last edited:
Emerlad is the only game, iirc, where 1 of the Gym leaders is different to others of the same generation (did that make any sense?)

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
pokemon puzzle league was 1st generation, yet in the harder modes withe thepuzzle elite, (or E4), they add in ritchie, and on the hardest cases, mewtwo, but they also take out agatha and lance

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
Talking of mystery dungeon, azelf is the only protector of a lake that doesn't attack you in anyway!

Last edited:
- Moltres is the only one in the anime who is not been "owned"

lol

Oxymoronically, you can use repels to attract fleeing Pokemon like legendaries (repels repel Pokemon that are lower leveled than your first Pokemon, so you can use that to "attract" legendaries of higher levels).

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
Oxymoronically, you can use repels to attract fleeing Pokemon like legendaries (repels repel Pokemon that are lower leveled than your first Pokemon, so you can use that to "attract" legendaries of higher levels).

I would never have thought it made a difference, plus, another of my facts, people tend to refer to eevee evolutions as eeveelutions, which gets on my nerves, but is also a great play-on-words.

I would never have thought it made a difference

Technically, it doesn't. But if you're in the same area as the Pokemon and you use repels, then the Pokemon that will appear will be the legendary, right?

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
if you're in the same area as the Pokemon and you use repels, then the Pokemon that will appear will be the legendary, right. . .

. . .unless the pokemon in front of the party is higher level than the legendary that runs away, e.g if you had a Drapion level 57 at the front of your party, then mesprit and cresselia will not appear.

. . .unless the pokemon in front of the party is higher level than the legendary that runs away, e.g if you had a Drapion level 57 at the front of your party, then mesprit and cresselia will not appear.

Fair enough. But under the right circumstances (which I should have specified earlier) it works, right?

Yes, but even so, they are never guaranteed to appear.

If you are in the same area as the Pokemon and you "disable" to option to meet wild Pokemon under a certain level (which just-so-happens to leave only the legendary left) and the only way to have the legendary leave the area being to change route (iirc) then you are kinda guaranteed.

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
If you are in the same area as the Pokemon and you "disable" to option to meet wild Pokemon under a certain level (which just-so-happens to leave only the legendary left) and the only way to have the legendary leave the area being to change route (iirc) then you are kinda guaranteed.

unless you are unlucky enough for the pokemon to flee to another area before finding them, (mesprit did that all the time when I looked for it, and I'm not the only one who has had that happen) but it is almost guaranteed.

unless you are unlucky enough for the pokemon to flee to another area before finding them, (mesprit did that all the time when I looked for it, and I'm not the only one who has had that happen) but it is almost guaranteed.

Wow, I didn't realise that could happen...

Ash, Brock and Dawn all have at least 1 Pokemon in the Humanshape group with them (Chimchar, Croagunk and Bunneary).

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
In pokemon G/S/C when you look at your pokemon party, onix's picture displayed with Hp and Lv/status problem, is the same as gyarados's.