• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Stupid, Funny, Interesting, Weird, Uncommon and Unobvious Pokemon Facts

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
I thought thay Sinnoh's North-Eastern Isle was based on Scandinavia.

uber9001

IN THE BATHROOM!
Jubilife City is based on Sapporo, and is in the same spot as Sapporo is on the island above Japan.

razor fire

A Ruby is just a rare red Sapphire, so pokemon Ruby and Sapphire are more similiar then most originally thought.

Just like how Emerald is similiar to a Diamond?

The battle zone in Sinnoh is technically based on an island in Russia. This, if the correlation holds true, would mean a few things; Diglett's cave is still the only area which is based on japan to host wild Diglett, the player actually can cross the border out of the "Pokemon Nation" as some call it, and Heatran is actually foreign to said nation. That's all I could think of, but I'm sure there are a lot more things that one could logically derive from that bit of information...

I thought thay Sinnoh's North-Eastern Isle was based on Scandinavia.

You could be right on that one. Either way, it isn't japan, so the stuff there is still foreign.

Actually, the Battle Area is based on the southern part of the Russian island named Sakhalin. It is shown here on this real world map:

Sea_of_Okhotsk_map_ZI-2b.PNG

Lolitar

there are over 4 billion different spindas '~'

What do you mean by this? Can spinda transform or something? o-o
And how do people know these random blurbs of facts? do they like study random factology or somethign? *confused* lol.

What?

According to the Diamond/pearl pokedex Driftloon tugs on little children And tries to take them away. however they are too heavy and it gets carried around instead

Sincerly,
;453;Guy

;425;;425;;425;;425;

Roxas.XIII

Shredder
arboK=Kobra ekanS=Snake

R_N

And how do people know these random blurbs of facts? do they like study random factology or somethign? *confused* lol.
Every spinda (mostly) has a different, unique spot pattern.

Most of these facts probably come from Bulbapedia. The ones that put them there are most likely really observant.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Captain Didn't-Read-The-Page-Before-This strikes again...

To clear this up: there are 4294967295 different possible Spinda spot configurations, with the full personality value calculating the co-ordinates of two facial spots and two spots on the ears. It's a cool gimmick, but it's sadly wasted on a Pokemon that is only twice Sunkern's stats.

elite ralf

I don't know if this was already given but

Electric-type has the least weakness defensively, being only the Ground-type.
Grass-type has the most. (this one is pretty obvious tho) :D

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Not a Pokemon fact, but something I find interesting.

The timeline between the original Donkey Kong game and the first Donkey Kong Country game is slightly wrong. In DKC, Cranky says he's the original DK. There are about 8 years separating both games. If that were the case, and you took the DK Jr. games out of the picture, Cranky wouldn't be that old, DK would be a little younger, and Diddy wouldn't have even been born yet.

Forgive me for that. If there's another thread for this, link me to it.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
I don't know if this was already given but

Electric-type has the least weakness defensively, being only the Ground-type.
Grass-type has the most. (this one is pretty obvious tho) :D
Electric AND Normal.

Grass AND Rock.

This wasn't already given in recent memory due to its obviousness, and of course you didn't mention Rock.

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
Shellos and Gastrodon were originally meant to be used in RSE.

Clefairy was originally going to be the main character of the series, not Pikachu.

AbsolKnight66

The Knight of Dark
Zangoose and Seviper can breed with each other, even though they fight for many generations...

razor fire

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Spinda#Trivia

Due to the personality value a spinda can have 4,294,967,296 different forms.

A Pokemon captured with the pokerus in RSE will keep the virus indefinitely when traded to FrLg, as there is no flow of time present.
Also happens with Colo/XD
Do you have proof for the Shellos thing?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Ruby_and_Sapphire_beta#Pok.C3.A9mon

However, the idea was scrapped and was used in D/P instead.

Zangoose and Seviper can breed with each other, even though they fight for many generations...

The snake vs. mongoose thing also happens in the real life. The reason for them being able to breed is because they're in the same egg group.

Last edited:

asperger1981

good reader
Nidoran♀ can breed but Nidorina and Nidoqueen cant. thats pretty weird.

I agree with that.

why do you think nintendo did that?

If it where a real life form, I would classify it as a genetic failure, and you?