• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Haddy

The Mismagius family is currently the only single typed pokemon to sport 3 immunities. (Normal/Fighting/Ground - due to levitate)

ShiningKnightXY

<----Newest Shiny
Although it has been established, a good portion of Gen V's Pokémon were meant to be similar to some of Gen I's Pokémon to help appeal to older fans. Some of these example include the Gigalith and Conkeldurr line which parallel the Golem and Machamp line respectively.

Gardevoir dragon slayer

and Dark quasher
Ferrothorn has the lowest weaknesses of any Grass Pokemon (Just Fire and Fighting) however its the joint (with Escavalier (kind of weird Escavalier is so slow when its classed as a cavalry pokemon) slowest fully evolved pokemon.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Drifloon and Drifblim have had the most Signature Abilities, with 2, Unburden and Flare Boost, but not at the same time, since Flare Boost is it's Hidden Ability while several other Pokémon got Unburden in Gen V.

Drifloon and Drifblim are also the only non Gen III Pokémon in their Exp. Group.

NBP

The Mismagius family is currently the only single typed pokemon to sport 3 immunities. (Normal/Fighting/Ground - due to levitate)

How about Gengar? :S

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
In Ruby and Saphire, they intended a Pokémon like Shellos to appear, despite only being released in Generation IV. This can be found in the game's coding. It looks like a combination of east and west Sinnoh's Shellos.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
In Ruby and Saphire, they intended a Pokémon like Shellos to appear, despite only being released in Generation IV. This can be found in the game's coding. It looks like a combination of east and west Sinnoh's Shellos.

Actually, it isn't like Shellos, it is Shellos. Both it and Gastrodon were planned for RS but dropped in production, and the Sprites that were probably goign to be used in RS exist in the coding of DP.

"Its body temperature is roughly 18,000 degrees F. Flames spout from gaps in its hardened shell." ~ Magcargo's Black and White (2) Pokédex entry.

By logic, the sun has a surface temperature of 5,778 kelvin. If you do the math, 5,778 kelvin = 9,940.73 degrees Fahrenheit.

This shows that, if Pokémon were real, any person would die immediately if they got too close to Magcargo.

Zowkaiii

Don't know if it's been posted yet, but both bug types that can learn fly aren't even part flying type.
Also, in Emerald, you could get a pokemon's health to 0 and have it not faint with a Pomeg berry.
(first post!)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Don't know if it's been posted yet, but both bug types that can learn fly aren't even part flying type.
Also, in Emerald, you could get a pokemon's health to 0 and have it not faint with a Pomeg berry.
(first post!)

Been posted a lot, said Pomeg Berry is the Pomeg Glitch, which is the only way to hatch Evolved non-Baby Pok;emon out of Eggs directly.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
"Its body temperature is roughly 18,000 degrees F. Flames spout from gaps in its hardened shell." ~ Magcargo's Black and White (2) Pokédex entry.

By logic, the sun has a surface temperature of 5,778 kelvin. If you do the math, 5,778 kelvin = 9,940.73 degrees Fahrenheit.

This shows that, if Pokémon were real, any person would die immediately if they got too close to Magcargo.

This also shows that Pokedex entry cannot be trusted at all.

There are tons of other Pokedex entries that are full of lies. I think one of the most popular entry is Yanmega's (said to be able to carry an adult, can't learn Fly to carry a child)

Remmie

This also shows that Pokedex entry cannot be trusted at all.

There are tons of other Pokedex entries that are full of lies. I think one of the most popular entry is Yanmega's (said to be able to carry an adult, can't learn Fly to carry a child)

Hahaha! So true! There's one thing that really unnerves me: if Alakazam truly has the I.Q of a super intelligent computer, shouldn't it be able to speak human language? If it's smarter than humans, I don't see why they couldn't speak or use telepathy like Mewtwo.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
Just because something is intelligent doesn't automatically mean it can speak "human".

However, going by how Slowking, Lapras, and Mewtwo can, you have a point.

Yosh208

Don't know if these have been said but here goes:
The pokemon who perished at bell tower were Jolteon, Flareon and vaporeon all revived as legendaries.
The strongest move can only be delivered by the one and only shuckle
Mawile is the only steel type to become fairy with klefki and when mawile has mega evolved, he has the strongest attack in the game (going over the previous limit)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Don't know if these have been said but here goes:
The pokemon who perished at bell tower were Jolteon, Flareon and vaporeon all revived as legendaries.
The strongest move can only be delivered by the one and only shuckle
Mawile is the only steel type to become fairy with klefki and when mawile has mega evolved, he has the strongest attack in the game (going over the previous limit)

The Pokémon who perished in the Brass Tower fire were never confirmed to be them, that's just stupid fan speculation.

To be precise, the maximum possible can only happen in a Double Battle, while holding a Metronome, with five Rollout Hits, a Defense Curl to power Rollout, a maximum Defense (+6) before Power Trick is used, Power Trick being used, it getting Huge Power or Pure Power through Skill Swap, it having a Critical Hit, the opponent's Defense minimizec (-6), a Helping Hand bonus, Level 100, a Nature boosting Defense, Flower Gift active, 31 Defense IVs, and maximally EV'd in that Stat, and the opponent being a Level 1 Yanma with a Defense lowering Nature, who has no Defense IVs or EVs, and then Rollout is used.

You just proved yourself wrong, as Mawile and Klefki share the same Typing.

You just proved yourself wrong, as Mawile and Klefki share the same Typing.
Quit being so antagonistic. He's actually right, as far as my memory serves; Mawile is the only steel type to gain a fairy typing with the release of generation 6.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Quit being so antagonistic. He's actually right, as far as my memory serves; Mawile is the only steel type to gain a fairy typing with the release of generation 6.

What do you mean?

Mawile is the only steel type to become fairy with klefki

That sounds as if he';s saying that Mawile is the only Steel/Fairy Type plus Klefki, not Mawile gaining the Fairy Type.

rocky505

Nincada says hi.

On the other hand, Rotom is the only Pokemon that can lose its Ghost-typing from its Base form.

Nincada doesn't really evolve into Shedinja though. It evolves into Ninjask and the Shedinja comes out of nowhere.