• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

calvin_0

Gardevoir Lover
back in RBY, Nidoran is the only pokemon with gender, even when they implement gender system in GSC, Nidoran is still name Nidoran (F) and Nidoran (M) instead of just Nidoran.

correct me if i'm wrong.

martianman40

LIKE A BOSS!
back in RBY, Nidoran is the only pokemon with gender, even when they implement gender system in GSC, Nidoran is still name Nidoran (F) and Nidoran (M) instead of just Nidoran.

correct me if i'm wrong.

Wewll they'd have to, otherwise they'd have a massive chunk missing from the pokedex.

I know Dialga's base speed is 90, but if IIRC, Magikarp's base speed is 80...

I can verify that, checked on bulbapedia myself.

calvin_0

Gardevoir Lover
even Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir have a female look, they still have a male and female instead of just Female like Chansey

acrotis

Woodchuck
At least one species of Pokémon evolves at every level from 20 to 40, except at levels 29 and 39

Steel Pokémon are immune to Poison attacks, but can nonetheless be poisoned through the Poison Point ability or Beedrill's move Twineedle.

In R/B/Y , a dual-type Pokémon being attacked by a move that is super effective on one of its types, and not very effective on the other, will take normal damage. However, R/B/Y displays "It's super effective!" or "It's not very effective..." message anyway.

Thats a lie.

My Chansey evolved at level 29, and I could of stopped it so it evolved at 39.

Cheers.

In the R/B/Y backsprites, the ridges on Machoke's head went all the way down to its back.

Gardevoir can breed with Muk.

Glalie can breed with Hoppip.

Shinx can breed with Rhyperior.

turtwig trainer67

Master Breeder
i was watching a heonn region show on tv and it the stupid little question they do at the commercial said...and i qoute " which one of these pokemon evolve into seviper?"

your choices were Lombre, Arbok, and seedot the answer was arbok.....Arbok does not turn into seviper... I checked in my pokedex book the internet. no way, it doesnt turn into Seviper!

Did any body else see that episode?

Mewx

OUs are A-OK!
On brawl the driffloon trophy states drifloon tries to drag little kids into the underworld.
*Shivers*

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
i was watching a heonn region show on tv and it the stupid little question they do at the commercial said...and i qoute " which one of these pokemon evolve into seviper?"

your choices were Lombre, Arbok, and seedot the answer was arbok.....Arbok does not turn into seviper... I checked in my pokedex book the internet. no way, it doesnt turn into Seviper!

Did any body else see that episode?

I saw it, and I wanted to say it!
Haha guess you beat me to it LOL

Darkeus

Primepae will NEVER stop chasing its enemy until it catches it. And it gets dumber but stronger. It must have A LOT of stamina.

Chimchar can breed with Jynx.

Feebas/Magikarp can breed with Treecko/Charmander.

Despite its R/B Pokedex entry stating that it lost the ability to stand on its hind legs, Ivysaur's R/B sprite shows it standing on its hind legs.

ShadowX

Shadow Master
Something stupid i found in D/P is that shinx learns charge before he learns any electric attacks... kinda stupid if you ask me.

Headshot-Jackal465

The Kwisatz Haderach
They mean evolving by expirence not stones, happiness, trading, ect.

edit: beat me to it.

served

In the first generation, 3 attacks were siper effective against psychic type: lick, twinneedle, pin missile. Only 3 pokemon learned these (counting gastly lineage as only 1) and one (jolteon) was neither bug nor ghost.

Brock's TM: Bide is not a rock attack.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
No, Steel types are completely immune to Poison.

Actually, he is right, its just the simple fact that poison point is a useless ability, and nobody uses beedrill that makes people forget/not know this.

Mewtwo has the same colouring and basic body shape (minus the head) as Freeza's "Perfect" Form.

blitzerzero

Romanoff Kaiser NEX

DragonKazooie89

PokeBound Trainer
Kangaskhan does not have a pre-evolved form and has a baby in her pouch right after she hatches from an egg

There are Unown in the shape of each letter in the alphabet, a question mark and an exclamation point, but there aren't any Unown in the shape of numbers or other punctuation marks.

Dugtrio and Magneton are three of it pre-evolved forms fused together, but you only need one of them to get it.

Bug type Pokemon were originally weak against poison-type attacks.

ArchangelUnmei

Shiny Cottonball!
In the original RBY, Gyrados was a Water/Flying rather than a Water/Dragon, and actually could learn Fly.

In the original RB backsprite, Charmeleon looked like it had an actual horn, not just a sort of spikey thing.