1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by munchlax505, May 3, 2008.

1. aurasageluke

aurasageluke AuraSage

Idk if I said this before, but Victini is a representation of the greek Goddess Nike, who proclaimed Victory as her own. This also hints that if there's another Mystery Dungeon game, Victini could be a female.

2. RedTroopa

RedTroopa Flame Trainer

Chuck, the gym leader of the Cianwood Gym, is a play on the real-life Chuck Norris

3. pseudoman

pseudoman Well-Known Member

Well they have wings and are part flying type.

Does blue tell her jigglypuff to use fly?

4. TheWatersGreatGuardian

TheWatersGreatGuardian Legendary Trainer

can't be. I beat him

5. Jonah the Slaking

Jonah the Slaking Couch-bound Warrior

Mew wasn't intended by game developers to exist. In Red & Blue, good ol' Morimoto programmed it in as a prank. It was discovered through a glitch and ended up becoming popular and widely accepted.

6. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

Spoink will die if it stops moving because it's heart is pumped when it bounces.

7. foxyman1167

foxyman1167 From Zero To Hero

No, it inhales a lot of air, and becomes a balloon.

8. Squiddly Dee

Squiddly Dee ∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋

- Bulbasaur used to be the first Pokemon in national Pokedex order back when poison was weak to bug, but that title now belongs to Charizard.

- Treecko has the highest speed out of all of the first forms of a starter.

9. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

a pikachu has no wings and it flies doesn't it? It flies through the same method a jiggltpuff would...the little birds are just response to the "pokemon under 12 pounds" argument...

10. Moonlight Amaryllis

Moonlight Amaryllis ♪smoke and mirrors♪

In several Pokedex entries, it is stated Umbreon sweats poison as a defense but it is not a Poison type and the only poison type move it can learn is Toxic through a TM. Luxio is stated in several Pokedex entries to use claws but they can't learn Slash, Scratch, or any variation of them. What the heck?

11. RedTroopa

RedTroopa Flame Trainer

They tried to parody him, but they could only make a play on the name

12. ShadeShadow

ShadeShadow (>^.^)>(;_;)<(^.^<)

... you guys took all of mine ;_;

13. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Do you know you can soft reset for the trainers in Nimbasa Stadium (both the big one and the small one)?

Which means you can get up to 7 Rare Candies per week just from the Stadium, by SR-ing until that one Nursery Aide appears.

14. OshyHikari

OshyHikari c l a r i t y

Hey guys, take a look at this!

Deino, Zweilous and Hydreigon's names are based on "one, two, three" in German.

I couldn't get their names right until I discovered this:

Deino (Die-no)

Zweilous (Zvi-lous)

Hydreigon (Hi-drey-gon)

15. pseudoman

Pikachu flies via balloon travel.

Now that i did a tiny bit of research, Yellow's pikachu does actually use fly in the manga, but as far as im aware it's still by balloons.

Ok, i guess jigglypuff can fly then. Sorry if i wasted anyone's time.

16. legendarycharizard

legendarycharizard The Warrior Spirit

In R/B/Y, you could fish in Gym Statues.

17. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

Despite its HG/SS dex entry stating it can support a grown human in flight, Yanmega cannot learn Fly.

Despite lacking feet, Dusknoir can legitimately know Mega Kick.

Despite a large portion of its in-game animation showing it spinning rapidly, Ferroseed cannot learn Rapid Spin.

Doduo and Dodrio can learn Steel Wing, despite apparently lacking actual wings. Conversely, Clefairy and Clefable, both of whom DO have wings, can't learn Steel Wing or Wing Attack.

Despite most of its Generation III dex entries praising its sense of smell, Weedle cannot learn Odor Sleuth.

Despite its diet of rotten garbage, and the fact that the move requires the spewing of garbage at the foe, Koffing and Weezing cannot learn Gunk Shot.

Despite other snake Pokémon being able to do so, Serperior can't learn Earthquake.

18. Quagsireking

Quagsireking I am the king!

Articuno, zados, and moltres, all have a spanish number in their names

19. pseudoman

Forretress is the only bug type to learn zap canon after it stopped being a tm.

20. Jonah the Slaking

Jonah the Slaking Couch-bound Warrior

Golbat is almost as big as Crobat, but only Crobat can learn Fly.