• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Enjolras

Master of the House

Dormant

I'M A TREE RAWR
Dialga's cry sounds like a chicken.

leafgreen5050

grass type Prince
Clefable and wiggly tuff both are defensive pokemon , both are kanto pokemon , both are pink, both get baby pokemon pre-volutions,both can learn sing , both are pure notmal types.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Clefable and wiggly tuff both are defensive pokemon , both are kanto pokemon , both are pink, both get baby pokemon pre-volutions,both can learn sing , both are pure notmal types.

Not anymore. It's all but confirmed that Wigglytuff will be Normal/Fairy type. Clefairy and Clefable probably will be too which might add to your comparison.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Nidoqueen is unable to breed, but Nidoking can o__o

There's something even better that I'm sure has been mentioned on this thread more than once : Nidoqueen can't breed, yet Nidoran F, the "little" one, can.

Missingno.Fan

The only pokemon in the original red and blue that could learn fly were normal/flying types(with the exception of mew). Aerodactyl and charizard could NOT learn it until yellow. I'm not sure if aerodactyl learned it at all.
No Aerodactyl could learn Fly in Red and Blue. Also the legendary birds can learn Fly.

Lass Brooke

Peaceful Trainer
Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Doduo and Dodrio can both learn fly, even though neither have wings... xDD;

TrainerTerry

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Doduo and Dodrio can both learn fly, even though neither have wings... xDD;

Gotta love that Pokemon logic lol

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Xatu is no longer the only Pokemon that starts with X.

Zweilous is no longer alphabetically last in a list of Pokemon.

I'm sure you can tell which Pokemon changed those facts. If you don't know for Z, you'll know when the games come out.

Last edited:

Mew_Celebi

Shocking Pikachu
I can't post links yet since I'm new but there is a video of Doduo using fly in pokemon stadium.
It uses its really powerful legs to stay airborn so basically it runs in air. XD That's kind of silly lol. I'd hate to "fly" on that thing.

Pokemon trainer Black

All praise Helix!
Registeels cry is the transformers transforming slowed down.

Sunset Star

The DS Gamer
• There were no pure Rock or Ghost types until Generation 2, no pure Ice or Steel types until Generation 3, and no pure Flying types until Generation 5.
• Pure Poison type Pokémon have only been introduced in odd-numbered generations.
• Despite having only one type, Tangela, Dratini, Dragonair, Misdreavus, Sudowoodo, Umbreon and Tornadus have all, at some point or other, had a unique type combination.
• The only Grass type Pokémon in Generation 1 that weren't part Poison-type were the aforementioned Tangela, as well as Exeggcute and Exeggutor.

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
Gyarados apparently can be used in sky battles, even though it can't learn Fly or has any wings. It's mega evolution even loses the flying type, but can still be used in a sky battles. Logic.

Hydreigon6507

This is a bit off-topic, but I cannot help but giggle when a Haunter faints. It looks as if it is begging for mercy.

hellothisismuffin

Element of Laughter
In pokemon emerald zangoose had purple claws contrary to his typical brownish-black claws. This is the only game in which zangoose' s claws are a different color OUTSIDE of its shiny form

EDIT: I believe this was common place in all gen III games sans firered and leafgreen and spin-off titles. However I could be wrong.

Mantyke' s DPPt Pokedex entry states that the face on it's back changes depending on region. This is untrue.

On a personal note, Dunsparce and Qwilfish were both introduced in gen II and both have remained largely unaltered since.

Last edited:

jbthedelirious

Pretty sure this is common knowledge, but I still find it interesting: Gen 2 is the only gen in which all three starters remain single typed.

legendarytrainer123

Happy Holidays!
Illmuise was the only Pokemon in generation 3 to have a name that began with I.

Taylor516

Girafarig was originally supposed to have two heads, not a tail with a face, that is why Girafarig's name is spelled the same in reverse.