• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

R_N

4 sum reason, Jynx and Banette do not get evolutions in 4th gen. They should've because Jynx was part of the trio (Magmar, Electabuzz and Jynx) which got evolutions.
no
no
nonononononnonononononnonono
They are not a trio, if anything it's counterpart is Mr. Mime.
Both are psychic, originally available through in-game trades, one's a girl, one's more masculine
Hardly. In fact, the Cynthia quote Superlugia3 so kindly posted seems to imply Arceus and the other 'deities' are just scary powerful Pokemon that ancient people thought were gods.

Sort of like when the Spainards came over, the..Mayan's, I believe thought they were gods (Quetzalquatol in particular)

DragonRay8

the shadowtrainer
there is no true flying type pokemon.

almost half of the normal types have the type flying.

and speaking of flying, many dual flying type pokemon have a type that is eathier weak immune or super effective agist it : bug/flying eletric/flying ground/flying ect.

Chaos Rush

Colder climate
Simple!
Yet there's no snow in nearby places, and Twinleaf Town is far away from Snowpoint. I think they were gonna add snow for all of West Sinnoh, but then after they finished adding snow for Twinleaf-Sandgem, they just said, "Screw this, nobody cares".

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Yet there's no snow in nearby places, and Twinleaf Town is far away from Snowpoint. I think they were gonna add snow for all of West Sinnoh, but then after they finished adding snow for Twinleaf-Sandgem, they just said, "Screw this, nobody cares".

well the earth has the southern part and he northern part(north & south pole) has a crap load of snow. i would assume its based off of that

The 'Solaceon Strip' has more steps on it then the trip from Twinleaf to Oreburgh.

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
well the earth has the southern part and he northern part(north & south pole) has a crap load of snow. i would assume its based off of that
I blame articuno :p

Cruisercard

^ Of course. Let's kill him.

yeminied

Of all the Pokemon introduced in the fourth generation there are only X number of each type that are non-legendary and not related to another Pokemon from another generation, the numbers are

Bug:8
Dark:4
Dragon:3
Electric:5
Fighting:6
Fire:3
Flying:9
Ghost:4
Grass:9
Ground:8
Ice:2
Normal:10
Poison:6
Psychic:2
Rock:4
Steel:7
Water:10

Plus Shellos is only a pure water type, I thought that it was also a ground type!

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Just to disprove some things about Jynx.

Jynx is considerd counterparts with Electabuzz and Magmar for they are both together number wise, have the elemetns of Ice, Thuder, Fire like the birds, all three got pre-evos in the second gen. Jynx is more related to them then Mr. Mime.

Jynx does have a vowel, and its Y as it is somtimes considerd a vowel as when none others are present the Y will take a vowel form as in the case with My

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
And another fact.. Pokemon fan that post here sometimes go off topis

cloudk

hates you.
Regarding Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow/swarm.
Aside from having a 1.5 boost to your fire/water/grass/bug attacks when your hp is below 33%, the attacks' power is doubled when your HP is lower than 25% in PMD.

lorddarigarn

Bane of Optomists.
Despite having an IQ of 5000, Alakazam cannot learn Nasty Plot.

Bobby Frank JR

Mewy Christmas!
Spiritomb and Dratini are the only non-water type Pokemon that are obtained by fishing.