• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
There isn't any physical rock type move with 100& accuracy

There is one (Ancientpower) in 3rd Gen :p
Two, in fact, if you count Hidden Power [Rock].

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
There is one (Ancientpower) in 3rd Gen
Two, in fact, if you count Hidden Power [Rock].
they r not physical,they r special...oh,u meant gen 3,but gen 3 is gone^^

Mario-Sonic

Former NSider
This may already be known, but I have a few facts that I've seen.

• Lucario and Togekiss are the only non-legendaries to know Aura Sphere.
  • Pure Grass-types and pure Rock-type have up to 5 weaknesses total.
  • Sheer Cold is the only 1-hit KO move to work on all Pokemon types.
  • Sucker Punch is not a type of punching attack. It's called Ambush in the Japanese games.
  • After using Power Trick, moves that reduce Attack will continue to affect the Pokemon's original Attack stat. Same case for Defense lowering moves.
  • Vacuum Wave is the only special attack that gives the user the first strike.
  • In a double battle, Revenge and Avalanche will only have double their normal power if the target Pokemon has damaged the user.
  • The effects of Drought and Drizzle only last for 5 turns after the Pokemon that used the ability leaves the fight. Sand Stream and Snow Warning are in effect permanently until another weather condition is used.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
D/P has the same timeline as G/S/C, which is 3 years in the future after events in R/B/Y and R/S/E. Proof? Red Gyarados news at the beginning of D/P says hello.
You can tell that G/S/C is a couple years after R/B/Y in the game; BUT how could you know that G/S/C is AFTER R/S/E? I'd like to think of that whole Red Gyrados and Jasmine thing in D/P more like easter eggs than in actual relation with the Jhoto timeline.

^Maybe so, but it does seem to make some sense.

-The highest damage possible is not the handiwork of a mighty level 100 Pokemon done to a defenseless level 1 Pokemon; it is the damage doubled when the helpless one holds a focus sash and retaliates with either Counter or Mirror Coat.
-The old man who instructs you is a tricky one, and I suspect is a favorite of a good number of us!

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Abra is not hungry

Kadabra wants to eat lunch

Alakazam has now 2 spoons cause he's hungry but what a retard he is, instead of a fork he uses another spoon.

Snorlax just got fatter in 4th gen because of more berries and poffins.

Chimecho is like a fish bowl with a huge fish stuck in it thats why the tail is only seen

Magikarp is a weakling retard, he needs 'Brain Flakes' instead of Bran Flakes

Infernape wants to eat bananas while Flare Blitzing Empoleon.

Empoleon wants to be a king but lacks a Kings Rock

Torterra is like a mini-island

Doctor Is

iWinner of all Time
Alakazam has now 2 spoons cause he's hungry but what a retard he is, instead of a fork he uses another spoon.

Hey! Alakazam has an IQ of of 5,000 - thick twice before insulting.

Perhaps he only eats stuff requiring a spoon!

As for why two? Who knows? Maybe having such a high IQ makes you extremely paranoid about everyday stuff... In this case, dropping your spoon & having to get ANOTHER. D:<

Still this deal amuses me. XFD

Last edited:

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Curiously, despite resembling a tree, Sudowoodo is a Rock-type. Ironically, it's the first pure Rock-type in National Dex order.

There were no pure Ice and Steel Types until Gen III.

Slowpoke needed shellder to evolve in the show

I dont see a shellder in the games and it still evolves!

And why is arcanine ledgendary? :(

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Fire Fang is super effective against Shedinja, breaking the wonder guard. Any shadow ball or bite or ember could do the same.
Fire Fang still hits Sableye and Spiritomb if they have Wonder Guard, for some reason. It's not programmed just for the Pokémon Shedinja's weaknesses.

-BJ-

You can't use Teleport in cities or towns. Why not?

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
I have cloned Mew alot of times in the GTS and it won't be Mewtwo XD. If Mew was cloned shouldn't it be Mewtwo?
o_0

Jynx was resembled to Michael Jackson.
First off, 0_0.
Second, Jynx was supposed to resemble either a Japanese trend of clothing popular at the time or a Japenese myth "monster". Personally I think it looked like one of those heavily armored opera singers.

Platinum has the very first person with an african ancestry (Dahlia). Sorry for the racist fact :p.
That is in no way racist. You are basing this apparently from her name [from your other post]
that is your opinion which happens to be a stereotype[because you're basing it from her name]NOT racism. Learn when to use the word racist, because it can be very harsh and inappropriate when not used in the right situation.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Fire Fang still hits Sableye and Spiritomb if they have Wonder Guard, for some reason. It's not programmed just for the Pokémon Shedinja's weaknesses.

Was it fixed for Platinum?

Onix a huge snake has the same attack stat of a Weedle>_>

Dragonite has base 80 speed and a Magikarp has base 75 speed.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn