• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Floatzel is tied with Starmie as the fastest Water-type Pokémon, with a base speed of 115.
When Floatzel's maximum speed is combined with its ability, Swift Swim, it has the highest speed among all Pokémon.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
Starmie is the only Water Pokemon that Gym Leader uses that is genderless

Jukain:)

Heart & Soul...
Magikarp is called the weakest pokemon yet seven pokemon have lower base-stat totals.

pokemaster001

you battle a water gym in every game and surf is a HM in every game, but only platinum has you able to use surf after a water gym
platinum is the only game where you don't visit a previous town to fight a gym, which has always been the 5th or 8th

freakyboy05

Swing the bat
I don't think this is a fact but, how do battles in pokemon centers leave the area intact after using moves such as earthquake, fissure, rain dance, sandstorm, hail, surf and other environmentally destructive moves? Even if technology is way advanced in these games, there is no magic here.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
I don't think this is a fact but, how do battles in pokemon centers leave the area intact after using moves such as earthquake, fissure, rain dance, sandstorm, hail, surf and other environmentally destructive moves? Even if technology is way advanced in these games, there is no magic here.

The moves are probably much less destructive then they seem. Also, I bet that the floors and walls are very tough.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
you battle a water gym in every game and surf is a HM in every game, but only platinum has you able to use surf after a water gym
platinum is the only game where you don't visit a previous town to fight a gym, which has always been the 5th or 8th

Actually you have to beat Wake in order to be allowed to use Surf.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
Ignoring Shedinja, Snorunt is the only pokemon to become a ghost type via evolution.

Surely this means that it dies?
I don't think it dies. If ghost Pokémon were actually dead why would they require sustenance such as Berries, or Poffins, etc.
They are also able to mate; unusual for something dead.

Random Fact: Pikachu is the only Pokémon to say its anime cry within a mainstream Pokémon game, Yellow.

R_N

I don't think it dies. If ghost Pokémon were actually dead why would they require sustenance such as Berries, or Poffins, etc.
They are also able to mate; unusual for something dead.

Random Fact: Pikachu is the only Pokémon to say its anime cry within a mainstream Pokémon game, Yellow.

Likewise, Pikachu's the only pokemon to get it's cry changed in any of the main games (and most of the spinoffs, too).

R_N

Some Pokemon say their name in their cry as well, it's just a bit less distinguishable.

Chatot, for example, says it's Japanese name in it's cry. Perrapuuu~!
...well similar to that anyway.

There's a few others that allegedly say it, but Chatot's the only one I've clearly heard.

Oh, speaking of crys, in Platinum, Gallade's cry matches up with its animation. The 2nd "part", the one that sounds, uh, like unsheathing a sword happens when Gallade extends his elbow-blade (or should I say elblade, tee hee)